Everything posted by JKane
-
"Bel Ami" coming soon to a theatre near you
What the hell are all the chicks doing in it? Ah, there must be another association I'm unaware of--damn American education! Now a movie about the creation and rise of the Bel Ami we all know and love...
-
"Game Change" on HBO March 10
That trailer does look good though! Plus HBO=automatic watch!
-
"Game Change" on HBO March 10
But, but, I was immensely enjoining NOT hearing anything from or about her!!! Damn it!
-
American Airlines wants to cut 13,000 jobs
They also are cutting the BUR to DFW flight! I remain doubtful that they can cut their way to prosperity. Doing their job better, less antagonizing the customers, and taking advantage of all the benefits all the other airlines have gotten out of bankruptcy should be more than enough! I'm worried all the cost cutting and maintenance outsourcing is going to lead to something bad--soon. On the other hand many of the antique planes are being retired, which is good. If I never have to fly on another DC9/MD80 again it'll be too soon!
-
Smartphone use on the toilet ?
I only use it very rarely. Usually read magazines, but sitting too long is bad for you! (Many believe excessive sitting on toilet causes hemorrhoids.)
-
Romney predicted in decided win in Florida
Now if we could just get Fox to stop reminding it's viewers to breathe, we'd be ALL SET!
-
Really starting to enjoy the Republican Primaries!
We can only hope! Nobody ever lost anything betting on the selfish hypocrisy of Gingrich, that's for sure!
-
Superbowl Commercials 2012
Audi was kinda cute. But he checks his fangs in the rearview? Yep, CR-V, that's the one. Death of all our childhoods that Ferris is driving a soccer-mom grocery getter! Still, pretty amusing.
-
Simon Cowell creates bloodbath at X Factor
Couldn't Simon just withhold her Oxy/Vicodin for the 12 hours before taping? Bet that'd harsh her up!
-
'White Frog' Trailer
I couldn't stand SVU but really liked BD Wong, also from the episodes of Oz I'd watched.
-
Firefox 10
Guess I'll give it a try too. I like the idea of Chrome but if my browser's Google too I might as well just put on a leash and and it to them.
-
Romney predicted in decided win in Florida
Here's hoping he stretches it out further, and here's to another dozen Republican debates!
-
Superbowl Commercials 2012
I'm already really tired of them! Some years the ads were all I watched, but this preview/pre-leak bs, plus the Ferris Bueller thing just being a fucking Hyundai (or whatever) ad... feh!
-
Congrats Expat: The latest member of our over 1,000 club
Oooh, ooh, according to the daily tracker thing as of this post I'm at 1 more than Expat! (What is it, 24-hour rolling count?) I'll be caught up in no time!
-
Elton Bitchslaps Madonna
That is pretty snarky, I'd though it was just his kept man throwing shit, hadn't heard Elton going at her himself. I like it!
-
Oil change and lube
He is cute! Most of my groupon-type emails are for makeup and other bs I couldn't care less about!
-
Kermit & Ms Piggy Go After Fox News
It's a cute press conference, don't know where the mics are pointed... I finally saw the movie, after all the really clever trailers I was hoping for more somehow... I'd say it was amusing, but not hilarious or terribly special.
-
NYC To Get AIDS Memorial Park
Was just coming here to post about that. What's the point of having a competition and announcing a winner if you're going to make the politically driven decision you always planned anyway?
-
Really starting to enjoy the Republican Primaries!
Damn it, if Newton get spanked in FLA the circus may end! Can't believe I'm writing this, but anybody in Florida: Vote Gingrich! Damn, bet it's not an open primary...
-
Downton Abbey
I wouldn't be surprised if BBCA already buys ITV shows, I've seen a fair number of non-BBC shows, plus a couple that are WTF, why is that here (Star Trek Next Gen!). So even with a bunch of channels and back library (and a LOT of repeats) BBCA doesn't think think it can fill a channel with just BBC--so it's easy to see why ITV would hesitate.
-
Downton Abbey
Wow, haven't noticed ITV's name on anything since I think Skins (or was that Ch.4?). British and on PBS people think BBC, but not even all the stuff on BBC America is BBC.
-
SAG 2012 Best & Worst Dressed
Ach, Jolie has a bit of that Skeletor vibe in these photos. Think she needs some of that African famine aid at this point!
-
Magic City
Hard to get used to all these formerly piss-ant networks having (good?) original programing. Speaking of (good?) has the new season of Spartacus started on Starz yet?
-
Congrats Expat: The latest member of our over 1,000 club
Above 1000, that is... looks like you're actually above 2k!
-
Congrats Expat: The latest member of our over 1,000 club
Congrats! Hopefully I'll be joining you sooner rather than later!