Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

firecat691614502759

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by firecat691614502759

  1. A wonderful explanation of high prices and lucky for the Brazilians to be having this booming economy. Does not change the fact that Hotel prices are out of line and quality with the rest of the world. Many things go into determining the cost of a vacation and lodging is one of the biggest. This will certainly effect the tourists and I am sure already has. I understand the Hotel doesn't care whether they have businessmen or tourists , just that the rooms are full. Interesting point you make about boys being able to find good jobs if they want to work.. Therefore quality of the boys in the Saunas will also probably decline. The cycle will change and Brazil will have rampant inflation and the economy will suffer as the currency continues its slide. Unfortunately for the tourist the only improvement with the Real sliding is in the price of the boys (maybe) things such as Hotels and Fine restaurants will just keep raising their prices . Bottom line there are far better destinations currently to visit if you want value for your money. This is a cycle that every country goes through and for those of us who like to travel but want value for our money, we have to change our destinations.‹ ​
  2. Absolutely not. Thailand is still my #1 destination . The political turmoil has subsided and at any rate except for a few weeks in Bangkok had no effect. There is no place like it for Beautiful Twinks. Value for money when compared to some of the other favored destinations here is just incredible. The Hotels are fabulous and reasonable. The apartments make similar priced things in Brazil look like dumps. The beaches are spectacular, the food cheap and exotic. And soooo SAFE when compared to other destinations. The big negative is travel time. It is a haul to get there especially in economy . I have never known anyone who has made one visit to Thailand. Once you have been there , you keep finding ways to return. But as I have stated in other threads there are many wonderful places to visit in this world.. I discovered Colombia a few months ago and a 4 hour flight certainly is appealing when compared to a22 hour flight. So maybe it will only be 3 trips a year to Thailand instead of 4 or 5.
  3. I have no doubt your friend is correct. The men are different in every Asian country. Cambodians are quite different from the Vietnamese and from Laos but they are more or less alike in Buddhism being the religion. As OZ says KL is mostly Muslim so gays have been repressed for many years and only recently have some of the Dragonian laws changed. KL is a nice place to visit but it pales in comparison to BKK in every way that I can think of and especially in the availability of men for sex for pay and for free. If you were going to spend 30 days in SE Asia and sex was one of your main focuses. I would spend 2 days in KL, 3 in Cambodia, 4 in Vietnam, 2 in Laos and 19 days in Thailand.
  4. You can have your drinks on the beaches of Cartagena with fabulous sunsets and Colombia happens to be a very nice place to visit. Not everyone is a Sauna afficianodo so I could care less about those. I much prefer my King Size Bed in my Five Star Hotel or Luxury apartment at 1/2 the price or less.. I have been to Brazil many times and do not mean to discourage people from visiting there.. But like anything , the excitement wears thin after many visits. There are many other place to visit in the world with friendly boys and beautiful beaches. And the current economic facts are Colombia is much less expensive , the travel time much shorter and less expensive and the boys are friendly. You are a resident and think Rio is the most beautiful places in the world. I agree but it is only one of the most beautiful places in the world. There are many others.!!
  5. Or another choice would be to spread your wings and go to Colombia where the boys are Hot, fiver star hotels are $250, apartments are brand new and comparable to Rio apartments, the flights cost 1/2 as much and the travel time is 1/2 as far. I know there is a negative but I just can't think of it.
  6. Just imagine the prices in Brazil for the Olympics ? Apartments can always be a lot better choice then Hotels . However some people prefer the convenience that a Hotel offers in its services etc. For those people Hotel prices in Brazil have just become ridiculous. The few 5 star Hotels in Brazil really do not compare to many similar Hotels in other World Class cities and yet they are priced higher. The Atlantico was a dump when I stayed there and I'm sure it is still a dump. Just amazing that anyone would pay the Atlantico $300 and higher . I think they have it rated as a 3 star . A 3 star in Bangkok would be $65 and a hell of a lot nicer. In Colombia about the same price. I stayed at a 5 star Hilton in London last week on free certificates but the actual price if I had to pay was only about $219. Amazing to me that the price for the boys has not gone up a lot more then it has. Prague is cheaper then Brazil and the boys similar priced or maybe a little more but it isn't 40 minutes in a cabin and then on to the next customer. Boys in Colombia and all of SE Asia , even some cities in Europe ( Budapest, Berlin) are priced similar or less and all the other costs lower and quality much higher then Brazil.. I know there are many people here who love Brazil. I have been there 6 times and I love many things about the country. My type of boys seem harder to find although I have never been to PortoAllegre,so that does color my feelings. But as you get older unless you have won the Lottery , value for your money is of prime importance and that means for all your expenses. That is the reason Brazil does not get any of my money any longer and people need to remember there are many other cities in the world to explore and boys to meet If the boys ever catch on and raise their prices substantially , many other cities with boys will become even cheaper then they are now in comparison to Brazil. Bottom line there are a lot of other cities to visit and boys to meet.
