Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

returning to bangkok - tips to swap

Featured Replies

I think that subconsciously I bring back foreign currency so that I will feel attached to returning to that country again.

 

Nice sentiment. :)

  • Replies 56
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ChristianPFC
    ChristianPFC

    For travel outside of Thailand in SEA, I now recommend Taiwan above everywhere else (if commercial sex scene is not important to you, even before Thailand).   Phuket and Koh Samui are expensive and

  • lilbob69
    lilbob69

    I had some Maylasian Ringgit left over from several years ago, probably around 3000B worth. I decided to cash it in whilst in Thailand. It was all larger denominations in good condition but I was only

  • True. At Super Rich Ratchadamri head office, scribbled notes get rejected. After experienced a few rejections, I only brings clean notes from my home country. If you accept lower exchange rate, you c

just take some money out 20,000 a pull and have some when you come. It isn't a difficult issue.

 

You mean if asked at immigration to show 20,000, you just go to an ATM and withdraw the money? That thought entered my mind as well (better than carrying 20,000 THB in cash with me, in addition to about 500 Euro or USD depending on where I go), but I forgot once again to check in Suvarnabhumi if there are ATMs before immigration.

I have a friend from Singapore who runs a business in Thailand and she says a recently updated Thai bank statement/passbook showing the requisite amount or more would also be acceptable.

 

That might be. Actually Thai embassy in Saigon accepts only recent bank book with >20,000 THB, but not cash as proof of funding. Actually I bring both, cash and bank book. But when I entered in Sadao, immigration officer said "Show me the money!" and I don't think she would have accepted bank book.

There are no ATMs before going through inbound immigration. You need to have the cash before you land.

 

Edited to add: I think the consensus on forums such as ThaiVisa is that you've already made their shit list if and when they ask you to show funds (I've never been asked​ so far). At least at airports, some land borders seem to be notorious. In that case, they are looking for reasons to deny entry and it's very unlikely that they will accept anything other than cash or travelers checks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.