Everything posted by fedssocr
-
Thailand reopening, some observations, ups and downs
they're not going to ban all of those old politicians and cops from those bars
-
Thailand reopening, some observations, ups and downs
This thread really took a turn. I guess TAT is trying to predict 1m tourists per month by the end of the year which seems quite ambitious. Apparently nightlife venues will be officially reopening sometime soon
-
Axel Barcelona - thoughts ?
I considered staying there for an upcoming trip. Reviews seem a bit mixed but I think that's the case with pretty much every hotel. The Nomadic Boys have this relatively recent posting about BCN hotels. https://nomadicboys.com/gay-hotels-in-barcelona/ I ended up choosing to stay at the Kimpton on points and the Indigo using some free award night certificates. But my trip isn't until autumn. Obviously there are about a billion hotels in Barcelona so it can be difficult to choose. Rooms seem to be almost uniformly on the small side. I see lots of general complaints about thin walls and noise issues.
-
285 spa
I follow the 285 Spa twitter account (@285_spa). Best I can tell it's in Bangkok but far away from the tourist areas. They have some handsome guys. Lots of tattoos if you're into that. And a cute pair of twins. I originally posted a photo but then realized that might not be allowed in this open forum.
-
How long-haul travel will change post-Covid
I wonder if that is due to restrictions in East Asia still being up while Europe is more open so there aren't as many flight options through Asia. Since European airlines can't overfly Russia they might be taking longer routes as well.
-
My funny apps story from last night
I was going to ask if you gave him a good spanking
-
Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories
if you like chaos with cute actors and ladyboys this might be for you
-
Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories
OAK and MON streaming together on YT to raise funds for their next film. Oak's retirement didn't last very long.
-
Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories
How charming is this guy!? His videos are great
-
How long-haul travel will change post-Covid
China Southern is operating their A380s to LAX (at least). I thought I saw that QANTAS is putting theirs in service too?
-
How long-haul travel will change post-Covid
the A380 or the A350? I did SIN-FRA-JFK on the 380 several years ago. That was definitely the long way around...but at least I was in a suite.
-
How long-haul travel will change post-Covid
Actually they were A340-500s. Used too much fuel and not enough seats. I think the Thai AF has at least one in their VIP fleet. I did the JFK trip once. But since I am not in NY I had to take a connecting flight anyway. So it makes a lot more sense for me to connect in Tokyo or Seoul from Washington to break the trip up better. Singapore is flying between NY and Singapore but I think they're using a plane with mostly premium class seats which isn't feasible to Thailand.
-
Reporting from Bratislava
didn't they all move to Prague?
-
Thailand ranked one of 10 safest travel destinations
That parade looks sort of like the Loy Krathong parade in Sukhothai which is also fascinating.
-
Thailand ranked one of 10 safest travel destinations
I spent 3 weeks on my first trip (many years ago now). And split that time between Bangkok, Pattaya and Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai. I agree that given how long it takes to get there and back that it makes sense to stay as long as your time and $$$ budgets will allow. Best time for weather is usually Nov to Feb but it can be a little unpredictable these days. My first visit was in September and there was a bit of tropical rain but not too bad. JL's business class ex JFK always looked nice but I used to fly CX instead back in the day. Now that Hong Kong has gone down the drain though that's not really much of an option at this point. Thailand's a big country. Plenty of things to see and do depending on what you like. If you're just going for the boys that's one thing. But there's also lots of history, beautiful scenery, nice people, way too spicy food. 🙂 I think for first time though getting a little taste of everything is worthwhile if you have the time. I've never really been to Phuket or any of the islands but I know some people really love them. I would suggest Bangkok, Pattaya and the North (Chiang Mai and surrounds). Check out Paddy Doyle's YouTube channel. He just finished visiting every province in Thailand on a moped.
-
Agoda -Experience of a Hotel Dispute
I was just looking at Agoda last night for hotels in NYC. And you had to check on the booking screen to see what was included in what you pay Agoda and what you would also have to pay at the hotel. Some places included taxes in the Agoda price but other separated them out to be paid at the hotel. It's needlessly confusing and inconsistent. And don't get me started on these ridiculous "destination fees" that so many hotels have started demanding on top of the room rate for things that should be included in the rate. It's all quite maddening. I get that the past couple of years have been tough, but they should be honest in their practices instead of all of these extra mandatory fees they dishonestly pile on.
-
Laos to drop Covid entry curbs for vaccinated tourists
I was just reading that the train for Luang Prabang to Vientiane cuts a huge amount of time off the trip compared to going by road. And it's something like $15.
-
Chiang Mai Boy Bars
I enjoy his channel.James live in Tak and as the video mentions he had to go to CM to get his passport renewed. I've seen a few other channels that are based in CM that also talk about how dead it is there. Songkran really looked quiet.
-
Value for money
There are a number of apartment hotels in Bangkok that will likely show up on the main booking sites. I always enjoyed that I got more space in a place like Siri Sathorn. Agoda and Booking.com have options for apartment/condo booking in their searches. Last time I was in Pattaya I stayed at a large corner condo in View Talay 6 that I booked on Agoda. There were several little agencies in that building renting out condos there. I had a corner unit overlooking the beach. The building is next to Central Festival mall. I expect the travel industry will be in a bit of upheaval for a while. I have noticed prices are really jumping now that people are starting to venture out again. Not Thailand, but I was just in NYC last weekend. The trip was booked long ago. The train cost me $49 each way and the hotel in Manhattan was $119/night. Looking at options to return and all of the prices have tripled in the meantime. I was looking at flights to visit family in Florida and they've doubled since my last trip.
-
Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories
I never got around to the last episode of Enchante. Once the secret was revealed it seemed a bit pointless. I am more or less enjoying Star In My Mind. It is quite lightweight. I think the lead is really adorable though. The story is a little bit confusing with the whole "will they or won't they" and about 10 ancillary characters who are trying to land the protagonist as their BF. But I guess they need some conflict to keep the story moving forward.
-
Silom bars
the old SuperA or is that already something else?
-
Nice boys advice
I thought it was the Shan boys in the north who had the biggest cocks
-
Nice boys advice
I've never quite understood why you would want a race like this. Wouldn't you want it to last longer?
-
Side trips from bangkok
There are lots of travel YouTubers in Thailand. So you might want to take a look there for ideas on places to go. For trips out of the city I personally don't mind paying a bit more to have a guide/driver. Given how hard the tourism industry has been hit I'm sure those people would be thrilled to have some work at this point. Getting back to YT, I watch a lot of videos on the Global Travel Mate channel which is run by a Dutch guy who lives in Bangkok. He's been documenting the incredible expansion of the BKK public transportation network. A lot of changes have been happening in the city since I was last there. He also does a lot of trips around the city that are reachable by public transit. He also does a lot of biking if you're into that. His videos are great for those of us who miss the city. This cute Aussie boy is just starting out so his videos are not superb quality and he makes some mistakes, but he's trying hard. Here's his Ayutthaya video.
-
Tell me your penis size and I'll tell you what country your from
and certainly all of the young men (from everywhere) posting their nude photos all over the internet are the ones with the biggest cocks which probably skews my expectations