Everything posted by RA1
-
Bieber at it again
Thanks for the reply. Too bad for him. However, he has a lot worse to worry about, doesn't he? Best regards, RA1
-
Bieber at it again
I see the one inch step so maybe she is 4 feet tall? Are those tats real? Best regards, RA1
-
Bitcoin: tax haven of the future
Is Tax Haven anywhere near New Haven? I hear those folks in CT need more than one haven. Best regards, RA1
-
Bieber at it again
She must be under 4 feet tall considering he is 5' 7". Best regards, RA1
-
Bitcoin: tax haven of the future
Agree with your questions. Best regards, RA1
-
'Nobody is listening to your calls': Obama's evolution on NSA surveillance
Heaven only knows. I do not. But I suspect that this Prez likes to be among the rich and famous who spend money like drunken sailors. I think he assumes it is among the perks of the prez. Maybe it is but not with millions not working and many millions more under-employed or only having "part time" jobs. It is estimated that 70% or more of the "new" jobs "created" during BO's term were part time jobs and therefore not eligible for insurance or other bennies. I do not only point a finger at BO, many pols qualify. Best regards, RA1
-
Einstein's thought for the day
I also enjoyed the BF book. By then, I think I was more used to WI's style. May I repeat one of my favorite stories about AE? One day, at Princeton, Mrs. Einstein was being interviewed by someone from the media, who asked, Mrs. Einstein, do you understand the theory of relativity? No, I don't, replied Mrs. E, but I do understand Albert. I thought that lovely. Best regards, RA1
-
'Nobody is listening to your calls': Obama's evolution on NSA surveillance
I agree no one is listening to my call, not even the person I called. I know some think I have a one track mind but let me ask this question: If a Republican President had done the things that BO has done would there not be a huge hue and cry about it all? Here I refer to the NSA, the IRS, the Benghazi fiasco, the closing of embassies and a few other "indiscretions". Can't Beau fend for himself alone at the White House with the entire staff there to look after him without spending $35,000 to bring him to Martha's Vineyard on a Marine OV-22? Best regards, RA1
-
Einstein's thought for the day
Yes, I read Issaacson's book, which I thought read like a term paper. Still, I enjoyed it. Knowing one needs to leave, deciding to do so and then accomplishing same are three different things. Gratified that, although Einstein's personal life was often in shambles or at least mixed up, he was able to escape. He was an early hero of mine and still is. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Is this similar to I lost 200 pounds of ugly fat, I got a divorce? Best regards, RA1
-
Einstein's thought for the day
Very interesting, but wasn't Einstein still in Germany in 1932 where he needed much more than an "invisible community"? Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
More likely ironic and probably the truth. Although in TN we don't allow beer to be sold in liquor stores. Best regards, RA1
-
Scandinavian skinny-dippers warned of testicle-biting fish
Perhaps some US citizens from New England or thereabouts or Northern European citizens might swim in these waters but not this Southerner, with or without a swimming suit. Best regards, RA1
-
More than 100,000 want to go to Mars and not return, project says
Over the moon was always one of my most popular sayings. Best regards, RA1
-
Bitcoin: tax haven of the future
I am not sure I understand the entire concept. Is this bartering but with a different philosophy about the "coin of the realm"? Is there a "futures market" on the coins? If not, surely there will be soon, if it continues to be successful. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Does a radioactive cat have 18 half lives? ...Art Bell. Best regards, RA1
-
More than 100,000 want to go to Mars and not return, project says
An early AAP, eh, even before we had smart phones? Obviously we don't have the political will to colonize the moon and far too many folks think space programs in general are a waste of money. They don't stop to think (period) about the benefits already realized. Tang, pens that write upside down, drunk astronauts that race up and down Daytona Beach, etc. If the current administration wants to spend money on projects that are greener than green what could be better than space? It is the new garbage pit for pollutants. NASA can't/won't go broke (like so many of the green projects) so long as we can continue to print money. Of course, if we completely turned the private sector loose we would already be on Mars. Best regards, RA1
-
More than 100,000 want to go to Mars and not return, project says
I have a few folks that I would propose be added to their list. In fact, I have at least a few multiples of $38 I would contribute to that cause. Are folks so bored with their lives here on earth or so desperate about their chances for a future that they would eagerly embrace a one way trip to Mars? Somehow I see hardly any of the usual rewards from being there that most people seek. This seems to require the "wrong stuff" to qualify. I cannot even agree that someone needs to do it. Best regards, RA1
-
Caller ID.. Mental Hospital
I have never thought of what other than time or money could be donated to a mental facility. Most folks don't have any "spare" sanity to offer and not sure how you would package it up for delivery anyway. Best regards, RA1
-
Pet air masks
Oxygen masks for pets are also offered for use in unpressurized aircraft. For those with even more money to spend on their pets, there is a kennel with supplementary O2 available. Best regards, RA1
-
Caller ID.. Mental Hospital
Two most likely reasons for the call: 1. Wrong number. 2. They want a donation. Best regards, RA1
-
Mile High Club: Couple Busted After In-Flight Pleasure Session
There used to be a charter service in south Florida that specialized in the mile high club. They used a single engine aircraft with the rear seats removed and padding provided. The pilot was screened from view of the back. I believe they advertised it as a sight seeing flight without further reference to what the sights might be. Best regards, RA1
-
Forbes highest paid TV personalities
I suppose it depends to some extent upon whether you consider Limbaugh a political commentator or entertainer, doesn't it? Best regards, RA1
-
Bill Clinton's superpower of PAYING ATTENTION
I understand your point. However, two points. One, this was in the politics threads and, two, politicians, current or ex, seemingly never take politics out of their philosophy or points of view. That is not to say that Slick Willie has never done anything that is good. He has. Best regards, RA1
-
Bill Clinton's superpower of PAYING ATTENTION
OK, this is a method to make contact with voters or others. But, it does not make any of it sincere. AKA a ploy. I am not favorably impressed. Best regards, RA1