Everything posted by JKane
-
Harvey Milk streets...
HOW does SanFran not already have one? And how is conservative San Diego about to be the first???
-
Interesting survey over at the other site...
Survey is in its last day or two. So if you had any interest, speak now!
-
Who Cares What Kirk Cameron Thinks About Gays?
This video kinda says it all! http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/b6ddedd57e/ccokc-child-celebrities-opposing-kirk-cameron
-
Time
Congrats and good luck going back to school! Don't be too scared of the math, it was never my strong suit either but take advantage of any 'math lab' type thing (I said mAth!) to DO all the homework in, where you can ask questions as they come up. Got me through it! I also chose to take my math during the short Summer semesters so while the intensity of suffering may've been greater the duration was much less! I've often thought about going back for some post-grad, but have no idea where to start on stuff like LSAT.
-
5 Things Mitt Will Do Wrong
Yes, and one of the biggest indicators of the end of a civilazation is large growth in the divide between the poor and the wealthy. The American Dream is now a fairytale, born into poverty you'll die in poverty. But a Billionaire born into wealth and power is going to fix that by taxing the rich *even less than the current record lows* while removing programs that help people in poverty like Planned Parenthood. Rich get richer as Rome burns. They always figure they'll have enough money to get by. Anybody in their family needs late-term abortion they'll fly to where it's possible, etc. That's why social unrest disturbs them so, and President Romney is the kind of man to give us the final "let them eat cake" that brings out the guillotines and starts a new dark ages--if not global extinction.
-
5 Things Mitt Will Do Wrong
Killing Osama Bin Laden, concluding the wars, saving Detroit, and fighting a Sisyphean battle to eventually make it so one day I'll be able to buy healthcare... the horrors. Plus a lot of progress for us gays. The only things I fault him on, like giving too much to the banks for too little in return, Romney would be *much* worse about!
-
Cartoon of the day (4-12-12)
And one of my favorites:
-
Cartoon of the day (4-12-12)
- I Have Thirty Three Million In My Checking Account!!!
I heard of a similar situation in the past where the customer contacted the bank, asked them to verify that the balance in his account was indeed correct (I believe he even told them he thought it was in error), they said "no, that is the correct balance" so he transferred it out. When they later found out and went after them he was able to show that communication and KEEP THE MONEY. Wish I could remember more details for you! Couple relevant looking Google searches: Bank error in your favor The day I found £250,000 in my bank account --obviously different laws apply I don't know, given how things have been going for you lately, I'd be very tempted to transfer it somewhere like the Caymen Islands or Brazil, once you're sure it's cleared move to a place with no extradition and divide it up between a couple banks and take out a lot in cash... Just be sure to take care of your friends! Or you could use it to convince a casino (or 5) you were a whale and see how much they'd give you free before they realized you weren't putting any out!- Hey Axl No One Cares About You Anymore
Yeah, there's something about a singer with a lot of whine to their voice that usually turns me off. Like the Green Day guy too. And they both have huge fucking egos to boot!- For you Proper English lovers. . .
This is a great site and the grammar reference is really damn useful. And the Pterodactyl song is stuck in my head now!- Barbie and Ken behind closed doors
That does sound fascinating. And there are still 'brick and mortar' stores dedicated to it? Any in the LA area?- Hey Axl No One Cares About You Anymore
Yep, I *just* heard something about who he was dating and wondered aloud, "who gives a fuck?".- U.S. Files Antitrust Lawsuit Against Apple
We need a hell of a lot more anti-trust filings, and I'm no fan of Apple... but I think I'd start with media consolidation and big oil companies owning the drilling, refining *and* retail...- 5 Things Mitt Will Do Wrong
It's good to remember these things before he shakes the etch-a-sketch and pretends he's middle of the road!- How to quit drinking!
It works, too! So far I'm done with Bourbon!- Sign says it all
Just tell the people whatever they want to hear, and *never* ask them to think!- Santorum drops out of Presidential race
But I'm sure he'll keep flapping his gums (or is it asscheeks?), hopefully with less success that Palin...- 5 Things Mitt Will Do Wrong
I worry about how much further damage that asshole will inflict on the entire country saying *anything* to get elected... Everytime somebody on the right opens their mouth it feels like we move closer to the death spiral of the American Empire...- "The Client List" with Jennifer Love Hewitt
Not only the clients, I've never seen therapists look like Jennifer Love Hugetits either! I did try out a couple local rub and tugs when I didn't feel like going down to Hollywood, middle-aged looking asian ladies (which stereotypically means even older...) and I get the feeling their lives are pretty bad. Not a seedy area at all and I got the feeling a couple lived on couches in these crappy places, surviving on Ramen... eck all around! Could be worse though, they could also have to watch Lifetime!- For all those Hill-dog lovers, new meme...
Love the continuing Hillary meme!- Barbie and Ken behind closed doors
I love the level of detail in that photo! Mind blowing to think of all the time somebody spent on all the tiny props!- Hilary On Bin Laden Killing
I never supported her for President (little did I know that even without her as antagonism the right would go full-retard against whomever replaced Bush) and the bar was set *very* low by her immediate predecessor--but she has done a hell of a job and I wholeheartedly hope she continues to do it!- Rich People Have Less Compassion
Yeah, just watching any right-wing conservative convinced me of this looong ago, it's been documented at least back to Bush I's "thousand points of light". That showing of compassionate conservatism drove Ariana Huffington to switch sides. It's hard to imagine ever being so rich that "I've got mine, fuck all of you, fuck the whole world in fact!" would make sense. But far more perverse is how much of the 99% go along with policies actively against their own interests because they are convinced "one day, when I have money too...".- Movie Preview for 2012 Summer Season
But MOST IMPORTANTLY, don't anybody forget about BATTLESHIP! Sadly I may well see that steaming pile in theaters because a friend worked on it... there's a movie to be sure to get good and drunk before! Which we had more theaters out here that served you booze in your seats! - I Have Thirty Three Million In My Checking Account!!!