Everything posted by Tomcal
-
Nice photo at sunset on Ipanema
To give perspective the statue is 105' tall
-
A "likeohmygod" adventure in Rio and its saunas - Feb 2017
Thank you for telling this! This has been the same since 2001 when i started going to Rio! NEVER walk on the beach side of the Blvd that separates Copa and Ipanema from the restaurants and condos on the opposite side of the Blvd at dusk or later! I have walked the commercial side opposite the beach at midnight or later 500 times and never had a problem but once my friend wanted to walk the beach side back and he got robbed! I wouldn't do it unless i was in a group of 4 or more!...which i always am now! :-)
-
Mexico a unexpected visit
What you don't see in the video is the master suite on the second floor accessed by a starway by the pool and has a master bathroom with a tub for 4!! It must have been designed with me in mind! :-)
-
Mexico a unexpected visit
Here is a youtube video of the house i am negotiating on in Mexico. But i am going back down this weekend to look at 7 more homes since i and the owner have not reached a agreement yet and i want a 2nd and 3rd choice! Btw the ceilings in all the historic homes are 18' tall. And the doorways are 12' and the colors are bright! Some of the homes are remodeled to look like a NYC or LA Modern Condo but i like and want the authentic and colorful Mexican cultural look! http://carolkirbywilliams.point2agent.com/Listing/VirtualTourSupersized.aspx?ListingId=184333518
-
Planning my First Latin American Trip
Ax, reading anything in Daddy's reviews is IMHO, a complete utter waste of time! the adjectives--"minimal" "useless" and "really dated" come to mind immediately! You are the most active person in their Brazil threads and you haven't been to Brazil in a number of years and the last time you were there as I remember you didn't get to the saunas...? There are a couple of private forums that have only known members on them that offer current update info.. but for 99% of the gay guys going to Brazil this has the most up to date and current info! Even information that is 1 year old is outdated as the scene changes regularly! saunas, bars open and close, the best nights to go changes every 6 months or so(as someone who has been there every 3 months for 16 years I know this for a FACT!) I would be very very skeptical of someone's advise on traveling to "gay" Brazil if they hadn't been there in the preceding 12 months and more likely that past 6 months! Think of NYC, the bars I went to from 2000 - 2013 are no longer there like Splash Bar New York which was the biggest but like many couldn't keep up with the rising rents and conversion to high end retail and condos! My point being things change constantly so the ask here before you go, if you have questions! Caveat-- I posted extensively from 2001 to about 2006 on that site and myself along with 4 other Brazilian affectionados all left about the same time...over the years less and less got posted in their Latin America forum! and from what I can tell it's usually newer guys that will ask the same question here and over there, and Axiom will respond that they should check out this site or that one(which they already have)!
-
Planning my First Latin American Trip
Sorry I meant to say Buenos Aires is more European...
-
Planning my First Latin American Trip
Lmao!! I love it!
-
Planning my First Latin American Trip
My experiences are well documented on here! :-)
-
Mexico a unexpected visit
Here is a house i looked at but decided on a different one , but gives you a good idea of the historic homes for sale down there.
-
Planning my First Latin American Trip
Depends on what your primary goal is? Cheapest place to go or easist accessible sex? Or sightseeing and things to do other then sex? For example Argentina is a large city more European then a lot of cities in Europe! Very goodlooking guys but not a sauna scene like Brazil. Probably need a little more info from you and remember all of us are biased based on our likes/wants/needs so take everything you hear with that in mind, i am sure you will have a good time with whatever place you pick!
-
Cheap Brazil Airfares
There is a daily direct flight from LAX to GRU that gets you in around 7:00 in the morning on AA and you can get a flight on GOL or TAM to Rio for less then $60. I did it last trip . This upcoming trip i am staying the first day and night in SP and catching a flight into SDU the next day at noon.
-
Mexico a unexpected visit
Tom, that actually sounds pretty reasonable compared to most places on the coastal US. About 2% of what that equivilent would cost in Ca.! I am talking in Mexico about houses on the Water! Nothing between your front door and the water except sand! Property taxes are very minimal about $200. - $300. US a year on a $250,000. Utilities about $300. - $500. A year with the bulk of that going to A/C during the hot summer months(i won't be there then and the house will be closed uo so i expect to stay on the lower end!