  7. You should have seen Mezzaninu sauna today ! Unbelievable ! Don't you have a camera????
  8. I also wish you a Great Trip especially after your recent health scare. However my South American trips will be restricted to Colombia where the boys are far more to my taste, the Hotels and Apartments far superior and much less expensive and the travel time far less!!
  9. firecat691614502759 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    OZ There are so many boys in Thailand that want to know where the Party is??? You don't look bad for 39?? LOL
  10. In answer to OZ. I had intended to explore other options then GR but the FLU really restricted my activities. The boys in Bogota tell me there are bars where boys go to get picked up and make money . I understand also the Discos are good spots . There are also some escort sites which I will try to post if I can get them from my friend. I don't believe the saunas are much . There were no late nights for me this trip. I had all I could do to handle the boys pictured. Bogota is by far the largest city and therefore probably has the most varied opportunities. To Four Aces. I did not run into Flirt boys but hopefully KYTop could provide some info on that because I know he met a few boys from Flirt. You have to fly between cities because buses are not safe and the fares on Avianca are quite cheap and even allows toy to fly a boy in from a city you might not visit. The boy Four Aces could fall in love with was a fly in to Cartagena and it worked out just fine. I have found the boys in Colombia to be very honest and non professional in a good way!!
  11. Glad you like the first guy because he was just amazing. In his 5th term at University in communications . English was pretty good but in all other departments , he ranked in the top 3 of anyone I have been with. He was a very new post on GR and had never accepted money before and I believe him The apartment is on www.vrbo.com. The owner is in Virginia. He is very strict on never more then 4 single people in the apartment. Security is very tight and a maid is provided so not a place for big parties . There are some other fabulous apartments listed in the Old City that might appeal to you. Feel free to PM me for any specific info
  12. [ He just turned 18 a month ago. Completely versatile with a Big Cock and passionate. Lives in a small town Bucamarranga.
  13. I was going to wait for Lucky and Tom to finish their trip but decided that the audience is excited now so why not give them something else to think about. This is my 2nd trip to Colombia and I spent most of the time in Cartagena with 2 days in Bogota which I had visited before. Now I freely admit my taste runs to Twinks up to Athletic or Gymnast type Bodies. I have been to Brazil a number of times and always enjoyed myself but found my type of Boy severely lacking. Saunas are also not my thing. I like a King Size bed in my room with no time constraints. So I had heard good things about Colombia and decided to visit 2 months ago. My report here was very positive and meant I had to try it again. Unfortunately I had a case of the Flu for part of this trip and so the boys I met were limited in numbers. All the boys that I have attached photos of are either boys I met on Gayromeo or were friends of boys who I met on Gayromeo.. Every boy I met looked exactly like the photos on Gayromeo or better. They all did what they promised and were very generous with their time. No 40 minutes and on to the new customer in Colombia.. I am not knocking it, just pointing out the differences. Cartagena has a beautiful old walled city with many fabulous restaurants and bars and the prices are quite reasonable. And of course the city is surrounded by beaches. I have attached some photos of the spectacular Ocean Front apartment I rented. I believe anything similar in Brazil would be 3x the price if you could even find it. The other attraction for me is the flight time is about 1/2 as long from most of the USA and the price considerably less. I am used to long flights since I go to Thaiand 4x a year but I want something closer for short trips. I never saw a cloud in Cartagena and the temp was 88 every day and 72 at night. Bogota is at a much higher altitude and it was in the 60's there. The photos of the boys are all boys I met this trip except for one from trip #1. There were many more boys available if I had the strength or Tomcal's secret. The boys all told me there are also many muscular boys to be had but since that is not my interest , I did not explore that avenue. The city photos are all Cartagena and the apartment is the one I rented in Cartagena. In Bogota I got a weekend rate of $99 a night for a brand new Hilton. Do I need to mention how that compares to that dump Atlantico at $350 . Anyways time for some of you to spread your wings and try Colombia. I am sure you will have a good time!!
  14. So for those of you my friend in Bogota sent me a couple of websites with boys for hire. Unfortunately Spanish only but interesting. http://www.machoscolombianos.com/modelos/intro.php http://www.bogotagay.com/es/load.php?uid=0&leng=es&grupo=187&ktema=0&id_padre=-1&url=contacompanantesvaroniles.htm I return in 2 weeks and will keep you advised.
  15. Especially when you can stay in 5 Star Hotels in Thailand for 1/3 of that and the same in Colombia for 1/2 that. Only expense account people can afford Hotels in Brazil. It's apartments or a different destination of which there are many.
