Guest wowpow

Speedy Log-In

Guest wowpow

I have always found access to the Message Board very slow. I live in Thailand and use broadband ADSL connection. Using a proxy makes it even slower. I used to sit and wait for minutes until my computer loaded my name and password.

All the photos and stuff load up before my computer enters my details. Sometimes I seem to remain logged in for some hours?

I have now discovered that while the photos are loading I can log in manually by typing my name and password.

My suggestions are:

1) Can your computer people to make the automatic log in a priority over loading photos?

2) Can you computer people make access automatic without having to click on 'go' when your name and password have popped up. Other sites don't need this.

I hope that these improvements are possible and will help make the message board used a lot more.

Guest stef

Sad to say, but our website is being blocked by some cyber government block, and probably the speed of access might be slow due to this. Not sure as I am not in Thailand right now. The speed I have is correct where I am , even accessing the site with a 56k connection.

I really believe it is due to your connection or to this block. Most likely the block.

If your username and password are saved already accessing the forum, you should go directly in the forum without problems. It shouldn't take that long at all.

Are you accessing the forum without being logged in as a member ? Or you are already signed in on the main site and then accessing the forum via the top menu ?

In my few knowledges in website programming, the photo and backgrounds usually are loaded first. Not sure about what we can do here about this.

Let's see what is goin on.. :)

If you have not already done so, I suggest checking the board program software, Stef. Many message boards have an option that allows users to log in and remain logged in every time they access the board, rather than having to go through loggin in every time. The administrator section of the software may have a selection that allows you to turn on that option for the users.

Well at first that is what happened but the site has a double log in section. And it is important that both section are all together. I guess the programmers did what hey had to do.

we had many problems with double log in at first. I guess it was corrected. I'd rather not touch anything being afraid to screw things up again.

I haven't had any log in complains in a long time. So it is a good sign.

Having the board alone would be easier. Just remain log in would be perfect. But here on this site, it is a little more complicated.

about the original post, I have to admit that the site was really really slow because of the block.

Some day it was ok, but still the speed was worst than a 56 k modem.

Being unblocked, I am sure the speed is better. At least it is for me.

It is now taking me even longer! I am in the UK using my nice new Macbook but on dial up as I can't get broadband without signing up for a year. To get to the Message board on Thailand takes me 5 clicks and waits whereas Sawatdee takes one? Now it does not even stay logged in for a few hours and I have to do it every single time. Has something changed?

This is one of the two forums that I use which do not let you choose to stay logged in on your home computer. I wonder why. If you have the huge number of members stated there must be a lot of time wasted.

Guest Snowkat

This is one of the two forums that I use which do not let you choose to stay logged in on your home computer. I wonder why. If you have the huge number of members stated there must be a lot of time wasted.

I have to agree with wowpow. Although I have no problem at all with the speed as I use broadband from the UK, I find the need to log in each time one wants to visit the site is at the best frustrating and annoying in the least.

Why is there no option in the initial log in process to set a cookie by clicking "remember this log in" when using ones home computer as there is with SGF and Bahtstop? The only time I have to log in on these other boards is once a week after I have run my Surf Secret security programme which deletes all cookies during my weekly clean up and computer maintenance.

It is now taking me even longer! I am in the UK using my nice new Macbook but on dial up as I can't get broadband without signing up for a year. To get to the Message board on Thailand takes me 5 clicks and waits whereas Sawatdee takes one?

Using a MacBook pro or a simple Acer computer, would not make a difference Dear. It is just a connection speed problem only....

Last time I was in the UK, they had T-mobile month by month High speed access.. I may have to check on this for you. This might prevent to use a 56 km model to access the internet.

I am surprise some people still uses a 56 K modem on a regular basis... It must be horrible ....to access heavy site.

Now it does not even stay logged in for a few hours and I have to do it every single time. Has something changed?

Not sure what you really want here, cause early in your first post, you were complaining about your account being logged in for hours... So we fixed it..

But now you said you aren't happy about it ... I am sorry Wowpow but we can't accomodate all needs. I believe it is safer to be logged in for a short time, and once your account is inactive, it will log you off . If I am misunderstanding your problems, please explain again that I can see what can be done ok ?

I am working actually on having the option to " save your password " on the log in page... so I hope it will be better for you guys..

Hello Mr. Lovely

I hope you had a Happy Birthday :)

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Maybe I am not being very clear.

What I would like, is to be able to click on one bookmark on my home computer and arrive at the Gaythailand Message Forum logged on. I can do this on Sawatdee, CFS and many other sites I visit. If this can easily be achieved I feel sure that it would be appreciated by members.

Currently it takes 5 clicks and waits while the page loads. My username and password are remembered - I think this is by my computer.

Hello Mr. Lovely

I hope you had a Happy Birthday :)

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Maybe I am not being very clear.

What I would like, is to be able to click on one bookmark on my home computer and arrive at the Gaythailand Message Forum logged on. I can do this on Sawatdee, CFS and many other sites I visit. If this can easily be achieved I feel sure that it would be appreciated by members.

Currently it takes 5 clicks and waits while the page loads. My username and password are remembered - I think this is by my computer.

Well, Hello you You :blush:

I understand better now. We have just added the option "Remember Me" when you first log in. I hope it will help the process for you to stay logged in, even by retrieving the site by bookmark. I can't promis though but let's see how it works :)

Guest Snowkat

We have just added the option "Remember Me" when you first log in. I hope it will help the process for you to stay logged in, even by retrieving the site by bookmark. I can't promise though but let's see how it works :)

Thanks Stef. The system still automatically logs me out when I leave the board. However the "remember me" is a great time saver when returning to the board and having to log in again and is an improvement.

Thanks Stef. The system still automatically logs me out when I leave the board. However the "remember me" is a great time saver when returning to the board and having to log in again and is an improvement.

I am glad it is helping.

Now about the forum, it is where the original problem started. So I will look into it. But I am afraid I can't do much for now. But we never know -_-

WOW I clicked the little box to stay logged in and now I can get to the Gay Thailand Forum with one click. Well done and thank you Stef

I am really glad it does help :)

Guest RichLB

Forgive me, but I am trying to figure out how to do multiple quotes from the same response. I tried to pick the oldest thread on a little used forum to practice on. Feel free to delete this response.

I have always found access to the Message Board very slow. I live in Thailand and use broadband ADSL connection. Using a proxy makes it even slower. I used to sit and wait for minutes until my computer loaded my name and password.

Ok, this much I know how to do.

I have now discovered that while the photos are loading I can log in manually by typing my name and password.

Now let me see if this works. (I've tried copying the first quoted passage, selecting part of it, and then pasting the quoted passage back and selecting a different part. Keep your fingers corssed.

WOW I clicked the little box to stay logged in and now I can get to the Gay Thailand Forum with one click. Well done and thank you Stef

Whatever box I tick, it is necessary to login every time I visit this forum.

Firefox browser.

Guest jomtien

Firefox browser.

Same for me. (Safari) I take it very personally.

Firefox browser.

I don't. But, that has to do with saving the information to my browser and then not closing out of Firefox. When that or Safari is left on you will stay logged in for days.