Everything posted by AdamSmith
-
Arizona - the wackado state. . .
I realize that proposition traffics in tautologies.
-
To escorts: Measure your junk, there's an app for that
Showing my FDR roots: my Lend-Loose program.
-
To escorts: Measure your junk, there's an app for that
I will lend you my 17-inch Gateway. Using the term loosely.
-
Arizona - the wackado state. . .
Would that there were some way to punish lawmakers found to have promulgated nonsensical legislation, akin to frivolous-lawsuit penalties.
-
Oprah and foreskins. . .
In contrast to the ruffian uncouth ones oft pictured on this site!
-
Color Photos Of Paris In The Early 1900s
Exquisite.
-
What would Emily post?
Well, if she ain't good enough for her own kinfolk...
-
What would Emily post?
I have no objection to anything I post here being linked to from Over There, or from anywhere. The Internet's most humane uses being to inform and to connect people, the more the better. As for other folks' sensitivities, I think EXPAT put his finger on it. In the recent thread on daddy's forum in which many posters expressed regret at Lucky's departure, I and then lurkerspeaks politely noted that anyone who wishes to keep reading Lucky's posts need not engage a necromancer to commune with his departed spirit (we resisted the urge to put it quite that way!), but simply follow him here. It was after lurker's post to that effect that the thread was summarily locked. Then there are Oz's business interests: I wish to do all I can to support them. The more links TO a site (among other metrics of course), the higher it appears in Google rankings. So linking to here from daddy's is a good, in that regard. On the other hand, does that raise the risk of inviting an Asian-carp-like infestation of unwelcome species in the heretofore pristine waters of this forum? Dunno. Although to date, generally, it has not. I think both TY and Oz have made a separate point, and a good one: Spending a lot of time making aspects of daddy's site itself the subject of extended discussions here is tiresome, and a distracting or worse use of reader attention span and page real estate. Not the occasional sober thread such as this one, of course! Rather those that devolve into obsessive gnawing at a distance on daddy's or deej's ankle about something or another in their behavior that is not after all determinant of our happiness here.
-
Happy belated 100th, RMN!
We overlooked Nixon's 100th birthday. Fortunately my fix for today didn't: they resurrected this number from their Sept. 1971 issue. Click each image to enlarge. http://www.madmagazine.com/?page=1&action=on_the_stands
-
Meet my Arabic teacher
And still you didn't act on the hint?!
-
MAD Magazine: Bats-Man
Prompted by the recent sale at auction of the original Batmobile for $4.6 million, MAD Magazine dug up the cover and first page of its 1966 spoof. Good to see the fag gag of the whole thing was as delicious then as now...
-
Hillary meme
- Trip Advisor reviews?
This makes complete sense. (Regrettably!) As a reviewer, how do you get entry to this game? Lots of unpaid reviews first? How do reviewer and reviewee first make contact with each other?- Trip Advisor reviews?
You are going to look for all the reviews signed "Lucky"?- J.J. Abrams To Direct New Star Wars
Disappointing, to me. I would far rather have more Trek. (And less drek! Sorry to the faithful.)- A Question About Reviews on BoyToy
How about just convert the existing scale directly to 0-5: 5 = Fantastic... 0 = Not for anyone That way the math of average score will work directly equivalent for old and new reviews. And a "0" rating seems more emphatic than just a "1" to denote "AVOID AT ALL COST." Which regrettably most have had one or two of.- NJ High School Senior Comes Out as Gay to His Entire Class, Gets Standing Ovation
Out of frame, lower left? ...follow his eyes. (Who else would you have the knife out for at that age?)- Boeing 787 Screamliner
"...iceberg..." As the high-school debate coach reminds your first time out, lose the analogies as they prove nothing. Sorry about Cohan. A 2nd-tier (if that) management consultant flack straining to ape Michael Porter, Clayton Christensen and others with some claim to being the Real Thing. He knows a little bit about IT but naahthing about mechanical, electrical, electronics or mechatronics engr/mfg. I mean, he is a Forbes contributor, for chrissake! Get a clue.- Hillary meme
Quite a few of her reaction shots while Senators bloviated were pretty hilarious.- Good-bye, and Keep Cold
My hypothesis is that a prerequisite for enjoying Sandburg is to be from the Midwest (wherever that is!): Any form of stimulus will do. Nor is criticism of much help, tending toward such blinding aperçus as this from Wikipedia: "Much of Carl Sandburg's poetry, such as "Chicago", focused on Chicago..." Really. We take no responsibility just because of his long sojourn in N.C. Just as we wash our hands of Pres. Andrew Johnson, Jesse Helms, Clay Aiken... (Who am I forgetting?) With you on the naked boys. Including any from Chicago!- Marriage equality news
The nearest possible? (...Here's a first rate opportunity To get married with impunity And indulge in the felicity Of unbounded domesticity. You shall quickly be parsonified, Conjugally matrimonified, By a Doctor of Divinity Who is located in this vicinity...)- Good-bye, and Keep Cold
I usually find Frost "our dullest great poet," as John Ashbery once cracked. But this piece, noted by poet Jay Parini (http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/25/opinion/parini-cold-weather/index.html?iid=article_sidebar), seems apt for today... Good-bye, and Keep Cold Robert Frost This saying good-bye on the edge of the dark And cold to an orchard so young in the bark Reminds me of all that can happen to harm An orchard away at the end of the farm All winter, cut off by a hill from the house. I don't want it girdled by rabbit and mouse, I don't want it dreamily nibbled for browse By deer, and I don't want it budded by grouse. (If certain it wouldn't be idle to call I'd summon grouse, rabbit, and deer to the wall And warn them away with a stick for a gun.) I don't want it stirred by the heat of the sun. (We made it secure against being, I hope, By setting it out on a northerly slope.) No orchard's the worse for the wintriest storm; But one thing about it, it mustn't get warm. "How often already you've had to be told, Keep cold, young orchard. Good-bye and keep cold. Dread fifty above more than fifty below." I have to be gone for a season or so. My business awhile is with different trees, Less carefully nourished, less fruitful than these, And such as is done to their wood with an axe— Maples and birches and tamaracks. I wish I could promise to lie in the night And think of an orchard's arboreal plight When slowly (and nobody comes with a light) Its heart sinks lower under the sod. But something has to be left to God.- Boeing 787 Screamliner
...no more of his anatomy than that?- Boeing 787 Screamliner
The baby could well make money for me one day, precisely because of these travails. (In fact it already has. To be serious again for a minute -- sorry! -- what I hope really comes of all this is insight in how to better execute globally distributed outsourced engineering and manufacturing programs. That trend will only accelerate, for reasons good and bad, so we had better up our game.)- Glitches . . .
Another thing that has gotten fixed: For several days now the reply-with-quote function has been working correctly in the mobile version of the site. Array! - Trip Advisor reviews?