Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. lookin- Were you ever in the military? There most of the Constitutional rules are suspended, at least for a short time aka basic training. There are many surviving rules that must and should be observed but many are somewhat changed from what we as civilians think are ordinary. I am sure you have heard of UCMJ which provides some different but still legal rules to follow. As civilians, we are not subject to the UCMJ but we must observe other rules. I am sure you know this. As a further point, what is your opinion of being tossed into jail? There many citizens lose a few or many of their otherwise acknowledged rights. But, most survive, one way or another. I have no wish to being tossed into jail but I have no doubt that I would survive. Short term arrangements that are not in the ordinary course of US existence are survivable regardless of why. That does not make them pleasant or even legal but it does not make then other than survivable. We, the US citizens have a lot to learn and to hopefully change. I think we are mostly on the same page but there is always room for another opinion, don't you think? Best regards, RA1
  2. iphguy- I think you are over playing the facts. Most of the Japanese who were sent to relocation camps in the US were not citizens, although too many were. I also think you are comparing US camps with European ones and there is not justifiable comparison. Both were wrong and illegal. But, no US camp inhabitants were gassed or put to death with or without legal means employed. And, yes, it does matter how the locals felt during the war. They were tax paying citizens who were deprived of several things. There was a ban on fuel, food and many other items that were furnished to the inhabitants of the camps. Everyone worked during WWII to defeat Germany, Italy and Japan. There were sacrifices made by all. Unfortunately, one of the sacrifices made by Japanese citizens in the US was to be re-located but, again, most were not citizens. I agree about history and the aspect of having it repeated. I do not wish to argue with you but we seem to have some difference of opinion here. I respect yours. Do you respect mine? Best regards, RA1
  3. lookin- I suppose I was including a definition of workaround to mean another (legal) way of doing things. ihpguy- I would like to think that the US "relocation" camps were not the same as the death camps in Europe. As I mentioned yesterday, the ones in AR had the locals unhappy because they had better facilities than the locals. However, they were illegal as well as demeaning. As you know, there already is a wide spread "conspiracy" to deny the holocaust. I certainly agree, too soon we forget. Best regards, RA1
  4. That is interesting. If I am not intruding, why do you not have fingerprints? Best regards, RA1
  5. lookin- I was right with you until you stepped off the path and said "all" of us are now under surveillance and that is equality or fairness or whatever. Sorry, but that is not a workaround, that is a breach of the Constitution and totally illegal. We have a lot of illegal actions by the US government going on right now and I think you know it. This being just one. I appreciate your pointing out various failures of the government and society in general. Best regards, RA1
  6. AS- As usual, you make it more difficult to disagree. I have no idea how much voter fraud exists and I think few others do either. If there is no ID of the voters and anyone can just show up and vote, how does anyone actually know? OTOH, any citizen who can "prove" he is a citizen by ID who just wants to go to the nearest polling place should be able to cast a vote (according to me), but he should be able to and required to prove he is a citizen of not only the US but also the local area. I realize that is a "flaming" idea. I have no wish to make it more difficult for US and local citizens to vote, more or less regardless of their other qualifications. However, life is full of obstacles put in front of us all to achieve our goals. Politics is elemental but fraught with consequences. Thanks for the reply. Best regards, RA1
  7. iphguy- Thanks for the reply. Democrats also gerrymander districts. TN for one issues ID's free and tries to make it easy to get one. They even open offices on Saturdays to make it so. If they do not drive and have no ID, how do they buy beer? There are so many "modern" things that require a government issued picture ID I do not see how many except the extreme poverty stricken can do without one. Sorry to say, those folks are doing without a lot and voting may or may not be any help to their daily lives. If you don't know where your polling place is, do you have the IQ to cast a reasoned vote. I realize that IQ is not a requirement to vote in the US but it would be nice if voters were informed, would it not? I am not arguing with you or naysaying your comments, just presenting my or another side of same. Thanks. Best regards, RA1
