Everything posted by RA1
-
"Regrettable" No Nobel Peace Prize for the Orange Orangutan
So, you guys wanted no attempt to contain North Korea? Generally the choices seem to be war and negotiation. Which do you prefer? Best regards, RA1
-
God bless the Brits
Likely the Nazi's will not attack London while this barrage balloon is afloat. Best regards, RA1
-
Elephants
OK, I know the elephant is the animal symbol of the Republican party. But, did you know that elephants have prehensile penises? Apparently they can use them as a 5th leg for stability or for scratching places otherwise difficult to reach, swat flies or scratch. Let me see an ordinary Democrat do that or anyone else. This could raise the question of why do dogs lick their balls? Answer: Because they can. Best regards, RA1
-
Ivanka Shows Us Once Again....
Pie are round, cornbread are square. Best regards, RA1
-
Ivanka Shows Us Once Again....
Ain't edukation wunnerful? Best regards, RA1
-
Reaction emojis on the BT board
And, here I was hoping this was going to be about Morey Amsterdam. Best regards, RA1
-
Devastating
I am no fan of McConnell. If you mean delaying Obama's nominee until Trump was elected and then suggesting Trump's new nominee will be voted on before the Fall election, I view that as "normal" politics today (unfortunately). Best regards, RA1
-
Devastating
Both sides feel exactly as the various posters herein. Amazing. Best regards, RA1
-
Maxine Waters
It is all amazing to me. I agree that PC and intelligence are not the same but they can be intertwined. No? Best regards, RA1
-
Trump said he has good chemistry with Kim Jong-un
I will never sleep better so long as pols and dictators rule the world. Best regards, RA1
-
Maxine Waters
I agree that Obama thought before he spoke but I generally thought he was trying to make sure what he said was PC. That is something that most pols try very hard to do. Trump is basically not trying to be PC or so it seems. That is part of his appeal to his supporters. Best regards, RA1
-
Maxine Waters
But other Presidents do think their lying and bigotry is obvious? Best regards, RA1
-
Maxine Waters
One of the biggest differences between Trump and other Presidents is that he speaks what he thinks. Best regards, RA1
-
Maxine Waters
According to MS. Waters it would be OK to exclude Blacks, Hispanics, Gays and others from a business establishment because of their political views. Even though the law of the land is very different by simple extrapolation this would be OK according to her definition of protest. So far it is the right of business owners to exclude anyone other then those delineated by federal statute. However, they must then suffer or enjoy the consequences. Will restaurants now offer patrons the option of Left or Right seating? Or will there be a sign in front that says either Right or Left need not apply? We have had political dissent in this country from before day one and that is all good but I do not recall seeing or reading about this level of polarization before. This cannot be a way forward for this country. Best regards, RA1
-
The "Schmuck" Stops Here....
While I rely upon the Supremes for an ultimate solution (maybe sooner, maybe later) the solution that I rely upon for immediate relief is Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson. Bring a big hunting knife to a gun fight at your own risk. Best regards, RA1
-
Trump's Mother-Fuckers
First ladies come and go. In the last several years they have ALL taken advantage of their position to at least partly be above it all. They "borrow" expensive clothes, adopt "strange" attitudes, are seen in the "best" places and travel in the "best" style. They all would like to emulate Jackie Kennedy who had her husband remark about her, "I am the person who accompanied Jackie to Paris". Best regards, RA1
-
The "Schmuck" Stops Here....
The context is tasteless but the floppy headed boy is not. Best regards, RA1
-
Next Week - After 25 Years In the Entertainment Industry - I'll Be Retiring.
Even then. Best regards, RA1
-
What Dreamers can look forward to.
https://youtu.be/Zh3Yz3PiXZw
-
Shut Up, DeNiro
Presidents have a lot less to do with the economy than they or their backers like to think. In addition, during my life time I seemingly have observed that succeeding Presidents reap the reward (if any economically) of the previous. Not going back too far, Clinton enjoyed the ground work done by Bush the first, Bush the second suffered from Clinton, Obama first suffered then enjoyed the work done by Bush II. I agree we have not much of an idea of the economic legacy of Trump. Global politics do count. Also public perception (vs. reality). Again, many factors can overwhelm or underwhelm what a President does. His main arena is public perception with limited other inputs. Best regards, RA1
-
Lack of patience for the obvious
I used to be that way. My friends said that I don't suffer fools lightly. But as I grew older I found that I tolerated more meaningless chatter as a matter of course. However, I do not go out of my way to expose myself to such. Hanger talk aka BS is a way of life for pilots and I suppose I have adopted the idea that if they listen to mine I will listen to theirs. OTOH I don't hang out with Wall street brokers or any others who are engaging in their industry BS. Patience is a virtue but being over virtuous might be a sin of pride. Best regards, RA1
-
Hillary is innocent
Apparently what we need is another world war or an approximate thereof which MIGHT tend to have both D's and R's agree to do something. Now all we are mainly doing is pointing fingers at each other. A waste of time. Best regards, RA1
-
What is your favorite Coffee Machine?
When I saw the title of this thread I assumed someone would start with fresh, young, hard beans and use grindr to fix them. Very nice for those with patience. But when I get up in the morning feeling like a 20 year old, I can never find one then. I gave up drinking coffee several years ago. Best regards, RA1
-
Have fun in Brazil but don't ignore facts
I have been many places around the world. Some of them known to be dangerous, all of them capable of being dangerous. I was at the Heathrow airport when suddenly there were "Tommies" carrying automatic weapons all over the place (an outbreak of the Troubles). I flew very near Iran during the hostage crisis, expecting to be escorted at any moment by USN aircraft. Likely they were there and not seen by me. My credo then and now is keep moving. It is more difficult to hit a moving target. I apply this equally to US cities as well. Best regards, RA1
-
Love at Home Base.
I suppose the world is progressing. 50 years ago these two would not have hugged. They very well could still be very good friends but most likely the "winner" would say to the other, "got you this time". Best regards, RA1