marcanthony

3 monkeys: Moscow. Access denied. Saunas instead

• Members

So had heard that 3 monkeys is the place to go... and went to check it out this weekend.

Went with a group of 4. A cute 18 yo russian boy, a cute 23 yo american boy, our guide, and myself.

First, denied access to the American boy for lacking his passport on his person. So he said he and the guide would go back to the apartment to get it while me and the Russian boy sat and had a drink.

Then I tried to get in. Access denied for "dress control". I was wearing a long sleeve red SILK shirt (quite expensive actually), black slacks, and black walking shoes. Nope, out of dress code.

Through the guide, I asked what do I need to do to get into code if we try to return tomorrow. T-shirt, jeans, and sports shoes.

Go figure.

So we all went to a sauna instead. I can't tell you the name, because they are underground and unlabelled. But it was lots of fun. Kind of a very small and shady establishment in the model of the Brazil saunas. Mainly varying ages of working boys. You pay 500 rubles for entrance ($20), and then you pay 300 rubles if you want to use a room without one of their sauna boys. If you use their sauna boys, the room is free, but the boy costs 3000 rubles which is paid to the house (the boy gets half according to the boys).

It was actually quite fun. There was someone for everyone's taste. We were able to spend several hours there into the wee hours, and all left quite satisfied.

• Members

Ok peanut gallery...

Went to this incredibly HUGE Russian mall... literally miles of open stores. Have never really seen anything like it.

Got a pair of jeans, a tight fitting clubbing shirt, and black canvas shoes with stripes down the sides.

Gonna try and get in again tonight.

And, no Tampa, no one will be bringing a camera! ^_^

• Members

>Got a pair of jeans, a tight fitting clubbing shirt, and black

>canvas shoes with stripes down the sides.

>

>Gonna try and get in again tonight.

>

>And, no Tampa, no one will be bringing a camera! ^_^

LOL.... too bad. Would pay a pretty penny to see that. :P

There is nothing you won't stoop to! }(

• Members

>Since I'm considering a visit to Moscow, can you tell us who

>your guide is, how you like him and how you found him. Thanks

>SFTraveler

I found lots of info (including apartment information, guide information, etc) on http://www.gay.ru

The specific link for guides is:

http://www.gay.ru/english/travel/guides/index.htm#msk

I hired Victor. He was a good guide in that he made sure I was safe; he was tireless; he showed me all the main bars and clubs; he arranged for tours and sight seeing.

He is not a "party animal". so if you are looking for someone who will make sure you are surrounded by boys all the time, he's not the one for you. In fact, he is very protective and cautious.

If you read my posts, you know i didn't like Moscow at all. But I have some friends who thought it was a wonderful place.

Good luck and hope you have a great time! ^_^