Guest thrillbill8

gay bar in Pattaya

Guest thrillbill8

Ok, I am a bit "strange" compared to the majority of gays in Pattaya, but I am in my 40's, still fit and just want to meet other gay men that also have a goal in life, a job...whatever. The only gay bar I know of in Pattaya is Panorama and it is 90% money/beach boys. Is this the only bar to meet other "gays"????? I find BKk's Balcony and Telephone bar close to what I am looking for,but Panorama is mostly money boys.

Aren't there gay established Thai men in this area that aren't just the nellie, go-go bar type? Am I clueless of a "normal"gay bar in Pattaya? -From Boystown in Chicago

You have brought up a very interesting question and it's a tough one. The only gay bars I know about in Pattaya are the go-go bars, karaokes, and the host bars. Obviously, none of those are what you have in mind.

In Pattaya there is little in the way of bars of the type you are trying to find. Probably the closest thing to what you are seeking is the bar area of the Sansuk Sauna. I've only been there once during their nighttime hours, but there were several Thai gays, not money boys, there that night. Now that it's been open for a few weeks, it's probably worth your time to give it a try.

I can't think of anything else that's going to fit the bill. Maybe others can post suggestions.

Guest ear wig

Im amazed gaybutton does not know where you can chat to like minded farangs, this is what many people love Sunee Plaza for, to start with you have the most Interesting selection of farangs in Memories one of the nicer Chat Host Bars in Pattaya. see map below.

Then you have David at Le Cage Pub, this is a fun place to meet farangs for a international chat, next to White Night Buffet restaurant, Incidentally if you ever get chatting to Tony the part owner of White.Knight he is one of the most genuine people in Pattaya, he can also be found late into the night also a fun place is the Forest Bar owned by them opposit, sit at the bar there, drink, tea, coffee, beer or anything you like as in any host bars.

The No1 Most genuine guy in Pattaya if you go to Thais4Life book Shop, Meet Walli Pickering, wednesday afternoons they have a chat meeting, but any time you can call in to see him, he has my vote as the nicest guy in Town any day, and what he does not know he will find out for you, you can if you want buy any books from most countries, for 80 baht and return them given 40 baht or buy more.

Also go to the "Corner 'VIP' Bar" in Sunee Plaza see Gary the American Boss (after 9pm) there, ANOTHER FUN GUY WHO NOTHING STIRS HIM, he is good at Introducing you to many different Interesting guys, then you have many of what we call Host Bars they are open air outside Bars you sit and watch the world go by, all have waiters and boys readily available but also farangs are very chatty. or try Monty's Enchanted Hut he is good for having a few local farangs around chatting about world events and local gossip, what they dont know they make up.

If you go to some of the Gay Beach concessions on Jomtien gay beach such as, The Vip Beach area by The Rabbit Resort, or Jims Place, hundred yards up from the Toilets or Rits is a good if you can get into a conversation.

So many places to chat also its a lot up to you, if your an outgoing fun type of guy, your soon meet new people, if your a wilting violet your always stay in the shade, much like Gaybutton I should think, more like a deadly night shade, if you bite into it, your die a dreadful death or be very sick !!! only joking GB :p happy hunting if you cant find Interesting guys to chat to in Pattaya its you who is at fault the place is dripping wiith them.

see map for details:- http://www.pattayagay.com/pattaya_maps/mappage1.html

Guest ear wig

Oh well if you want to meet gay Thais even though you see many around, I have met many over many years not a short vacation, your have to go to meet them on:-

www.postjung.com write in English and say what you want, look above home page right hand corner for gay area.

Try www.eyeballchat.com down load free Cams from many guys of al ages in there bedrooms live< its very addictive so be careful.

or as you say any of the many sauna's in Thailand.

I have also seen many in "Garys VIP Corner Bar" who chat if your a regular, for some strange reason many farangs have chatted me up over the years, cant think why if you believe what you read some people say about me here. :blink:

Edited by ear wig

I agree that the poster was looking for thai men.

