Everything posted by RA1
-
Community Comity Commission (CCC): IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
MsGuy- I thought you gave the LBJ speech earlier. If nominated, I shall not run; if elected, I shall not serve.........etc. Now you are looking for a job description for your headman? Best regards, RA1
-
Why are "quotes" not appearing in reply posts?
I notice several quoted previous posts with underlying comments have a blank square where the first post should appear. This happened to a reply I made today also. Best regards, RA1
-
Who is your favorite crooner
Mine is Jerry Francisco who managed to say Elvis died of natural causes with a straight face (if you will pardon the expression). Much later he recanted and recognized polypharmacology as the real cause. Best regards, RA1
-
Who is your favorite crooner
I have not thought about crooners as such in quite a while. It seems an old fashioned term but then I am an old fashioned guy. I have enjoyed many on wayout's provided list and would include others such as Ray Charles, Dean Martin and as zip suggests, the queen of scat, Ella. Best regards, RA1
-
Illinois!
TN might be among the last. In deference to MsGuy I will state that TN, especially West TN, is full of ex-Mississippians who might have brought their preferences and prejudices with them when they moved here. However, the Memphis mayor before the current one made a major effort to encourage anyone who did not like his politics to move and there is a road from TN to MS that is called the road that Willie built. So, likely ex-Tennesseans who agree with those already in MS have found each other. Best regards RA1
-
1st World Problems - Take a tour of Michael Jordan's house that's for sale
I don't know from the context of your commentary if you are happy, appalled or indifferent but I am appalled. I also note the Derrick Rose commercial for Nike which refers to the lifestyle of NBA players. I realize it goes on and one must do something with one's money but still it is sickening to me. Best regards, RA1
-
Why Terry McAuliffe barely won
I noticed that but was too dumbfounded or inebriated to be cheered up. However, thanks for the reminder. There is some chance for a third party (vs. two that are only too similar) but some R's seem to think that the Libertarians are just an offshoot of the "modern" R's. If one looks at a 100 year history of both the R's and the D's, the early members of either would not recognize the latter members or so it seems. The morass continues or thickens. Best regards, RA1
-
Should A History of Smoking Crack Disqualify One From Office?
gcursor- I agree it should not disqualify him (unless specifically mentioned in qualifications for office) but I would like to think it would preclude him from winning. However, I completely understand 4 Aces comment about getting what you want or perhaps deserve but that does not make it palatable to me. I almost never want what I deserve. Best regards, RA1
-
'Justin Bieber busted sneaking out of brothel'
That was no lady, that was my wife or something to similar effect. Best regards, RA1
-
Community Comity Commission (CCC): IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
I tend to agree with Lurker. I would make the stern warning via public notice so "everyone" would know what and why. Ditto the time out and banishment. I thought I understood from the first post what Toz was getting at but I appreciate the clarification. I completely agree that extreme malefactors should be dealt with forthwith by the moderators. I am willing to be persuaded and see the results of any other form of censure. Best regards, RA1
-
Why Terry McAuliffe barely won
I would love to vote FOR someone. For very much too long many of us have voted against someone. Is there a third choice? Best regards, RA1
-
'Justin Bieber busted sneaking out of brothel'
I suppose it depends upon who is doing the busting. Best regards, RA1
-
Community Comity Commission (CCC): IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
I think that before any action ensues there must be a 10 day cooling off period followed by or including 100 pictures of naked guys as proof of intent. Otherwise, no deal. Best regards, RA1
-
'CIA made doctors torture suspected terrorists after 9/11, panel finds'
Blue Cross causes torture but does not reimburse for same. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Grandpa died quietly in his sleep today but his children and grandchildren who were riding in the back of the airplane he was flying screamed all the way to the ground. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Do you get instant relief or is it a placebo with time release qualities? Best regards, RA1
-
First West Point Male to male marriage
I suppose I am a little surprised to notice there has been no post or comment about this previously. Perhaps "things" have evolved quite a bit overnight and there is no reason to remark upon this. I find it interesting at least. In the US military a gay marriage will be difficult to completely assimilate into the military "culture". Sure, fooling around on your wife, playing the field, gang banging even might be somewhat accepted but a gay marriage? Not so much. However, officers have a much better chance of "surviving" than do enlisted men and women who might consider or attempt the same thing. However, their careers are no doubt in jeopardy, regardless of right or wrong. Sometimes career advancement seems to have little to do with right or wrong or even performance. Life is unfair. Should we as outside gays looking in hope for unequal treatment of these two guys? I think not. Over the years we have seen very uneven results when political dictates have promoted folks who are not qualified. That includes females, blacks, minorities and others. Qualified is qualified. My only hope is that these two guys are somewhat judged upon their qualifications and not some political edict or lack thereof. Best regards, RA1
-
How a war game brought the world to the brink of nuclear disaster
MsGuy- Your post is so full of sexual innuendo---snatch, bananas, quite mad with ambition. I almost missed your point. Best regards, RA1
-
How to eat: biscuits
Your escorts or your biscuits? Usually, the escorts make "gravy", do they not? Best regards, RA1
-
How a war game brought the world to the brink of nuclear disaster
lookin'- Sometimes we have opposite views about politics and other things, yet we can still be friends. Why cannot this be the philosophy of the earth? Best regards, RA1
-
How a war game brought the world to the brink of nuclear disaster
Every time the Soviets launched a nuclear sub all the crew's lives were at stake. Look at the terrible history of their fleet. I am afraid that the USSR has been largely a joke as a threat except for their "sometimes" off the wall threats. Here is the bottom line: There will never be peace without running the risk of war. Therefore, we, or others, have to press the test. In aviation terms that means pushing the limits to achieve the best result. Best regards, RA1
-
'The Forgotten Reign of England’s Lesbian Queen'
If you are asking me, then, yes, I am in favor of bringing back the guillotine for pols. I do not necessarily think we should chop off their heads, only their excessive ccmps to include medical, retirement, staff perqs and most of the other perqs. They should either suffer or rejoice with whatever their constituents enjoy, don't you think? Best regards, RA1
-
To Eddie33 and Gem147
Personal X personal = not a happy ending. Best regards, RA1
-
Deja vu
I LOVE tickling the feet of those I have engaged for the week-end. Sometimes, I even go further "upward" in their anatomy. Best regards, RA1
-
How a war game brought the world to the brink of nuclear disaster
Have editors gone on strike? It doesn't necessarily "ruin" a story when there are factual and other errors but it does put me on high alert. The KAL flight 007 was a 747. If the plane had not been shot down with much loss of life, the USSR's actions would be considered a comedy of errors. It is NATO, no Nato. How many other errors in this piece, both factual and analytical? Best regards, RA1