Everything posted by Tomcal
-
January in Brazil
Lucky, for you i will try and make this one more memorable then the past 80 or so trips i have taken there!
-
January in Brazil
Jan. 11th to 23rd
-
Brazil: health insurance?
Get the private insurance! many/most docs and dentists in Brazil have 2 offices, one for their national health care patients where there is long waits and imho less them optimal care and their private offices for their private insurance/cash customers! The private insurance patients go to office buildings where there are no names on the doors or directories but only numbers! Nice modern offices compared to their general offices. I had lost a tooth several years ago and had a implant done there, and it was done in his office 1 block from the beach on Siwquerio Campos ! It is a 12 story bldg with no names but all offices have everyone from dentists to orthopaedic surgeons! It cost 1/4 of what it would have cost in the states! My dentist and his wife were both trained in the U S as are the majority of the better specialists there.
-
January in Brazil
I confirmed my flights to Brazil for next month! I will be in Sao Paulo, Rio and Porto Alegre starting January 12th., this may be my last trip to Rio until May or June so i am looking to make as memorable as i can. :-)
-
Mexico
Pt 2 con't. while i think i will always go to Brazil and in fact i am going there in 2-1/2 weeks, i wanted to find a place closer to my home in Calif., that still offered the ability to meet guys! No place imho will offer me the Quanity/Variety/ and beauty of Brazil but there are still some very fun places to go to! As i grow older the 13+ hr trip to Brazil gets to be something i dread and i am usually in first or business class! For the last 4 years my friend Rob has spoken about Merida and this year opened a business there! I had not even heard of it so i went and visited him the first time in February. Within a hour of landing we were walking through the main city Square in front of the Cathedral and i met a guy who was sitting on a park bench and ended up staying the night for $20.US! It has 4 gay bars/clubs and is overall very gay friendly! And most importantly Mexico does not require Visas for Brasilians. I brought one of the guys from SP/lagoa last time and will definitely do it again!
-
Mexico
Badboy81, mexico was my choice for several reasons. 1) location in relation to the U.S. Was a very important reason because if for either health or family emergencies it is 1-1/2 hrs by plane from Houston which has a large Intern'l airport and in my case 2-1/2 hr flt home. 2) I wanted a place that was not only gay friendly but had a a thriving gay life and 3) that made economic sense for a 2nd home! Merida provided all this with a population of 1,000,000 and while only 100 miles from Cancun considerably cheaper in all aspects! It has a active cultural life but is not a resort city like its close neighbors, Cancun and Playa del Carmen and the homes are 1/2 the price or less!
-
Mexico
Here are some photos of the house I am going to make a offer on. The ceilings are 18' tall throughout the house except for the kitchen which is 12' . There is 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms on the main floor and a master suite on the second floor by itself which would be a great guest suite! and then a spiral staircase to the third floor rooftop deck with wet bar and bbq
-
Mexico
I got back last weekend from spending a week in Merida looking at a house to buy. I narrowed it down to 3! On the 2nd leg of my flight from Houston to Merida i met a guy from DC who was also coming down to look at buying a house! Over the next two days we ran into each other 3 times looking at the same houses! He ended up buying one of the ones that was in my final 3! I confined my search to the histoical section of town where the majority of homes are in the 150+ yr old range! The insides have been competely updated but maintain the feel and look of these colonial era houses! FloridaRob spent the week looking at them with me and then each night we went out and/or had a get together at my rental home(which is the one i am making a offer on after looking at 22 homes!) the second night there i invited a local escort over and Rob had a FB come over. We spent the time having drinks by the pool and then went to the bedrooms. After we got done and went to have another drink by the pool The guy wanted to know if i wanted to go to a club with him that his girlfriend works at as a stripper! Now this is like De la vous all over again and i am back in Rio! He said we will have a good time! I told him i would like to but am really tired and need to go to bed! So at 1:30 i called Uber and got him to laeave with the promise that i would go to the club with him next time! Btw, he was 22 and muscular and 1/4 Chinese and from Vera Cruz which i was told has a sizable Asian population.
-
New Meio Mundo sauna in Rio
A fact many do not know is that Meo Mundo is in a "Historical Building"(which in this case means it is just fucking old and ugly, imho)! Therefore the exterior can't be changed, which is why it is a 3 story building surrounded by multi-storied office buildings! MM has it rented through 2017 and I am sure it will be renewed as I can't see what other business would want it given it's limitations! but this might explain why limited improvements have only been done there do to the high cost of remodeling and keeping within the "Historical Society's" rules for modifying these National treasures!
-
Brazilian Saunas
No I am not in Rio now, I just got back from Mexico and home for the Holidays! Personally I go from 5:00 to 8:00 or 9:00 depending on the day and who I am meeting.
-
AirBnb in RIO, can I bring a boy?
I agree! It a case of "do as i say not what i do!" Lol. I have never had a problem and we are talking 100's of guys but i am not dumb, nothing of value is accessible! The last few years the guys i have over i know well and have no problem leaving them sleep in, for example while i go to the grocery store or in the evening head to a sauna while they visit with friends or watch TV! Again it depends on a combination of your astuteness, level of comfortability and how well you know the guys!
-
AirBnb in RIO, can I bring a boy?
