Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AdamSmith

Deceased
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AdamSmith

  1. Just so. Try Toronto. (That is to say, don't. )
  2. Monsters under the bed? Or IN the bed?
  3. It had not occurred to me to claim such, but let me work on it.
  4. Dear heart. I can make the case for 99 out of 100 poets being gay. (E.g., possibly the best blow job of my life was administered by one Stephen Spender, in of all places Wallace Fowlie's bathroom. Going to Duke did have one or two advantages, one has to admit.) But ol' Tom Eliot was alas straighter than Hemingway. Even took a few boxing lessons -- imagine!
  5. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Seems on point. Also, with all that dough, will be easy enough to set up housekeeping on opposite continents.
  6. Yuck. Gross. Go sleep in the guest bedroom!
  7. Thanks. Maybe I will rent them. But even a couple seconds of Jar Jar is almost too much.
  8. Restaurant named Second Empire, located in this beautiful old (Second Empire, oddly enough) historic house in Raleigh: http://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/raleigh/dod.htm Meal was so good that it helped me forget entirely whatever it was that I was going to post. Must have been of world-shaking importance.
  9. ROFL I know. That was why I poked you thus. I have a serious point about what I said. I just now got served a beautiful meal. Back shortly.
  10. Thank you. I did time at Duke and Yale. Not in their Divinity schools, thank the Lord, but the joke about both is: You go in an agnostic, you come out an atheist.
  11. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Can one imagine the mindset of any woman who would assent to such?
  12. Eliot was über-straight. Notwithstanding his rooming with a couple of flamers some time after leaving his first wife: he was hardly the prude some depict. His second marriage, to his longtime secretary in his 60s, she half his age, led him to all manner of cracks about "late risings" and "last stands" and etc. etc. The Old Possum still had it in him!
  13. THANK YOU! Finally somebody gets to the root of the matter. (Pectoral implants or not. What's good enough for Trey Thurston... ...they feel quite real, BTW! )
  14. Well, this is a serious debate. We do have a legislature that functions that way. But we also have a judiciary that, when called upon, is empowered to do things contrary to the popular will, if it finds those things in law or Constitution.In Massachusetts, polls at the time of the Supreme Judicial Court's ruling to allow same-sex marriage showed popular sentiment to be against it, roughly 57% against if memory serves. But once the court ruling took effect and the populace had opportunity to watch same-sex marriage in action, within two years popular sentiment reversed: about 60% became in favor of it. Sometimes the courts' independence in advancing unpopular causes reminds why that branch exists, and is so constituted.
  15. One can but quote Whitman: ...I am large, I contain multitudes...
  16. ...And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker, And in short, I was afraid... T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Poofter" (His first inspirations were usually a lot better than his revisions. His working title for what became "The Waste Land" was: "He Do the Police in Different Voices" ...so much better!)
  17. AFTER I AM FINISHED WITH IT! Jesus. Can the dying have no peace?
  18. Paying bills online has been one of the great blessings. Few things used to irritate me more than the monthly grind of handwriting checks, stuffing the envelopes, blah blah. Although for some reason I still don't like automatic debit. Stuck in the Victorian era yet! (lookin will hopefully supply some appropriate graphic. )
  19. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I'm one. You're one. Aren't we all one?
  20. Seems telling that you have to look to the movies to find an example of the Good Priest.
  21. Odd. A day ago it was being noised about that he was going to run for governor. The $$$ must have won out. He might have been (could still be) a decent governor. Having to cater only to the MA electorate, Repubs are allowed to act sensibly in that role.
  22. Jar Jar was the reason I couldn't bring myself to watch parts 5 and 6.
  23. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I think you should sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over. http://www.daviddarling.info/images/HAL_eye.jpg"]http://www.daviddarling.info/images/HAL_eye.jpg[/url]

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.