  16. Lucky Look on Kayak. $598-$661 8-10 hours on United Continental or Spirit from LAX.
  17. Definitely no Visa for US citizens. From most US cities the flying time will be 1/2 the time to Rio. There are definitely some nice Hotels in the $100 range and some fabulous apartments (appear to be much nicer then anything in Brazil) If you go to VRBO.com and look in Cartagena, Bogota and Medellin, there are many beautiful apartments available short time. I will not rehash what I and Episevilla have posted about the boys . They are certainly available anywhere from free to a price that is still less then one boy will cost you in a Rio Sauna. This is not meant to be a knock on Brazil but just to make it plain that their are other choices that have not been discovered yet by many of us. I will be returning in March and plan on spending time in Bogota and Cartagena. I have already made many contacts on Gayromeo and my English Fluent Boy that I met last trip is also lining up some possibilities. He would make a fabulous Tour Guide for anyone who is making their first trip and wants to have a Bi Lingual guide who also happens to be great in the sack.
  18. So true what you say Lucky. If only #444 had been as good in private as he was on stage and in your lap, then it might have made the Top 4. Unless you are Tomcal, one great find can make a whole trip . Tomcal need 8 or 9 I am afraid. LOL. The one thing you can always be sure of in Thailand is that you will have many choices, you will be able to have them in your 5 star Hotels which cost less then 1/3 of Brazil and you will never even have to consider your saftey. Those things are probably why you and so many others have made the long trek to the Land of Smiles.
  19. Here is a post from that other Board. I couldn't figure out how to do a link to just that post so I copied it. If that"s a no no, I am sure Tampa can fix it. Another satisfied Colombia Visitor!! Post by Bluboy Let a man never come between the seekers and the hookers! I truly aplogize for my tardiness but as it happened i extended my stay into Ecuador. The problem is that i am travelling with the ipad and not the laptop and i cannot type for long on the ipad. I am still not so skilled. Takes aeons. But since i am causing consternation here are the highlights as can be written by ipad. Thr trip was 2 weeks in cartagena, medellin, cali and bogota. For history and ambling aroind town.. Cartagena wins hands down. For food Medellin especially a restaurant called Carmen and El Cielo. for men medellin and bogota. The best sites to use for me were gayromeo, manhunt and grindr or good old fashion gay bars. No one is a hooker and if you act or try to approach them as that there is loads of sensitivities and offense taken. So entire thing is more subtle. You are in fact lookingbfor a guide or yoi are looking to take a few guys oit just to learn more about gay life in Colombia. The hook is a nice restuaurant or a guide fee of $10 an hour or open bar on you for a couple hours. By the way the cost of these things is way way below anything in the usa. My open bar tab in medellin which hosted 8 guys pit me back $100 with tip and allowed me to bond and interview 8 different guys. 2 of whom i eventually played with. On my profile i put things like in search of interpreter for a day or in searchnof guide etc. When i apporached i often said liked ur profile you look cool would love to buy you and a friend dinner or drinks. In bars it is much easier than USA necause in my entire 2 weks in colombia i was never turned down when i offered to buy someone a drink! NEVER! I do speak some spamish and i did do rosetta stone to brush up. Better if you do so you ahve a wider pool but if you dont you just have to seek out the guys who speak english. A multi hour session usually ended up costing about $50-$100 and often it was because i offered at the end. The only explcicit money for sex offers came from cubans and they usually asked $25 for a couple hours. Once you meet a couple guys in the scene then you are golden forthe time you are in any city as you then get introduced around. I even was able to meet a guy in bogota because of an intro from a guy in Cali. If you are into PNP there is obviously very high quality and very cheap goodies to be had and any of the guys can arraneg it for you once you are proceeding with the deed. If any of you are gping soon! Give me a pm heads up and i can give u the profiles of some of the guys who you can approach for guding. But i will also say u will not need my names as i came in here cold and was quickly able to establish good connections. Colombia has not yet been corrupted by "us" so the prices are very good and the boys are not yet cynical. The entire experience is gentle dating of older rich men to younger boys. More akin to the boyfriend expeirence than an escort cleint quickie. I did have a wild party night in medelin with 8 guys. 3 of whom i had met and the others were simply friends of the guys. My contribution to the party was the drinks and snacks and favors and i gave the 3 guys i knew $100 each. The rest just came to have a good time. The rest ofthe time i usually hung with ome or 2 guys for a few days. Bought meals, bought movies etc etc and just chilled and the bill was ludicrously low. Ok thats all i can write on the ipad. Any questions or comments let me know. And if anyone is heading there soon i can certainly give a heads up as to who to meet.. Bluboy
  20. I got an email from him a few hours ago. So at least the Russians are letting hum use his ipad..
  21. LOL Even if you gave credit to my friend Lucky , I will add something to what he said. Tops are much easier to find in Bangkok then Pattaya. But there are still Tops in Pattaya and don't worry about all those stories about Asians being small. You will find some Big Cocks easily. Since it will be your first trip you should stay in an area close to the action. Otherwise you will get lost and waste a lot of time. This is easy to do in either Bangkok or Pattaya and always remember to reserve a Double with 2 people. Almost no chance a visitor can be turned down under this circumstance!!!