-
Mexico a unexpected visit
Sure! For around $200,000 -$240,000.US u can get 2000 sq ft with a pool, 3 bed/3 bath in the historic section all updated, i.e. Stainless steel appliances, nice bathrooms. If you are a beach person, 20 minutes from centro you can buy a single family home on the beach for $300,000.+. You can easily live on $1500./mo US if you are relying just on SS
-
Mexico a unexpected visit
I am heading back t o Merida Mexico next weekend, this wasn't planned but my relator called and said 3 houses that he thinks I would like came on the market and I should see them ASAP as he didn't think they would last long. I said that the airfares were reasonable but this being the high season there wasn't anyplace to rent for the weekend in the location I wanted! He said "no problem you can stay at my place in the guest house!" I should explain that this was the 2nd realtor I was dealing with on my last trip there as they do not have MLS in Mexico and each realty firm has their own listings, you need to work with several agents to see everything that is available. When I met him at first I did not know he was gay! In the course of the day I realized it so the last night I was there we had a party and invited him and he brought over 3 very good looking guys! A Cuban, a Venezuelan and a Mexican! Two of them were really stunning! He is a lean nice looking guy about early to mid 40's and very successful. At the party that night I showed him photos of Brazil...well actually I showed him photos of the guys in Brazil! He said " I have to plan a trip there with you! He says "I will pick you up at the airport and we will go drop off your luggage and then we will go out to find some hot guys and on Saturday we will go look at houses!" This guy understands customer service! :-)
-
Nice photo at sunset on Ipanema
The "Brothers" mountain in the background.
-
Next trip to Brazil
Ax, i think i am too set in my HOing ways to settle down with one person but he definitely has had a effect on me different then any other guys i have met there in the last 16 years! But who knows what will happen? I am just going to hang on for the ride! :-)
-
Next trip to Brazil
Here's the pic i meant to put in the reply to Docbr!
-
Next trip to Brazil
Docbr, while he wont make me monogomous, he has definitely slowed me down alot! I am not having the 3 guys who usually stay at the apt there this upcoming trip! but during the week i will be able to get to the saunas as he won't get there before 9:00pm On Mon Tues or Weds! Btw i realize this isnt the proper forum for this but Grindr has been amazing for me in SoCal. Since i am not in LA and apparently neither are the Professionals, i am getting alot of college age guys, primarily 19 - 23, more then willing to do it for $40. - $60. And they are fun! Although 2 kinda turned into BF status after the first couple dates and now i pay for the drinks or dinner but thats it! They always say something like "would $50. Be ok?" About 50% are mexican 25% white and 25% Black or Asian that respond! Just thought you guys might want to give it a try!
-
Next trip to Brazil
Muclelvr, as you know i stopped putting face pics on here because of a previous posters lavk of descretion! But i do have some pics of him with sunglasses on ...
-
Next trip to Brazil
I keep making modifications to my upcoming trip! Now i will be flying into Sao Paulo staying one night there and then flying to Rio Saturday and staying there thru the next Saturday and then flying back to SP for one night. These changes are because of one guy i met 2 days before i left Rio on my last trip last month! I have been going to Brazil for 16 years and have never felt this way about anyone before so i thought spending 8 days together rather then the original 2 weekends i was going to spend with him! one of the differences between him and other Brazilians i have spent time with is that he is a medical professional with medical degree, who happens to be incredibly handsome(IMHO). He is also older at 29 then most of the guys i have been with there. I feel like a 16 yr. old girl when he calls. We have talked every day for the past month since we have met and i haven't told my regulars in Brazil yet in case it doesn't work out! I keep waiting for "the other shoe to drop"! We will see! :-) what ever happens (and i am a realist) it is and had been a great month!
-
First time visitor to Rio saunas
Great report and i totally agree! I have finally got used to the wife/kids thing! I have been to 3 weddings and several birthday parties in Niteroi of guys i had been fucking in the saunas, and danced with their wives/girlfriends... last one i went to was a neighboorhood party in Niteroi with about 200 residents i was the only foreigner and gringo. At that time there were 8 friends all from thecsame neighborhood working at 117 and i had been with 7 of them over the previous year numerous times! They invited me and i had a great time!! The caveat being we didnt mention to anyone we met at the sauna. I met them playing Volleyball on the beach! Lol. only in Brazil
-
Next trip to Brazil
I just got a message from one of the guys who was part of the regular apartment group for the last 5 trips. He was a army paratrooper and one of Brazil's medal winning jujitsu champions really a nice guy! (Met him through floridarob). Last Octobr he joined the French foreign legion because there was no opportunities for him in Brazil! He has now finished training and sent me a FB message that he is coming to the US next year and can he stay for a week with me and see SoCal? That took me about a millisecond to say yes! :-)
-
Breakfast at the apt in Rio is always busy!
Gotti, it wasn't that difficult for 2 reasons,1) I am there every 3 months or so and I know a lot of guys and 2) this is the year of facial hair in Brazil!! I bet 75% of the guys have 3 to 7 day growth going on! It reminds me of about 7or8 years ago all of the sudden almost all of the guys in Porto Alegre had Braces on their teeth! it was like a orthodontist rode into town and put them on everyone!
-
First time visitor to Rio saunas
You can get Uber at Gig you have to get it upstairs at departure level, I did it a month ago.
-
Breakfast at the apt in Rio is always busy!
Gotti it is 4 different guys, but remarkably alike in body type/face/height