Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Thanks for the reply. Too bad for him. However, he has a lot worse to worry about, doesn't he? Best regards, RA1
  2. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I see the one inch step so maybe she is 4 feet tall? Are those tats real? Best regards, RA1
  3. Is Tax Haven anywhere near New Haven? I hear those folks in CT need more than one haven. Best regards, RA1
  4. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    She must be under 4 feet tall considering he is 5' 7". Best regards, RA1
  5. Agree with your questions. Best regards, RA1
  6. Heaven only knows. I do not. But I suspect that this Prez likes to be among the rich and famous who spend money like drunken sailors. I think he assumes it is among the perks of the prez. Maybe it is but not with millions not working and many millions more under-employed or only having "part time" jobs. It is estimated that 70% or more of the "new" jobs "created" during BO's term were part time jobs and therefore not eligible for insurance or other bennies. I do not only point a finger at BO, many pols qualify. Best regards, RA1
  7. I also enjoyed the BF book. By then, I think I was more used to WI's style. May I repeat one of my favorite stories about AE? One day, at Princeton, Mrs. Einstein was being interviewed by someone from the media, who asked, Mrs. Einstein, do you understand the theory of relativity? No, I don't, replied Mrs. E, but I do understand Albert. I thought that lovely. Best regards, RA1
  8. I agree no one is listening to my call, not even the person I called. I know some think I have a one track mind but let me ask this question: If a Republican President had done the things that BO has done would there not be a huge hue and cry about it all? Here I refer to the NSA, the IRS, the Benghazi fiasco, the closing of embassies and a few other "indiscretions". Can't Beau fend for himself alone at the White House with the entire staff there to look after him without spending $35,000 to bring him to Martha's Vineyard on a Marine OV-22? Best regards, RA1
  9. Yes, I read Issaacson's book, which I thought read like a term paper. Still, I enjoyed it. Knowing one needs to leave, deciding to do so and then accomplishing same are three different things. Gratified that, although Einstein's personal life was often in shambles or at least mixed up, he was able to escape. He was an early hero of mine and still is. Best regards, RA1
  10. Is this similar to I lost 200 pounds of ugly fat, I got a divorce? Best regards, RA1
  11. Very interesting, but wasn't Einstein still in Germany in 1932 where he needed much more than an "invisible community"? Best regards, RA1
  12. More likely ironic and probably the truth. Although in TN we don't allow beer to be sold in liquor stores. Best regards, RA1
  13. Perhaps some US citizens from New England or thereabouts or Northern European citizens might swim in these waters but not this Southerner, with or without a swimming suit. Best regards, RA1
  14. Over the moon was always one of my most popular sayings. Best regards, RA1
  15. I am not sure I understand the entire concept. Is this bartering but with a different philosophy about the "coin of the realm"? Is there a "futures market" on the coins? If not, surely there will be soon, if it continues to be successful. Best regards, RA1
  16. Does a radioactive cat have 18 half lives? ...Art Bell. Best regards, RA1
  17. An early AAP, eh, even before we had smart phones? Obviously we don't have the political will to colonize the moon and far too many folks think space programs in general are a waste of money. They don't stop to think (period) about the benefits already realized. Tang, pens that write upside down, drunk astronauts that race up and down Daytona Beach, etc. If the current administration wants to spend money on projects that are greener than green what could be better than space? It is the new garbage pit for pollutants. NASA can't/won't go broke (like so many of the green projects) so long as we can continue to print money. Of course, if we completely turned the private sector loose we would already be on Mars. Best regards, RA1
  18. I have a few folks that I would propose be added to their list. In fact, I have at least a few multiples of $38 I would contribute to that cause. Are folks so bored with their lives here on earth or so desperate about their chances for a future that they would eagerly embrace a one way trip to Mars? Somehow I see hardly any of the usual rewards from being there that most people seek. This seems to require the "wrong stuff" to qualify. I cannot even agree that someone needs to do it. Best regards, RA1
  19. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I have never thought of what other than time or money could be donated to a mental facility. Most folks don't have any "spare" sanity to offer and not sure how you would package it up for delivery anyway. Best regards, RA1
  20. RA1 replied to AdamSmith's topic in The Beer Bar
    Oxygen masks for pets are also offered for use in unpressurized aircraft. For those with even more money to spend on their pets, there is a kennel with supplementary O2 available. Best regards, RA1
  21. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Two most likely reasons for the call: 1. Wrong number. 2. They want a donation. Best regards, RA1
  22. There used to be a charter service in south Florida that specialized in the mile high club. They used a single engine aircraft with the rear seats removed and padding provided. The pilot was screened from view of the back. I believe they advertised it as a sight seeing flight without further reference to what the sights might be. Best regards, RA1
  23. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I suppose it depends to some extent upon whether you consider Limbaugh a political commentator or entertainer, doesn't it? Best regards, RA1
  24. I understand your point. However, two points. One, this was in the politics threads and, two, politicians, current or ex, seemingly never take politics out of their philosophy or points of view. That is not to say that Slick Willie has never done anything that is good. He has. Best regards, RA1
  25. OK, this is a method to make contact with voters or others. But, it does not make any of it sincere. AKA a ploy. I am not favorably impressed. Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.