Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. So, you guys wanted no attempt to contain North Korea? Generally the choices seem to be war and negotiation. Which do you prefer? Best regards, RA1
  2. RA1 replied to MsAnn's topic in Politics
    Likely the Nazi's will not attack London while this barrage balloon is afloat. Best regards, RA1
  3. RA1 posted a topic in Politics
    OK, I know the elephant is the animal symbol of the Republican party. But, did you know that elephants have prehensile penises? Apparently they can use them as a 5th leg for stability or for scratching places otherwise difficult to reach, swat flies or scratch. Let me see an ordinary Democrat do that or anyone else. This could raise the question of why do dogs lick their balls? Answer: Because they can. Best regards, RA1
  4. Pie are round, cornbread are square. Best regards, RA1
  5. Ain't edukation wunnerful? Best regards, RA1
  6. And, here I was hoping this was going to be about Morey Amsterdam. Best regards, RA1
  7. RA1 replied to MsAnn's topic in Politics
    I am no fan of McConnell. If you mean delaying Obama's nominee until Trump was elected and then suggesting Trump's new nominee will be voted on before the Fall election, I view that as "normal" politics today (unfortunately). Best regards, RA1
  8. RA1 replied to MsAnn's topic in Politics
    Both sides feel exactly as the various posters herein. Amazing. Best regards, RA1
  9. RA1 replied to RA1's topic in Politics
    It is all amazing to me. I agree that PC and intelligence are not the same but they can be intertwined. No? Best regards, RA1
  10. I will never sleep better so long as pols and dictators rule the world. Best regards, RA1
  11. RA1 replied to RA1's topic in Politics
    I agree that Obama thought before he spoke but I generally thought he was trying to make sure what he said was PC. That is something that most pols try very hard to do. Trump is basically not trying to be PC or so it seems. That is part of his appeal to his supporters. Best regards, RA1
  12. RA1 replied to RA1's topic in Politics
    But other Presidents do think their lying and bigotry is obvious? Best regards, RA1
  13. RA1 replied to RA1's topic in Politics
    One of the biggest differences between Trump and other Presidents is that he speaks what he thinks. Best regards, RA1
  14. RA1 posted a topic in Politics
    According to MS. Waters it would be OK to exclude Blacks, Hispanics, Gays and others from a business establishment because of their political views. Even though the law of the land is very different by simple extrapolation this would be OK according to her definition of protest. So far it is the right of business owners to exclude anyone other then those delineated by federal statute. However, they must then suffer or enjoy the consequences. Will restaurants now offer patrons the option of Left or Right seating? Or will there be a sign in front that says either Right or Left need not apply? We have had political dissent in this country from before day one and that is all good but I do not recall seeing or reading about this level of polarization before. This cannot be a way forward for this country. Best regards, RA1
  15. While I rely upon the Supremes for an ultimate solution (maybe sooner, maybe later) the solution that I rely upon for immediate relief is Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson. Bring a big hunting knife to a gun fight at your own risk. Best regards, RA1
  16. First ladies come and go. In the last several years they have ALL taken advantage of their position to at least partly be above it all. They "borrow" expensive clothes, adopt "strange" attitudes, are seen in the "best" places and travel in the "best" style. They all would like to emulate Jackie Kennedy who had her husband remark about her, "I am the person who accompanied Jackie to Paris". Best regards, RA1
  17. The context is tasteless but the floppy headed boy is not. Best regards, RA1
  18. Even then. Best regards, RA1
  19. https://youtu.be/Zh3Yz3PiXZw
  20. RA1 replied to Lucky's topic in Politics
    Presidents have a lot less to do with the economy than they or their backers like to think. In addition, during my life time I seemingly have observed that succeeding Presidents reap the reward (if any economically) of the previous. Not going back too far, Clinton enjoyed the ground work done by Bush the first, Bush the second suffered from Clinton, Obama first suffered then enjoyed the work done by Bush II. I agree we have not much of an idea of the economic legacy of Trump. Global politics do count. Also public perception (vs. reality). Again, many factors can overwhelm or underwhelm what a President does. His main arena is public perception with limited other inputs. Best regards, RA1
  21. I used to be that way. My friends said that I don't suffer fools lightly. But as I grew older I found that I tolerated more meaningless chatter as a matter of course. However, I do not go out of my way to expose myself to such. Hanger talk aka BS is a way of life for pilots and I suppose I have adopted the idea that if they listen to mine I will listen to theirs. OTOH I don't hang out with Wall street brokers or any others who are engaging in their industry BS. Patience is a virtue but being over virtuous might be a sin of pride. Best regards, RA1
  22. RA1 replied to TotallyOz's topic in Politics
    Apparently what we need is another world war or an approximate thereof which MIGHT tend to have both D's and R's agree to do something. Now all we are mainly doing is pointing fingers at each other. A waste of time. Best regards, RA1
  23. When I saw the title of this thread I assumed someone would start with fresh, young, hard beans and use grindr to fix them. Very nice for those with patience. But when I get up in the morning feeling like a 20 year old, I can never find one then. I gave up drinking coffee several years ago. Best regards, RA1
  24. I have been many places around the world. Some of them known to be dangerous, all of them capable of being dangerous. I was at the Heathrow airport when suddenly there were "Tommies" carrying automatic weapons all over the place (an outbreak of the Troubles). I flew very near Iran during the hostage crisis, expecting to be escorted at any moment by USN aircraft. Likely they were there and not seen by me. My credo then and now is keep moving. It is more difficult to hit a moving target. I apply this equally to US cities as well. Best regards, RA1
  25. I suppose the world is progressing. 50 years ago these two would not have hugged. They very well could still be very good friends but most likely the "winner" would say to the other, "got you this time". Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.