Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Taking boys on a trip outside Thailand, steely stares of disapproval

Featured Replies

I appreciate all the discussion and replies to my Post.

But this Topic should move Other Countries / Philippines.

Thanks!!

  • Replies 58
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • "I dont care what others think anymore,im not here to please anyone or make others happy that i must please them."   I think that's a great way to lead your life; I couldn't agree more. I was about

  • I find this hard to believe.  Polite Thais generally don't point and they certainly wouldn't in an enclosed place where their actions would easily be visible and scrutinised. They wouldn't want to att

  • Fair.  But unless your "boy" is fresh off the boat and you're his first ever farang, chances are he's used to it all and has learnt to shrug it off.  Also there may be other reasons why a guy might no

I appreciate all the discussion and replies to my Post.

But this Topic should move Other Countries / Philippines.

 

obviously with 3 pages of responses it generated a lot of attention even being in the 'wrong' forum 

This year, me, a 58 y.o, farang and my 25 y.o Thai fiancé have been to Malaysia, Myanmar (twice), UAE (twice), Laos and Turkey. 3 out of the 5 are Muslim counties. No problems whatsoever. Just be respectful to local culture around locals. The ex-pats have no problems.

 

I don't understand why anybody would visit a country where they are illegal. Yes you can avoid detection, but why would you want to? Go somewhere you are welcome. 

I don't understand why anybody would visit a country where they are illegal. Yes you can avoid detection, but why would you want to? 

to see sights you are interested in ?

Turkey & Malaysia are probably the most moderate moslem countries.

Although Turkey is moving in the wrong direction, when I was there they had gay bars & I believe gay sex is legal.

In Malaysia, it is not, however enforcement is minimal, to the extent where they have gay bars and gay saunas.

 

I've had guys back to my room in Malaysia. On the most recent trip it was 4 nights out of 5 and it would have been 5 but for time spent eating out with colleagues.

Unless you are leader of the opposition, no one in Malaysia will care who you **** in your hotel room.

I am 33 yrs old and yet i feel uncomfortable even to have a dinner together with the guy i am offed...lets alone to walking hand by hand with them..usually i will end all bussines matters inside the rooms..not going outside to sightseeing together...not even one times..

 

Looking at the farang age 80yrs old walking hand by hand with boys 18yrs old amazed me...its not very asean cultures IMHO...but its up to individual oppinion..

to see sights you are interested in ?

 

And risk getting locked up because someone takes a dislike to you or your partner? No thank you! There are many such cases in UAE. For example, Jamie Harron, accused of public indecency & detained for touching another man's hip, non-sexually, in a crowded bar. 

Its really your own choice if u want or not want to visit those places. I lived in one that have the law but rarely enforced, and publicly, even the straight dont show it in public, and the public indecency law applies to all. Whatever u do in private, no one bats an eye. Having lived here though, makes me very awkward when taking boys that dont have any problem showing affection in public. Not that i dont like it but i still feel some things need to stay private lol.

 

I have friends who prefer going to places like pakistan, north korea, iran, iraq, afganistan because there are some adrenaline rush going to places that people keep saying we shouldnt go.

I don't understand why anybody would visit a country where they are illegal. Yes you can avoid detection, but why would you want to? Go somewhere you are welcome. 

Because there is no visa requirement for Thais to visit ASEAN counties, plus Turkey.  UAE visa is simply a case of giving an agency £75 and they sort it. He wants to go to Russia - also no visa. I have put my foot down, and it is a big NO.

 

Going to a dodgy Sukhumvit lawyer tomorrow to try and get a Schengen visa for January. We failed to get a DIY UK visa.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.