Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fedssocr

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fedssocr

  1. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    I think for sure we've all been sitting home missing travel for the last couple years. So we've been saving the money we would have spent on travel during that time and are ready to spend it now. So splurging on a higher class, especially for long haul flights, seems like a reasonable idea. My bank account is much fuller now for not having taken the 4 or so big trips I would have taken. As for the costs related to booking with miles, it really depends on the program. My trip from Washington to Bangkok on Qatar was only $45 in taxes and fees, but it is costing me 110,000 AA miles, which admittedly is a lot for one way business class. Some airlines are more aggressive than others with the fuel surcharges. I've been looking at return flight options from Seoul for my trip and there are lots of options between $2500-3500 in business class. Again for one way that's not super cheap but it's not exorbitant. I'm still looking for mileage options.
  2. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I still don't really see the point after we've already got a couple of definitive documentaries.
  3. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Yes, the SQ A380 does let you get off at FRA. I actually think they require it to service the aircraft. While the summer is a mess, hopefully by autumn (after the school holidays are over) will be better at the airports. Frankly if you can afford it, it's another good reason to book in business class since you get shorter queues and more assistance if things go haywire at most airports. I just booked IAD-DOH-BKK using AA miles on Qatar Airways. But not until early next year. If you have the points though it's also a good option.
  4. Thanks for sharing your experience. Maybe you can just make up a few more days for us. I just booked my next flight to BKK. But not until March...almost exactly 4 years since my most recent visit. It will be fun to see all of the changes.
  5. I was going to say "guide" sounds like a very generous description of this guy...
  6. I've often wondered about that hotel, but its location isn't attractive to me. I am a sucker for a good view though. Did you take any photos of your room with a view?
  7. I recall visiting a Sunee bar on one of my first trips to Thailand many years ago. I really enjoyed spending time with one of the boys in the bar and his cute friend. I tipped them overly generously - I still recall how shocked he was by how much money I gave him at the end of the evening. When I went back the next day one was sporting an enormous knock off wristwatch that seemed to already be broken. His friend gave him quite a ribbing over it. I remember thinking it was a pretty dumb thing to waste his money on. But they were quite young, and as said they certainly didn't have any kind of money management skills. I think it's a society-wide issue though in many ways. Everyone trying to impress others with money and living beyond their means. These days apparently a lot of younger people in America have fallen into debt thanks to all of these online shopping apps that have "buy now, pay later" credit. Buy this t-shirt for $60 and pay it off in 6 months sort of thing.
  8. fedssocr replied to 12is12's topic in Gay Asia
    I don't think her country deserves what has happened in the last 18 months
  9. did Tarntawan ever get rid of the concrete beds? I stayed there just once on my first ever visit to Thailand. The beds were so hard...it was my first intro to Asian style mattresses I guess. I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza on my most recent trips. Not perfect, but the location is great. And I am a bit of an IHG loyalist. But I agree that Le Meridien is quite nice. Haven't been there since SPG was taken over by Marriott.
  10. fedssocr replied to 12is12's topic in Gay Asia
    you can lobby your government to help and keep the issue in the minds of your circle if you are on social media (or off). And there are some NGOs that are helping people on the ground. I've been donating to Better Burma via Patreon
  11. For me it makes a lot more sense to connect someplace like Tokyo or Seoul since it breaks up the journey nicely on the way from N. America. But I suppose if you're on the West Coast it might be OK.
  12. fedssocr replied to 12is12's topic in Gay Asia
    There are a million male massage spas now. But after the coup the current situation doesn't seem like something any tourist would want to get in the middle of. Lots of horny sexy Myanmar guys all over Twitter as well.
  13. https://onemileatatime.com/news/air-canada-bangkok-flight/ Air Canada will be launching a new seasonal flight between Vancouver (YVR) and Bangkok (BKK) later this year. The route will operate 4x weekly between December 1, 2022, and April 14, 2023, with the following schedule: AC65 Vancouver to Bangkok departing 11:00PM arriving 5:55AM (+2 days) AC66 Bangkok to Vancouver departing 8:30AM arriving 6:35AM Air Canada’s Bangkok service will operate westbound on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays, and eastbound on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays.
  14. it's nice that the B boys still get to perform. I always enjoyed them
  15. With so much free porn on Twitter there's not much need. I have one account for porn, massage spas, etc and a separate one for more serious things. There are several cute twinks on Twitter who have reasonable OF accounts, but the only way to keep it fresh is to collaborate with different people or it just gets boring. Anyone who is an "influencer" isn't really going to show much since a lot of them have contracts with various mainstream companies. So those guys are total scams and teases. But there are lots of guys making their own porn too
  16. Avianca is eliminating business class on non-Europe flights https://onemileatatime.com/news/avianca-eliminates-business-class/
  17. is there really lots of congestion at the airport now?
  18. I've always enjoyed the chaos of Bangkok. There's a lot more to do there in general. If I was more of beach person I might enjoy Pattaya more. I can only take it for a few days there though. I like being able to get around the city by public transport too.
  19. They probably think "Thank goodness he is supporting our economy"
  20. I've been seeing a lot of news about how vulnerable their economy really is. I don't know if things will just collapse all at once or in stages...or if they will manage keep it together. But the people had no option but to invest in real estate which is on the brink as an industry. The massive corruption throughout the system has led to lots of problems. I don't know if everyone is just whistling past the graveyard because the consequences are too painful to think about. But once reality hits it's going to be trouble for the world.
  21. I'm enjoying your reports. I have to admit that it's making me really want to start planning a trip. It's nice to read about all of you jai dee guys
  22. you can also find apartment rentals on booking.com and Agoda. The place I stayed at in View Talay 6 did not have any extra charges (electric, water, etc). But I was there for just a few days.
  23. YT just recommended MAMA GOGO to me. As best I can tell it's not really gay, but former singing starlet with big boobs inherits gogo bar that caters to women. So lots of shirtless hot men might be of interest
  24. that 3 to 4 baht price hike is actually a whopping 33 1/3% Did you try the new electric river boats?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.