I would suggest that several bars like Cafe Royale piano bar and Bondi would be good places to start

The other alternatives are the expats breakfast/lunch held every weekend

I cannot remember if the new weekly newsletter included details of recent meetings

I know the old one used to have contact details for both

Guest thrillbill8

Thanks for the info...I was basically focussing the question with Thais...they all seem to be in the "commercial" end of the gay scene; not just to socialize. That is why I was wondering where the "regular" 30+ Asian gays that live "regular" lives hang out. (they probably go to BKK on weekends like I do).

You may want to check out fridae.com in the Thailand Section. There is quite a large selection of Thai guys looking for friends...and not all are money boys.

Guest luvthai

Finding non comerical guys in pattaya is not easy. Most of the guys there are in town to make a little money to take back to their farms. You might want to try some of the karaokes in the day-night area which are popular places to go. Also a couple of the disco's are popular with working class gays. You might also consider a trip to Chiang Mai as it is a university town and has many more outlets for meeting thai guys. There are many coffee/internet shops and also a park near the university that is used as a gathering place during the day.

Regardless of what some may suggest, Pattaya is not the place to come if you are looking for Thai men who are not into commercial sex. After all, it is the world's largest bordello al fresco and you don't go to a whorehouse expecting to find free, non-commercial playmates.

You can occasionally find ethnic Chinese men on holiday, mainly from Taiwan, Singapore, China or Malaysia, but not Thai, for socializing and sex dates at Jomtien Beach, Panorama or the new sauna.

Be warned, however, that some of these Chinese guys who travel in groups like to flirt or tease but not play.

You might luck into the occasional Thai at those venues too, who's either past prime time or cheating on a travelling bf , and who may settle for fun without funding. But most Thais staying here are working boys, even the ones who are cheating on their boyfriends.

Same goes for the internet. The rent boys are discovering internet dating in droves and there's almost no Thais there under 30 having sex for fun. If they seem to be, it's because they're interested in having "someone take care me" which is hardly what casual sex is all about.

Frankly, if you are a decent looking guy in his 40's, I'd say you're not ready for prime time Pattaya unless you raise the stakes and open that wallet. Stay in Bangkok where the pickings you seek are much more available among a large middle class of more independent gay Thai men.

Finding non comerical guys in pattaya is not easy. Most of the guys there are in town to make a little money to take back to their farms. http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/style_im...images/code.gif

Are u sure?

Differ Pub ojn 3 rd. Road at junction with Pattaya Nua is a pub well attended by Gay Thais. (Non-commercial) Of course Hollywood and Excite have their fair share of commercial and non-commercial.

Flip on 3 rd road can get the gays in as well. When it was Blue Chilli the band had a big gay following.

Of course some non-commercial gays can become commercial if you wave your wallet at them

Differ Pub ojn 3 rd. Road at junction with Pattaya Nua is a pub well attended by Gay Thais.

Flip on 3 rd road can get the gays in as well. When it was Blue Chilli the band had a big gay following.

Thank you for posting this. I'm not familiar with either of those bars. At some point I'll go and have a look. In the meantime, can you give us any details about them?

Thank you for posting this. I'm not familiar with either of those bars. At some point I'll go and have a look. In the meantime, can you give us any details about them?

3rd Road Pubs in general are busiest and frequented the most by Bkk Thais on weekends i.e. Friday and Saturday. These bars are not gay by any means but have a gay following which is fickle and tends to move with the fashion or with the lead singer of the band or whoever.

The gay crowd tends to be jnterested in the younger gay scene and I don't know but maybe the Thai scene as well.

But as with any race I hear many get excited when a handsome guy is around and I see East meet West regularly.

I saw stats from the Tourism Authority of Thailand that there are about 12,000,000 ???? domestic tourists a year visiting Chonburi so if just 2% are gay that does mean that there are a few hundred visitors here most weekends who are gay hanging out somewhere.