Everything posted by MsGuy
-
SYTYCD Australia auditions 5 guys
You have good taste, Tomcal. #119 is definitely the pick of the litter.
-
Just in case OZ is still avoiding the Politics forum
Sorry, AS, but unless Ms. Chambers is a particularly attractive pre-op, I'd have to take a pass on that.
-
Flashlight That Could Change The World
What a wonderful invention. I could use one of those myself. When the lights go off, my flashlight battery is inevitably dead and I'm not much good stumbling around in the dark trying to remember where I put the spares.
-
Just in case OZ is still avoiding the Politics forum
Been there, done that, didn't look at all like fun to me. I'll stick with the menus, thank you very much. Being able to set pictures side by side or to center them would be nice, but the thought of learning something new at my age makes me slightly nauseous. Besides even if I took the trouble to figure it out, I'd just forget again unless I used it every day. On the other hand, I did figure out how to use the bracketed quote/unquote code to create a quote box when I wanted to quickly pull a small passage out of a long post. (Also good for quoting from separate posts; I never did figure out how to use the 'multiple quote' option ). I'm guessing that's a limited use of HTML code, right? Yea for me! Random efforts conquer all!
-
ABC Warns Supreme Court...
Aereo's business plan is just plain goofy. Either the service turns out to be a flop, in which case nobody cares what they do, or it succeeds enough to support the company, in which case they will be stopped. The notion that it's politically possible for congress to allow the wholesale appropriation of the networks' copyrighted content represents a fundamental misapprehension of the way congress-critters operate. It's a lead pipe cinch that the broadcast lobby has lined up the votes to 'clarify' the Copyright Act in the event the Supreme Court rules adversely.
-
Just in case OZ is still avoiding the Politics forum
As usual, you're right. Several months ago I must have done something wrong ( probably copied a URL wrong), got frustrated and fell back on my 'try some else' method of solving computer problems (which in this case led me deeper into error) and finally randomly stumbled back to the correct way w/o realizing I was back where I started. And (BLUSH) got all excited and failed to re-read your most excellent post before rushing to post the news. Probably your post put the solution in my subconscious in the first place. Oh well. ==== WTF?? For example, in case anyone is still reading, I've been having trouble posting and centering images lately. It turns out that the user-friendly edit menu is generating a size tag rather than an image tag. So I can fix it with HTML code behind the light switch, but somewhere I think there's a glitch in the edit menu as the size tag is there where it shouldn't be and it didn't generate itself. So why did your last paragraph just change from very light type to regular type? Riddle me that; I swear I din't do nothing.
-
Just in case OZ is still avoiding the Politics forum
Light switch? I don't see no stinking light switch! ==== Son of a bitch. It worked! ==== OK, try following magic formula and see if it works for you: 1) Highlight and copy the web address to be linked. 2) Highlight the words that are to anchor the hot link. 3) Click on the link icon to get to link menu. 4) Paste address into URL box & click OK.. 5) Post the post & check if the link works. 6) Celebrate. Especially if the magic works twice in a row. Come on now, celebration Let's all celebrate and have a good time, yeah yeah Celebration We gonna celebrate and have a good time
-
'5 Messed-Up Things That Are In Your Food'
- Spring Training Underway
According to Obermann and confirmed by Wiki, Glenn Burke, Dodgers & Oakland, April 76 to June 79, was the first out MLB player. By 1978. everyone knew, including sports writers, as Burke was very open about his life to everybody. According to Obermann, Burke later said, "Everyone just pretended not to hear me [when I talked about being gay]." I guess they were a lot like my Moma. Somebody else has probably posted about this before but it's news to me. Given the state of my brain, I'll probably post this again next year. Every day is a new day.- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
- Is Male "Escorting" now just a tad too mainstream? An example in the Huffington Post Blog
That has got to be some sort of record, Pasadena. And considering the level of competition over there, you clearly deserve a Major Award:- Phoenix Pride - Things just got complicated!
