Everything posted by JKane
-
Foundation - Isaac Asimov's Apple TV Show
Yeah, a lot of online stuff is shitting all over it, and there are changes from the book, but so far it's visually fucking stunning and I can't imagine not wanting to see more. His acting in the second episode is amazing, too bad the girl is a blank oblivious slate in response.
-
New "Dune" Trailer
If it helps I'm pissed I can't see it again for almost a month! 😁
-
Streaming suggestions thread...
The best thing to come out of the Start Trek universe in over 10 years. Some actual Star Trek in there plus some great humor and so many easter eggs.
-
Streaming suggestions thread...
Read and liked the books but don't remember specifics. Amazing VFX, probably the best "television" VFX of the year... Some cool story ideas, I enjoyed, some don't. I'll watch more. I refuse to pay for AppleStreaming though so I torrent it.
-
New "Dune" Trailer
Holy shit Dune is amazing! It is truly an adaptation, as such may be more faithful than other attempts that stayed word-for-word. Maybe starts off a bit slow but steadily builds. THE VOICE, the visuals, and the visual effects are fucking amazing. The soundtrack is forceful... maybe a bit to much so, maybe it'll grow on me but don't immediately need to have like I needed Toto's. Worth seeing in IMAX the first time if it's an option for you. I'm not sure whether my second viewing will be IMAX too or just a great Dolby Laser theater. Have to wait to Oct 22nd for actual release (saw it at an industry screening). I believe October 22nd is also when it hits HBOMax and I'll watch it again there eventually but would strongly suggest a first viewing in a great theater.
-
Nicki Minaj is a CUNT...
People are just now realizing how fucking stupid she is? I gotta admit though, her first video was amazing: But yeah, maybe don't drink Bailys out of a shoe nor avoid vaccination because her cousin's friend has an STD.
-
The GOP Are Iditots
- Covid dark humor
- Covid dark humor
- The GOP Are Iditots
- The GOP Are Iditots
- Covid dark humor
- Covid dark humor
- Reinstatement day!
- Covid dark humor
- New "Dune" Trailer
Also for fans of Dune who may want to re-read it before the premiere, it is one of the only books I've re-read repeatedly and each time I got something more out of it. I especially enjoyed the latest time where I was part of an online book club, these videos are the discussions and they are very in-depth:- New "Dune" Trailer
Hmm, very interesting but I wonder which version this is. I guess it implies it's the theatrical cut, because it keeps calling it David Lynch's. I personally prefer the "Alan Smithee" (/Dino De Laurentiis) cut. Lynch's is chopped up to be confusing on purpose... aka Lynchian. De Laurentiis put a lot of great stuff back in and several years ago a new version of this cut came out where the effects (mostly blue eyes in added footage) were completed and also had some of that special material, I believe. If you truly love 1984 Dune 4 hours of it is better than 2, right? Yes, it has the clunky opening narration, but they didn't have to hand out instructional lobby cards with it...- Covid dark humor
- Really liked Shang-Chi!
Had heard uneven things, went in expecting it to be Captain Marvel weak-sauce. It was far better than that, quite a bit of fun. Good to see in theaters, especially the opening if you've spent time in San Francisco.- The GOP Are Iditots
- Covid dark humor
Oh shit, this is my excuse too!- Covid dark humor
- Covid dark humor
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
- Covid dark humor