reader

Arrest ladyboy gold snatcher

From Pattayaone

121.jpg?resize=554%2C244

A Lady boy has been arrested over a robbery which took place in Pattaya on July 25th. He previously managed to get away with a gold necklace worth roughly 100,000.

Pol Maj Col Piyapong Ensarn, inspector of Pattaya tourist police, was accompanied with police officers to track and hunt Mr Itthipol Srichumpon aged 23 after he had robbed a foreigner.

The incident took place in the night of July 25th around the South Pattaya area.

The officers were told by Mr Li Zhengyu aged 37 from China who revealed that he was smoking in front of a hotel when a ladyboy came closer and tried to charm him before she suddenly snatched his white gold necklace estimated to be worth around 100000 baht and ran away.

The officers inspected around crime scene, questioned eyewitnesses and collected CCTV footage, but the victim wasn’t holding his breath and was realistic that the chances of catching the thief were slim.

However, using the evidence collected, the officers managed to track the culprit down and brought arrest warrant to arrest him at his home in Udon Thani.

How is this related to the businesses of Pattaya? Thai ladyboys have been known to steal from tourists for ages.

You asked and answered your own question.

In Pattaya, it obviously is a business.

For someone who knows that "Thai ladyboys have been known to steal from tourists for ages," you seem remarkably ignorant of criminal procedure. 

The police "inspected around crime scene, questioned eyewitnesses and collected CCTV footage."  They present the evidence to a magistrate, obtain an arrest warrant and execute it in Udon Thani.

You ask if the necklace was recovered as if the whole case would fall apart if it wasn't. You read the article and know that the disposition of the stolen item is not mentioned.  However, robbers rarely hold onto commodity items that they steal.  Their objective is to convert it into cash as rapidly as possible (i.e., "fencing") which achieves two of the thief's three objectives: income and disposal of evidence. (The thief has already accomplished the first one that must always precede the others: acquisition).

Successful prosecutions are commonly brought in these types of cases on the basis of  preponderance of evidence such as CCTV, interviews, and admission of guilt.

What puzzles me is what would prompt you to be laughing out loud at the commission of a crime. Doesn't Pattaya have enough crime already to keep you entertained?

What puzzles me is what would prompt you to be laughing out loud at the commission of a crime. Doesn't Pattaya have enough crime already to keep you entertained?

For a poor boy to steal a piece of jewelry is a petty crime.  However, apparently he didn't just take it but "snatched" it away from its owner, which involves some violence.

Yet the responsibility of this crime is shared with the stupid individual who displayed the expensive chain in front of the boy. Maybe a fair resolution of the crime is to have the boy in jail and the expensive chain not recovered but its value feeding some poor people instead of hanging from the neck of some guy. (I've little respect for guys who wear jewelry)

In any case, I hope we are not proponents of Sharia law that dictates cutting the hand of the boy...

Maybe a fair resolution of the crime is to have the boy in jail and the expensive chain not recovered but its value feeding some poor people instead of hanging from the neck of some guy. (I've little respect for guys who wear jewelry)

In any case, I hope we are not proponents of Sharia law that dictates cutting the hand of the boy...

Stevie, I beginning to appreciate the wisdom of your logic: blame the victim!

So if someone picks your pocket, steals from your room or assaults you, you're fine with that.

And I'm sure, as you say, that the thief used the income to feed some poor people.  He certainly didn't waste it on drugs.

"We"? Can't speak for you, Stevie, but suggesting that criminals be held accountable for their actions doesn't quite equate with advocating Sharia law.

I think you fall into that category of liberal who hasn't yet been mugged.

Stevie, I beginning to appreciate the wisdom of your logic: blame the victim!

So if someone picks your pocket, steals from your room or assaults you, you're fine with that.

----

I think you fall into that category of liberal who hasn't yet been mugged.

Ready, you are so predictable!  I would have bet that you would interpret my wisdom like that.

I have not yet been mugged, but I have been robbed, but not yet of my reason.

I have not yet been mugged, but I have been robbed, but not yet of my reason.

Don't sell yourself short, Stevie. You were robbed of it all right.  But at least it was a victimless crime.

Yet the responsibility of this crime is shared with the stupid individual who displayed the expensive chain in front of the boy. Maybe a fair resolution of the crime is to have the boy in jail and the expensive chain not recovered but its value feeding some poor people instead of hanging from the neck of some guy. (I've little respect for guys who wear jewelry)

You're aware, of course, that it's common practice in many Asian cultures to display wealth in this manner, not just the Chinese guy who you castigate here.  Although I don't recommend that farangs wear gold on vacation, I respect the right of anyone to wear whatever they wish.

You say you have "little respect for guys who wear jewelry."  Reminds me of your oft-stated position on guys with belly fat and fail to keep their bodies slim and smart like you do.  Doesn't quite square with the "live and let live" motto you're so fond of saying now does it?

Doesn't quite square with the "live and let live" motto you're so fond of saying now does it?

LOL!  You are so desperate to get me...  but it's another failed attempt.

I have never done anything to take the life of guys with belly fat or jewelry.  On the contrary, my opinions may help extend the life of guys who realize that they should make an effort to reduce their bellies or keep from wearing jewelry.