Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. Thanks for your reply. I shall endeavor to keep in mind both the US and Canadian holidays during my travels henceforth. Best regards, RA1
  2. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    CharliePS- I think you need to invite me over to cook a decent holiday meal for you and your spouse. I will admit that I will serve some vegetables but otherwise you should be satisfied. My main concern is you guys going out for a holiday meal which I have done before but only under duress aka business. Otherwise, home cooking is the best, whichever definition of same is your preference. Best regards, RA1
  3. Skank is such an unusual word, even in slang. Although I completely understand what a promiscuous bar patron might be, I would hate to have to explain it to anyone. Perhaps I mean define it. And, especially to anyone under the age of oh say 80. Meaning those who might be too young to understand. Best regards, RA1
  4. RA1 replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    Does "this" Queen Elizabeth live next door or down the block? Surely you do not mean THE Queen Elizabeth who does not take off pounds but merely adds them to her collection (of pounds sterling). I, among many others. lament the fact of grapefruit avoidance. Rather than risk any drug reactions and damage to my liver, I just avoid grapefruit. I have always liked grapefruit and upon avoiding it, like the idea of it that much more. Fortunately, I know of no reason to avoid other citrus fruits and especially enjoy FL tangerines. Best regards, RA1
  5. Am I imagining things or do Canadians flood into the US for Canadian holidays? Do US citizens flood into Canada for US holidays? Many years ago I was returning from Europe and stopped in Bangor, ME to clear US customs, refuel and spend the night. It was cold and I had already had a very long day flying from Iceland to Goose Bay and then Bangor. In the dozens of times I had been to BGR I had never had a problem getting a room but this night every place I called was full. Reason stated: Canadian Thanksgiving. I was too tired to go on to Portland or anywhere else. The weather was really crummy with fog. Actually I was the first and last plane to get into BGR in two days. I happened upon the DL stationmaster who was hoping one of their flights would get in because I did. No such luck. I asked where the DL crew spent the night. HI was the answer. So, I called the HI and asked about a room. No rooms. Do you have rooms for a DL crew coming in tonight? Yes. They won't be in. How do you know? Let me have you talk to the DL stationmaster and ask him if it is OK for me to have one of those rooms. OK, OK, OK. The next morning I met the crew that was supposed to take the DL flight out from the preceding night. They had been stranded for 2 going on 3 days. They were out of clothes, ideas and patience. However, they did get to leave that morning and so did I. Periodically I have run into Canadians visiting the US and they are completely welcome as far as I am concerned. It is just sometimes I am not familiar with their holidays and so am surprised to find a large number of them. Best regards, RA1
  6. I have no problem investing in or other folks investing in McD. I try to not tell other people what to eat anyway. If you want a 24 ounce Big Gulp, have at it. Perhaps surprisingly, I drink about 3 cups of coffee per year. At the moment I cannot remember the last time I had a cup. I don't eschew caffeine but I just don't "need" coffee anymore after drinking it all day years ago. Best regards, RA1
  7. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I have fond memories of a very similar menu. Baked turkey, cornbread dressing (not stuffing, my mother cringed at the thought of undercooked stuffing), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans and giblet gravy. No pies in the last 20 years, no ones waist would stand for it but fruit salad made with coconut was plenty for a "near" dessert. When my mother got too old to make this meal, I took over and have cooked it for Thanksgiving and Christmas ever since and will do it again this year. However, only my sister and I are left to enjoy it so we will + some family friends. Best regards, RA1
  8. Not sure if Maxine is a grandmother. Would her husband have survived such a curmudgeon long enough to produce children? Best regards, RA1
  9. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Remember, MsGuy, if the captain arrives OK then very likely so will the passengers and aircraft. Therefore, just leave any "problems" to the discretion of the captain. Best regards, RA1
  10. I am willing to assume the answer is yes, whoever you are. Best regards, RA1
  11. Will my debit card work? Best regards, RA1
  12. Don't I get any credit for, pardon the expression, being the straight man for MsGuy, lookin and others? I do peel carrots, trim onions, but eat cucumbers skin and all. The list goes on. Best regards, RA1
  13. RA1 replied to Suckrates's topic in The Beer Bar
    Is frugal Jewess an oxymoron? Just asking? Best regards, RA1
  14. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I highly recommend the cute buffet waiter. Technical problems have a tendency to work themselves out or time passes and no one cares any longer. Best regards, RA1
  15. Technical Writers: This works for pilots also. Best regards, RA1
  16. Yes. I debated internally about whether to use the "S" and went with the singular. Well, what do you think, RA? I think you should go with one "S", RA. OK, you talked me into it. Best regards, RA1
  17. I just don't have the stomach for it.Best regards, RA1
  18. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Everyone needs one more "P" don't they? Best regards, RA1
  19. I always eat potato skins, even mash them into mashed potatoes as well as eat a whole baked potato. Next you will tell me you peel tomatoes. Best regards, RA1
  20. Another reason to avoid McDonald's, a place I have not visited since 1997 and then I only bought a coffee. Best regards, RA1
  21. What was Scottish? Best regards, RA1
  22. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    How many drinks do I get if I do wipe my face on my shirt? How many drinks do I get if I don't? Best regards, RA1
  23. Now, wait a minute. Last time I looked Portugal was still in Europe. Perhaps they were born in Kenya, moved to Hawaii and then were adopted by a US family? After which, they would not need birth certificates? Best regards, RA1
  24. At first I thought you were talking about Sunny and Bo. Best regards, RA1
  25. I thought they were cute----both. Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.