  22. First your term Club can be all encompassing depending on the type. 1. Go Go Clubs are what most of us consider stripper clubs. Boys are on display on stage in briefs and shuffle in some , dance in others . They rotate around a stage so that all the customers can see all the boys. Each Boy has a number attached to his briefs. Theses bars have a wait staffmade up of waiters and those referred to as Mamasans. It varies from club to club how useful they may be in answering your questions as what a boy is willing to do. The best way to proceed is when someone catches your eye you ask the boy to sit with you. You buy him a drink from which he gets a commission. English skills will vary but most of the boys will understand the various sexual acts you might ask about. If the boy is a match then you will off him which means you pay the Bar for the privelage of taking him home. This fee will vary from city to city and Bar to Bar. Just about everyone in the Bar can be offed. Mamasans, waiters, bartenders, dancers. The fee changes accorrding to how valuable the employee is. So you will have to pay more for a bartender then a dancer because there are many dancers and few Bartenders. The off fee will be between $10-$20. If you are inexperienced it is best to agree with the boy prior to offing him what his fee will be. Again depending on the city, the Bar and what you want this can vary from $33-$65.. This is for short time of an hour or two. Overnights need to be agreed toin advance and many boys do not like them because they would rather return to the Bar for another customer or go out with friends. Some however may be Happy to stayl all night in an air conditioned room with Hot water etc for a small additional fee. 2. Beer Bars. These bars are what we would refer to as neighborhood bars where the staff can also be offed. These boys have their clothes on so a different experience. The fees are basically the same although some bars have Freelancers where you will not pay the Bar an off fee. 3. Massage Houses. Here you will have a selection of boys to select from usually in work out gear or shorts in the gym. They will line up for you and a Host will usually be able to answer your questions about their likes and dislikes. The massage fee is based on type and time and will be clearly stated. Most will tell you the minimum Tip the boy expects and this climbs according to the services performed. You may get a Boy who is very talented in the massage and mediocre in SEX or vise versa and sometimes you get both. Some place the Boy will Shower with you and in some not. The thing about Thailand is the Thais really don't seem to care about age or weight in most cases. You need to keep in mind that sometimes you will get a boy who is very new to the game and you may be get others who have been doing it for years. As in most countries respect is what the boys want. Take your time and get to know them before jumping into bed. Ask about their families even if conversing is difficult. That caring will come back to you in bed. One other thing never forget these boys are doing this to pay their rent, eat and in many cases send money home to their families. Do not waste their time. If you have a boy sit with you and you decide not to take him , he still deserves a Tip depending on the amount of time he spent with you. While he is with you he is off the market so be aware of this. Also don't think the boy appreciates being taken to Western restaurants , movies etc in lieu of a proper tip. Sure he may enjoy these things but money is what he needs. If you choose to be generous in other ways that is your decison and does not change the amount of Tip you should give. The $ figures I referred to are approximately the amounts in Dollars. You will in all cases be using the local currency of Thai Baht.
  23. We are targets anywhere we go Those scum are everywhere. Can't live your life worrying about it. Be cautious and do the things you always do!!
  24. Of course in a foreign country you should be aware at all times that you are not familiar with the areas . In Rio after dark there are areas one block off the beach where you are in danger. You are in danger wearing fancy watches etc. This is true even in NYC. In the upscale areas of Medellin there are so many cameras that it looks like London. There is almost no danger there. 99% of the murders in the city take part in one section. Stay out of that section and you will be fine. There is no reason not to visit Colombia because of violence. Unless you forget you are in a foreign country and you must know where you are at all times. Be aware just as you are in any big USA City. I left my bracelets, watches and rings at home when I visited Colombia. I do the same when I visit Brazil. Thankfully in Thailand I never feel the need to do that which is why Thailand will always be my #1 Destination but Colombia is likely to become #2.
  25. Lucky. Make sure you go to Happy Place Bar in Pattaya. I think you will love #444. Also you will love the Break Dance Boys in the show at 1030pm. Sorry I'm not there but family takes priority this time. Way things look right now I might be back before you leave. I f I can take another 21 hours in the air.???

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.