  8. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I have a bottle of very special fragrance called, "Always Shunned". It is especially bottled for and sold by Pepe Le Pew. I realize some take this subject more seriously than I do and I have no intention of having any undesirable odor but soap and water + very little else seem to be mostly sufficient. My old coach said never put anything on your hair but water. Which is sort of the same as what I do now. Take at least one shower a day and use a good but not scented deodorant and go from there. I have indeed been around men who smelled good or who were good smelling. But, I never was sexually attracted by that primarily. Just not smelling bad seems a reasonable step in the right direction. No offense to anyone intended. Best regards, RA1
  9. Sure, as always. However, what you suggest is a principle and generality. Specifically how could the government in those days have handled the situation to the satisfaction of today's generation? I don't think they could have and certainly did not. Best regards, RA1
  10. As should be well known, a large number of Japanese, some citizens but mostly not citizens, were removed from the west coast to places further inland after Pearl Harbor. There were some in Arkansas which are fairly well reported and remembered periodically in our local media. One strange fact was these placed in very rural areas and the locals resented the Japanese not so much for racial or political reasons but because they had amenities not available to the locals; namely electricity, better food and more. In hindsight, the US government treated these folks badly but, considering the times and the situation, what should the US government have done? Best regards, RA1
  11. Somebody (or everybody) jump on me and explain why some of these "new" rules are so onerous. Let me mention a couple of the NC rules. 1. Picture ID. Even though I am a multiple of the legal age to buy beer, I have to show a picture ID to buy it in a grocery store and elsewhere. 2. Reducing early voting from 17-10 days. Why not make early voting year round? There has to be some limit. What is so onerous about "only" 10 days? 3.Extending polling hours. Ditto the above. Some limit is necessary or it would take "forever" to count the votes. What is unreasonable about a polling official going to the end on the line at closing time and saying, you are the last voter? I don't know the point, for or against, most of the rest of the NC rules but the legislature voted them in and can vote them out, just like voters can do the same with the legislators. Best regards, RA1
  12. A lot of good things are. Best regards, RA1
  13. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I have only been tempted to try Cologne when in Germany. Otherwise things tend to be overpowering. Best regards, RA1
  14. I wouldn't disagree but offer one caveat; let's be sure we and the others have something worth exhibiting. Best regards, RA1
  15. On the one hand, one might hope that 10% or so of the population would not have a huge direct effect on a vodka manufacturer by withholding their patronage. That likely would indicate far too much drinking of vodka by that group. On the other hand, there is the principle. Taking a stand and being loud about it can have an out of proportion effect. There are many examples of minorities having an outsized result from their actions. Best regards, RA1
  16. There are plenty of vodkas that are not Russian, if that is your pleasure. Best regards, RA1
  17. I agree that it is disrespectful to his wife as well as his constituency (past or future). I suppose one question is, would you rather know in advance the sins of your elected officials or find out about them later? They all will have some. Best regards, RA1
  18. One never wants to know what really goes on behind the scene, does one? Best regards, RA1
  19. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    It is annoying when you have waited patiently in person for customer service and when it is your turn, they take a phone call. I was here first and waited perhaps a long while. The phone should be put on hold while they wait on me. Best regards, RA1
  20. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Here I am jumping generations. Of course, you are correct. Obviously I was thinking of great-grand-pa-pa. Brandies of every description can be interesting. Best regards, RA1
  21. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    So you are saying Prince Phillip is Dutch? All this time I thought he was Greek and Danish. Silly me. Oh, well, "royal" just the same. Best regards, RA1
  22. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    You don't think this is odd? Best regards, RA1
  23. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I know a guy who took the maiden name of his wife as his "new" middle name. But he did a lot of odd things. I actually don't know what she did in that regard. Never thought about it until now and have never met her so that is one reason for not asking. Best regards, RA1
  24. But, thankfully, you are not an ex-pokehim player. Best regards, RA1
  25. Full scrotum sounds like what happens right after a scrum in rugby. Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.