Everything posted by fedssocr
-
Yellow Line to cover 30.4 kilometers
It is amazing how much effort and money they've put into the network. Too bad it will all be underwater before too long
-
Benjakitti Park expansion set for Feb
maybe there will be enough wildlife that eats them to keep them in check? The Global Travel Mate YT channel has a couple of nice videos on the new park's construction
-
"Horrific" New Covid Variant Discovered
The biggest open question is how severe the illness is from this variant or how deadly it might be compared to the others. If it's able to get around the vaccines that's obviously a problem since it appears to be more transmissable. But I've seen some reporting today about other variants that seemed like they might be a problem at first but they all got squeezed out by delta.
-
Anyone using the Google Pixel 6
I have the Pixel 6 Pro. It's great. My 4+ year old OnePlus 5 wouldn't hold a charge anymore so I needed a replacement. Probably any 2021 phone would seem like a huge improvement compared to that. The cameras are very good. I guess that as the phone learns you it's supposed to get even better at anticipating what you want. A lot of reviewers complain about the size but it doesn't seem that much bigger to me.
-
Rules for Internal Thai Flights
according to Global Travel Mate they didn't encounter a very thorough check at DMK
-
Flights to Bangkok
Thaiger mentioned today that Emirates are adding A380 service back to BKK due to increased demand
-
Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories
This looks fascinating. Free on Gagaoolala Synopsis One day, Mob(Atsuhiro Inukai), a college student, realizes that he lives in the world of a BL manga, where the handsome men are approaching him harshly and the ""BL love flags"" are rising every minute. As a straight guy who likes girls, Mob struggles and fights against the hot attackers desperately. (The original manga has become a hot topic on Twitter and pixiv.) To protect himself, Mob reads lots of BL manga comic books and studies every possible case and its solutions. How to resist and escape… Greeting for every situation, Manners of drinking parties, Behavior at sauna, Boy friend of his younger brother and a destined Valentine’s day… No matter how hard he tries to resist, Mob is about to be dragged into this deep BL world. He is terribly fatigued and almost falls down the stairs on his way home. At that time, someone saved him. Mob just remembers his warm and soften back and a faint scent of citrus. After sniffing out all the handsome men on campus, he finally finds the man he was looking for! https://www.gagaoolala.com/en/videos/2420/a-man-who-defies-the-world-of-bl-2021-e01?utm_source=EDM&utm_medium=英文EDM&utm_campaign=絕對會變成BL的世界VS絕不想變成BL的男人
-
Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories
Country Boy II is currently in production. The weird short morality tales they've been putting out lately haven't been great, so hopefully this gets things back on track.
-
Klong Cong Nonsi
that seems like a pretty tight timetable, but Bangkok seems to have been adding a lot of parks lately along with all of the new transportation projects.
-
Are you going to Thailand within 6 months if the November 1 rules still apply ?
Are more flights available yet? Or are most airlines still waiting to see what happens? I don't expect to see Asia again until next Autumn at the soonest.
-
CNA program on the situation in Thailand
The overly dramatic music is a bit much, but this paints quite a dire picture
-
International airlines return 80% of their airport slots in Thailand for the next five months
QR started doing that recently. The airlines have lost a lot of money over the last 18 months. So it's not a surprise they're trying to recoup some money.
-
International airlines return 80% of their airport slots in Thailand for the next five months
this explains why people searching for plane tickets are only finding very expensive ones
-
Thailand welcomes visitors from 46 countries from Nov 1
airlines have given up a huge amount of their airport slots until March. This is a big part of why flights are so expensive for now https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/foreign-airlines-give-up-80-of-their-slots-at-thailands-airports-amid-uncertainty-of-next-5-months
-
Tokyo to ditch nightlife curbs as COVID-19 cases plunge
I think I saw that South Korea is up to about 70 vaccinated now too. I hope Taiwan gets things ramped up too
-
Krubb men only club, sauna and spa?
thanks. I just saw reference on a cute Thai boy's Twitter from his recent visit. I guess it's run by people who also run a massage shop in Ari
-
Krubb men only club, sauna and spa?
Just happened to see a link for this new place on Twitter. (@krubb_bkkth) Looks like a men-only Korean or Japanese spa type place with grooming, sauna, gym and massage. Their tag line is "Men's Only Social Club and Sauna/ Gym / Adult Playground" BTS Phrakanong exit 4. I don't see a website link. Just their twitter account and Line account (@krubb). Looks like advanced booking is currently required
-
Finally a light at the end of a super long tunnel?
My guess is that airlines will be a bit cautious to see if Thailand really does open this time. The government keeps push the dates and even though the PM announced this, it hasn't been approved health officials yet. Fully vaccinated rates are still under 35%. Until more seats are added prices will be high. There's also a lot of pent up demand. I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza several times. It's a nice hotel in a good location. The only drawback for me is the need to take 2 elevators whenever you come or go. One from the street to the lobby and then another from the lobby to your room and vice versa.
-
I Am Being Serious - What's God Got To Do With It?
I think a good bit of South Korea's conservatism stems from the prevalence of evangelical Christianity there. I believe there were lots of missionaries who went there after the war. I haven't ever noticed much Christianity in my visits to Taiwan but those have been quite short visits. Politically they seem to be a good bit less conservative than the Koreans, although getting to gay marriage wasn't easy.
-
What 3 Words would you say to your 18 year old self?
buy Apple stock
-
Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories
if you're on Twitter, BLupdate2020 is full of, well, BL updates. Fluke and Ohm coming back soon
-
Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories
Singapore BL webseries trying to crowdsource production funds
-
Collection of B500 fee from foreigners starts next year
USD 15 doesn't seem like a big deal to me. If it helps Thais who've been hit hard by the pandemic I don't have any issues with it. I agree it will be interesting to see how it gets collected. I remember having to pay the departure tax in cash way back when. Including it in the ticket price was a much better idea.
-
Bridgerton Covid Death despite Double Vaccination and Regular Testing
My guess is that a case like this is extremely rare. But I agree there's been a good deal of research showing that the mRNA vaccines have reduced effectiveness over time. It also depends quite a bit on each individual. Some people have stronger immune response to the vaccines than others based a host factors.
-
Facebook Down
I think it's Snapchat and TikTok for the youngsters these days. FB is all GenX, Boomers and some MIllenials now. IG is still fairly popular too. Although I think FB is popular generally in some countries. Countries that are new to the internet - Myanmar famously - for example. Twitter is just politics and porn. I'm going to try and take a break from FB to see if I can break the addiction.