Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MsGuy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MsGuy

  1. More vodka than blood?
  2. Hahahahahahahahaha!
  3. MsGuy replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    Off topic, but I wonder how long it will take for those pix of his privates Farve emailed to what's her name to make it to the internet? And then to Mer!
  4. It's hard for me to judge whether hate crimes are more common or simply more likely to be characterized as such and more widely reported. Back in the day, most folks ignored attacks on gays, laughed them off or regarded that sort of thing as justified direct action against creepy freaks. But, yes I agree, DADT, DOMA and the like are perceived by some as a cultural wink and nod for attacks on gays.
  5. Hee hee hee, Lucky you actually told a joke!
  6. I've been following this story myself, Lucky. Even thought about posting something here. I'm not big on praying but, yes, it's a remarkable tale. I wonder how many Made For TV movie producers have flown in to sign up the miners?
  7. Today the YouTube home page featured four of the "It Gets Better" videos as "Spotlight Videos", complete with an introductory blurb and a link to the whole channel. This is wonderful. For one day at least, every kid who does a search on YouTube will be introduced to these videos.
  8. MsGuy replied to Lucky's topic in Politics
    Your average American voter is showing no apparent interest in Mr. Boehner's peccadilloes or the likely consequences of making him Speaker of the House: "In reporting its latest generic poll results, also released Monday, like Rasmussen, Gallup showed the Republicans with a three-point lead, 46% to 43%, among all registered voters. "However, in Gallup's first estimates among likely voters, . . . Republicans have a double-digit advantage under two separate turnout scenarios." Republicans tend to do better among voters who are more civically involved. A corollary is that Democrats do best when turnout is highest--that is, when relatively apathetic voters can be roused to go to the polls. Under Gallup's "lower turnout" scenario, Republicans lead by a whopping 18 points, 56% to 38%. Even under the "higher turnout" scenario, which uses a more liberal definition of "likely voter," the GOP lead is 13 points, 53% to 40%. For comparison, according to numbers compiled by Tom Elia, the GOP's advantage in the aggregate vote in 1994 was 7.2 points, 52% to 44.8%. The Dems led by 10.4 points in 2008, 52.9% to 42.5%. ... Those are absolutely terrifying numbers for Democrats. Although it's not completely straightforward to translate the generic ballot into actual votes, were Democrats to lose the House popular vote by anything resembling that margin, their losses could be catastrophic. According to one formula that models turnover in the House based on the Gallup likely voter model specifically, a 13-point lead for the G.O.P. would translate into a gain of 71 (!) seats--and an 18-point, lead, a gain of 86 (!!) seats. The Republicans need 39 seats to take a House majority." Read full article here This article accurately reflects what's happening in my neck of the woods. My Dem incumbant, who is Republican in all but name & quite conservative (100% rating by NRA) is in the process of being swamped by a Bible thumping nit. There won't be much more than 5,000 White Dem votes in the whole district, IMO. All of which is my explanation to Lucky of why I haven't been posting much in the political forum. It's all just too damned depressing. I don't even have the energy to tack on any emoticons. ( )
  9. A real nail biter but the Giants managed to squeek out a 'W' so I'm guarenteed to see The Freak pitch at least one more time. In all honesty, I can't see either of these teams making it past the Phillies. So, Lucky, do you think those old men in NY have it in them to grind out one more set of rings?
  10. It's OK at first but then the nurses just close the door and ignore me.
  11. And TampaYankee thinks I show no restraint in my posts!
  12. Can puffed ruffled sleeves and sable stoles be far behind?
  13. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Guys, it occurs to me that ... (comment deleted to remove a recipe for potentially determining private information. Erring on the conservative side here. TY) I hate being a prissy old maid about this but still...
  14. I was told by one of the St. Petersburg models on F4F that the Russian owner of an internet casino just blew his brains out over the e-passporte fiasco. Seems he was owed over $250,000. The model has been following the mess closely because he is an independant (non-studio) and had several thousand dollars of his F4F payments tied up when e-passporte went down. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the model's account of all this but he seems a level headed type.
  15. Don't be so down on yourself, TY. You're getting the hang of it. Look on the bright side. At least this time you didn't erase somebody else's post!
  16. Ain't no way I can top that post so I'll just concede as gracefully as possible. ---- It just occurred to me that the Giants need to win one in Atlanta for me to see Lincecum pitch again this year, so I'll be rooting for Buster to pull a few hits out of that muscular ass you're so enamored of.
  17. Poor Twins can't seem to buy a game! It's got to be disheartening to be behind 5 runs, load the bases and then have one of your best batters pop out to end the inning.
  18. TY, are you having trouble with the posting controls again? [no fair if you erase the evidence! ] ---- Edit: Hahahaha, you swept it under the rug while I was typing!!!
  19. "Think Brownies all over the place." Perfect! TY, sometimes you come up with a real gem. May I quote you down at my truck stop coffee shop?
  20. OK, you've sold me on Dexter. I gonna have to give this show a try. Are there any details I need to be aware of stepping in in mid-stream?
  21. I love the massaging of obscure statistics that math minded baseball fans compusively indulge in. That this NYTimes analysis proves my boy Lincecum pitched a better game Thursday than Halladay's much more acclaimed Wednesday no hitter has absolutely nothing to do with my posting it here.
  22. Oz, my local Books-A-Million, the only bookstore within driving distance of my hometown, doesn't stock many translations of the writings of obsure Latin American authors, so I can't offer any personal opinion about Mr. Llosa, but here's the NYTimes take on your guy. It's more about the man than his work but maybe it will be of some help.
  23. Well, the Giants lost so maybe I'll get to see my "Boo" rescue the good guys again. One thing about pitchers, Lucky, you get to see a lot more of them all streched out throwing. Catchers just squat there like constipated old men!
  24. Well, on the bright side, Lucky, I saw where the Prez did veto that little mortgage bill you told us about in another thread. I wonder how much in "campaign donations" the banks paid to slid that one through Congress? Chalk up one small one for the good guys.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.