My apt does not have a doorman but it has 3 locked doors! The first one from the street to enter the bldg. the second to enter my section of the bldg. and the third to enter my apt on the third floor! I feel very safe but the bldg diesnt pay for a doorman and also after 11:00 pm it takes two separate keys to unlock the door from the street!
-
Brazilian Saunas
He goes to NYC about 4 times a year! He told me it is his favorite city...but never told me why! lol
-
Brazilian Saunas
here is a partial map of the metro system and you can see the three stops for the suanas. Starting in the middle/lower right which is the downtown(central)of Rio, the stop for Meo Mundo is Uruguaiana, then three stops down from there is Gloria for club 117 and 6 stops down from there is Siquerio Campos the stop for Point202. It is less then 12 mins. to go from MM to Pointe on the metro or about 30 mins. in a cab. the map is distorted somewhat because my apt is across from the General Osario station and it takes less then 2 mins to go from there to Siquero Campos two stops away.
-
Brazilian Saunas
. the escort saunas in Rio are Pointe202 in Copacabana, Club 117 in Gloria and Meo Mundo in Centro, all within 2 to 6 blocks off the Metro(subway)line making it very easy to visit all three in a night if you want to. I have done this by starting at MM downtown and then going to 117 and then ending up at Pointe202 in Copa at the end as it is close to my apt. Attached is a picture of Junior who is the owner of Pointe202. He started out as a sauna boy about 20 years ago and then bought Estacio sauna in 2002 and Pointe202 in 2003, occasionally in the first few years I started going to Rio he would down a towel and be "working" cause a special client was coming in town! I was told his rate was many times the going rate but given he was a Top with a Big Dick it was worth to those special clients! he stopped that in about 2004. He is a grandfather now. I think he is about 44 (the photos are current) as you can tell by the wall poster hanging up behind him in his living room he is something of a ego maniac! :-)
-
Brazilian Saunas
With the exception of my Namorado in S.P. I always have them come to my apartment, mostly because it is def. going to be nicer and more conveniently located then where they are.
-
GAY GUIDE/BARS, etc. in Rio de janeiro and beyond....
Neither filled with "gorgeous guys" nor one hell of a site to consult, IMHO! As example, Fosfobox is a very small bar that everyone walking up Sequiro Campos on the way to or back from Pointe202 and no one has ever noticed it! like several others mentioned, it is a small neighborhood bar and filled with regular guys, not necessarily young and not gorgeous! unless you are talking about "The Week" which does have younger and hotter guys, and unless you are fluent in Portuguese you are not going to have much luck. Galeria is really small, and La Cueva is a sorry pit! Bar 49 is a straight bar with occasional gay tourist and friend might show up in!(me) And it doesn't even mention ToNemAi the only GAY bar on the Rua Farme de Amoedo off the beach and does have a number of attractive guys usually. Proof you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet.
-
brazil january 2017
Tidewater! I will give it a try! I have been to Thermas in Barcelona 4 visits encompassing probably 4visits each trip in the years, I think from 2010 to 2014. and brazil over 100 visits from 2001 to present. In general I find the saunas in Brazil to be a friendlier more social environment but that could just be because I am much better acquainted with them!. As far as Pointe202 goes, I have found some of my favorite guys on slow nights in a sauna, so don't pass up a opportunity to go just because someone says "Oh it's not good on that night!" with the entrance fee averaging between$40 - $45.R(approx. $12.+US) after what you spend on airfare/lodging etc, a extra 12 bucks to see who is there on your way from the hotel is not a big deal!
-
Engl-speaking BFE in Rio?
Redxs, you are luckier then me! I get less then 5% that can say anything other then "suck my big dick" or some similar phrase in English!
-
AirBnb in RIO, can I bring a boy?
bobbalino, you have left me at a loss for words!! and that never happens to me!! LMAO!
-
AirBnb in RIO, can I bring a boy?
I have been stating at apartments/airbnb since 2009 when i stopped staying in hotels in Rio, have never had a 1) a Problem 2) never been asked anything by the doorman or had him questionnanyone i invited 3) never had anything stolen 4) Usually there are 3 - 4 or occassionly 5 Guys with me! BUT the ones i invite to stay overnight i have met on several occassions first at the saunas!
-
Whatsapp video-conferencing ....
I get to Merida tonight sitting at Houston Intern'l waiting for my flt I use google translater and it works well for portuguese and spanish! Or at least the guys understand enough that i am happy! :-)
-
Whatsapp video-conferencing ....
I Also have the video feature on my Iphone 7s !
-
CUBA Gay Hookup Tips and Contacts
He might, but I don't think reporting on the escort scene in Havana is a high priority right now! He said that the majority of the guys left doing it are in his opinion not that attractive. You are better off using Grindr in the city you are in then traveling to Cuba, if sex is your priority! or going to Brazil, Mexico or Thailand! Which he has been to all three many times and lives in Mexico now.
-
CUBA Gay Hookup Tips and Contacts
He might, but I don't think reporting on the escort scene in Havana is a high priority right now! He said that the majority of the guys left doing it are in his opinion not that attractive. You are better off using Grindr in the city you are in then traveling to Cuba, if sex is your priority! or going to Brazil, Mexico or Thailand! Which he has been to all three many times and lives in Mexico now.