Just my opinion but since you are going to be taking part in the Pride Day celebrations, I don't see a principled objection to your trip. It's not like it's a district sales convention or a random personal vacation. Cancelling your hotel reservations while notifying both the local manager and the chain sales office of your reasons and re-booking at The Clarendon or maybe a gay owned B&B would serve to make your point and keep your dollars in gay hands. ==== Lurker, it might help if you post it here if/when the governor goes ahead and signs the bill into law. I know she is under some pressure from Arizona business interests to veto it but I don't know which way she leans. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/big-business-arizona-gay-discrimination-bill-bad-economy-n37711- Is Male "Escorting" now just a tad too mainstream? An example in the Huffington Post Blog
Townsend, you know there hasn't been a good hair pulling brawl over at Daddy's for quite a while. * I don't suppose you would consider copying this post over to that site, would you, just for the giggles? * I've only been skimming a few posts over there for the last year or so, so if anyone knows a good 'un I missed , please give me a link to check it out.- '5 Messed-Up Things That Are In Your Food'
More likely the tobaccy will kill me off before the other stuff can do their work.- '5 Messed-Up Things That Are In Your Food'
And yet somehow I'm still alive...- Major Olympian hottie rescues puppies, Anderson Cooper falls in love
Yep, Anderson sure looks ready for some puppy love, Expat. Did he break up with his long term companion?- Spring Training Underway
First thing I thought of when I read about the TimeWarner takeover was "And there goes my maintenance money for the next ten years."- Spring Training Underway
My God damned Comcast cable up-chucked on itself again and shut down for the basketball game and then some. Missed the season finale of Downton Abby and this week of Walking Dead too. Now it's coming up for a bit, going blank, on and off. Piss on it; I hate Comcast. They're notorious for cheaping out on maintenance. ==== Cute baseball teams you guys are working on. Maybe we should start a fantasy league, but based on cuteness rather than stats.- Spring Training Underway
We just broke the barrier in basketball and are just weeks away in football. I would love to see an out baseball player. Hell, even as cheap as I am, I would still buy a team cap or something. (Dear Lord, please let him not be a catcher. Come on, God, you owe us that much). PS Jason Collins, the first openly gay basketball player will probably see his first court time tonight since coming out and signing with the Nets. Game at 9:00 pm Eastern on ESPN. Can't remember who the NETS are playing.- It says I'm already a Gold member of the site?
It's OZ's way of going the extra mile for forum members.- Death Penalty Support Declines
If I've got my history right, that's a fairly accurate description of the first penitentiaries. Small stone cell, cot, candle, thunder mug, solid door with peep hole. That's about it. No contact with other inmates. Little enough contact with the guards. And, well, there was a bible. The whole idea was to keep the inmate focused on his transgressions and give him all the opportunity in the world to repent his evil ways. 24/7/365. Sort of a mad perverted version of a Trappist monastery (presuming anything could be more mad and perverted than a Trappist monastary in the first place). Course that didn't work out so well. Probably as many of the penitents went crazy as found the light of Jesus (not mutually exclusive?) but it was all well intended so...- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
- Is it this way in the rest of the country?? Home Depot
"Most of these guys are 18 to about 24, figure most of them are college guys working part time as there is a Cal State campus close by. " Tomcal, I think you probably already have found the answer to your question.- Death Penalty Support Declines
Oddly enough, a sizable minority of convicted killers are one and done type criminals. A lot of quite ordinary folks get themselves into the wrong place at the wrong time and wind up killing somebody. Think bar fights that get out of hand and significant others with cheating hearts. Hell, sometimes you just give somebody a good smack and, oh shit, they go and die on you. What the Hell am I gonna do now? As I see it, humans are big, dangerous animals. Most of us are quite capable of killing other human critters; otherwise armies & wars just wouldn't be practical. Worse, we really aren't genetically programmed to live with large groups of strangers with no blood relationship to us. A huge chunk of human social effort boils down to building cultural constructs (remember how often you heard 'thou shall not kill' & 'ask before you take someone else's toys' back when you were a kid?) that trick our brains into reacting to strangers like they were blood relatives. Without a lot of social conditioning, most of us are more inclined genetically just to smack a stranger and take those shiny toys. Unless he looks to be bigger & meaner than us. Knowing bigger/meaner when we see it is part of the human genetic skill set. ==== PS Man-eating tigers usually wind up being shot. ==== PPS - Spring Training Underway
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.