Everything posted by Latbear4blk
-
New Apple IMac
For some, yes. My fondness is based on evidence.
-
Lil Nas Humping Satan
He is not only a creative talent, but also a smart bad ass. I love how he is trolling outraged Christians of all Colors in Twitter.
-
New Apple IMac
Yes it is. They also display the best designs in their products. They not only work better and live longer, they are also prettier. Starting by even the packaging. Unpacking a Mac product is part of the pleasure to buy it. Everything have been carefully integrated to make it more comfortable and more beautiful.
-
Lil Nas X - MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) (Official Video)
I looooove this boy. I just opened a thread in the other site and came in here to open also one, but of course you bit me. I have to research who is the creative mind behind this video.
-
New Apple IMac
I used to be anti Mac until I got my first one. It is true the products are more expensive than PC competitors, but I am not sure wether they are less affordable in the long term. When I was a PC guy, I would need to buy a new computer every other year, or make major upgrades in the hardware in order to run updated OS with an acceptable speed. I had to spend lots of money on virus protection, I had to pay for a good technical support because I had problems all the time, I had to suffer system updates too often. I bought a Macbook 6 years ago. It still works perfectly, I needed help only once and got it for free and efficiently in an apple store. The problem was not the laptop, but my ignorance of the OS after so many years waisted in PCs and Windows. The device just works perfectly and in perfect association with the other devices I went purchasing. I was so impressed with my Mac that I also switched to iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. I did buy a new computer, I just did it. I had not had a desktop in about 10 years, I was in need of treating myself with something nice, and bought the iMac 27'. I had a tech boner, this machine is amazing and was so easy to set up compared to my previous PC experiences! And Apple sold it to me with a teacher discount and 0% financing if I pay within one year. Definitely, if you go Mac you do not come back.
-
Rio de Janeiro (& Fortaleza): December to March
lol
-
Breaking: Rio Lock-down & Curfew
Imagine that last party at Pointe.
-
Breaking: Rio Lock-down & Curfew
-
Trolls and Community Endeavors
Did he just say "fuck"?
-
Trolls and Community Endeavors
I hope so. Being the most popular discussion forum on the subject, it is representative of the wide array of people that distinguishes human kind. Many of them are really valuable and cool people, and I miss them a lot. I have a story to tell about the other forum, but I am not kidnapping this thread. See you somewhere else.
-
Trolls and Community Endeavors
- Landmark Books of my Life
Would you share how these books were transformative for you?- Landmark Books of my Life
Would you share how these books were transformative for you?- Landmark Books of my Life
I love @TotallyOz' thread "Favorite Book as a Child". As a variation, I wanted to suggest a thread about landmarks books in our lives. By landmark books I do not mean books we like a lot, but books that transformed who we were. "Before and After" books. In my case, there are two major books that come to my mind. The first one is a book from the 60s that I read in the 80s: The Social Construction of Reality", by Beger and Luckmann. That book gave me the conceptual framework I needed to process my coming out. I actually read a translation in Spanish, an edition with yellow covers I will never forget. I would carry my book everywhere, reading and re-reading. The other book that transformed me is a short novel by Miguel de Unamuno, "San Manuel Bueno, Mártir". Reading it made me question my attitude towards religious people and heir need to believe in gods. I read it in my late 40, and recently started to read it once a year as it is in one of muy courses bibliography. Every year, it is the book that I most successfully sell to my students. I love it and they all end loving it.- RIP AdamSmith
He will be missed, one of my favorite posters. I know he was living with and taking care of his sick mother, I wonder what happened to her. And I am sorry Adam did not see Trump leaving the White House in disgrace. He would have enjoyed it.- Going to Brazil
I am so sad for Brazil.- VACCINATED
I got my second shot the other Monday (not last Monday, but a week before). After a first shot with zero side effects, this time I felt feverish and weak for almost 3 days. Some of my colleagues got it much worst, with chills and strong pain on their arm. But we are fully vaccinated! My school is starting to bring small groups of students to the building and I volunteered to join them. Starting in two weeks, I may be working out of my cave Tuesday to Friday. I think my kitty is going hate it.- Rio! 1st time & questions not answered in other threads
https://ilikepinga.com/2020/12/05/david/ https://ilikepinga.com/2020/12/23/yuri-gaspar/ He speaks English.- LET'S ALSO LAUGH AT THE DEMS
- Rio Throwback Pics... Dicks
- Cartagena ✈
Buenos Aires' sex offer is remarkably improved thanks to the Venezuelans. There is even a little hood in BA called "Little Caracas", in Palermo.- Cartagena ✈
The Venezuelan diaspora is a tragedy for Venezuela, and a blessing for the rest of South America.- Rio Throwback Pics... Dicks
Beautiful! I wonder whether or not these pics will survive the new policies. Anyways, my mouth is watering.- The GOP Are Iditots
These are from a Wapo article. My favorite:- Is There A Doctor In The House?
- Landmark Books of my Life
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.