KYTOP

Sky High Airfares

• Members

I've been shopping for a few weeks for a ticket back to Thailand around the Christmas Holidays. My ticket to Bangkok for Christmas last year was just over $1000. My trip in July was $1200. The same flight is now over $1650 and actually jumped over $1700 for a couple of days this week.

I use to Fly to Montreal for about $300, now it is over $500. It is getting awfully hard to find a bargain flight anymore and I fear trips to my favorite spots may start to get fewer with these prices. x(

A lot has to do with point of origin. When I book from Thailand to USA, it is about half of what the same trip costs coming the other way. What I did last time was book a one way and then when I got to Thailand, I got my return. If you use NWA, if you get a full coach fare, you can always change the dates for it. This only works well if you go over a few times a year.

If you are ever trying to get upgrades on NWA you can always try 2-3 days in advance of a possible trip and they work. I usually book that way as most of the business class is booked until Toyota releases the seats. ^_^ I always have luck 2 days before departure.

Cathay Pacific has great deals going over there as well.

I noticed that Singapore Air had great prices on Business Seats and the Thai Air has nice Premium Economy on its non-stop from NYC. It is 17 hours so not sure worth it for many but I want to try it one day.

As for me, I am trying to decide between Brazil, Spain or Mexico as my next adventure.

>The funny thing is that my money says it won't be any of those

>3 places! ^_^

As long as he doesn't connect through Heathrow or Gatwick. I think small, furry things are on the list. :+

Guest straycat

OZ Mexico can be really hit and miss even more so than the other places you're considering. Do let us know where you end up. Your road reports are always interesting to read.

• Members

If time allows check airfare after Labor Day. Also even though oil prices have dropped last I read it is still very expensive. Airlines don't use the same stuff you put in your car and me in my scoot. It is some kind of fancy mixture. I think it might have something to do altatude maybe I don't know just my guess.

Hugs,

Greg

Guest TakeTwo

>If time allows check airfare after Labor Day. Also even

>though oil prices have dropped last I read it is still very

>expensive. Airlines don't use the same stuff you put in your

>car and me in my scoot. It is some kind of fancy mixture. I

>think it might have something to do altatude maybe I don't

>know just my guess.

>

>Hugs,

>Greg

Greg....when will the blinking lights end? lol

• Members

>>If time allows check airfare after Labor Day. Also even

>>though oil prices have dropped last I read it is still

>very

>>expensive. Airlines don't use the same stuff you put in

>your

>>car and me in my scoot. It is some kind of fancy mixture.

>I

>>think it might have something to do altatude maybe I

>don't

>>know just my guess.

>>

>>Hugs,

>>Greg

>

>Greg....when will the blinking lights end? lol

Blinking lights? Please expand.

Hugs,

Greg