Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JKane

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JKane

  1. TY, your moderation (in moderation!) is such a refreshing change from the site many of us fled from, glad you will still participate and sorry to see you give up the reigns of power!
  2. JKane replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Sounds and looks a lot like RealDoll which has been around for a while now.
  3. Neither is "man"... ;oP
  4. April first cocktail menu, I really want to go to that place! Guess it's in Rhode Island.
  5. JKane replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Yeah, I'm beginning to be a bit conflicted about the whole episode. $1000 donation, as opposed to the active participation and advocacy of a person like Orson Scott Card, and he's hounded out of a position he worked long to obtain. And he had real tech credentials, apparently creating javascript... It's like we're moving into Christian RIGHT territory: have tolerance for me OR ELSE, and by tolerance we mean let us do whatever we want!
  6. I generally agree with you and Expat (especially Expat since I'm also rather tall) but was just thinking, the experience we remember from the good old days of flying is still available--in first/business class. And things have gotten so cheap that adjusted for inflation those tickets can't cost more than coach tickets did back before the 'Greyhound in the sky' crap started, right? It's just we're all too cheap... We get what we pay for then we all bitch about it!
  7. I think it has a space at the end of that url, here's the working link. You gonna earn some frequent flyer points Townie? I was just thinking about offerings like this (I've seen another, somewhere) the other day... stuff sucks in flight. Food, people also have worse impressions of movies... the noise and vibration and lack of pressure all contribute. So would sex also be worse?
  8. JKane replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I also use Gmail and an Android phone, so Chrome integrates right into that, looking forward to the Google Now cards popping up in Chrome feature. As it is if I Google a place on my desktop info about it pops up automagically in Google Now on my phone. Can be very useful (though can also be kinda creepy, sure...). You have 2.5 choices for custodian of your digital life: Apple (I've probably made my feelings on them clear in the past) or Google (or Microsoft--if you're a masochist). Of those three choices I'd actually lean towards MS if they weren't so poorly executed all the time, so that leaves Google. Once you choose one everything gets better and better if you just go all the way. And yes, having one corporation have so incredibly much info about me is a bit unnerving, but on the other hand I think they're the only one I've heard actively pushing back against gov't surveillance and the corporate motto of "Don't be evil", even if they don't always live up to it, is actually kinda inspiring...
  9. JKane replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    For me, both. The quality and new features keep drawing me towards Chrome, at the same time the Mozilla flap pushes me away.
  10. JKane replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Everything keeps drawing me towards CHROME. Lots of cool add-ons like Chrome Remote Desktop (just as LogMeIn became fuckers) and soon Google Now cards. The seamless syncing between computers/etc is great too.
  11. JKane replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Happy b-day!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.