TotallyOz

Thailand Update

Thailand Update

The Land of Smiles is full of smiles and hopes. There are so many guys here looking for a farang (customer) and so few farangs to assist.

I have always found this time of year in Thailand to be fun and enjoyable. The “Rainy Season” or so it is called is unpredictable. One moment the sun is shinning and there are no clouds in the sky and the next minute it is like all hell is broken loose and there is a downpour like nothing you have ever seen. After an hour or so of this downpour, it stops and the sun pops back into view and within minutes, people go back to their work and like the rain had never happened.

The bars are not busy and are very slow. There are plenty of guys in the bars looking for that special someone but not many customers in the seat. I get asked at least 40 times a day for food. It is hard to say no when someone you know asks for 50 cents to buy food. I have found that many of the men that live here are immune to the handing out of cash during low season. I always help when I can and when it is high season and there are tons of customers around the guys never forget one’s kindness or lack thereof.

There are always special deals in Thailand for hotels. This time of year, you can have your pick. None of them are full. There is no wait for food at any restaurant or at the beach. It is easy to get around, as the traffic isn’t as bad as high season.

I recommend to all Cabbages and Condoms in Pattaya. It is an amazing hotel and restaurant. It is located directly on the ocean and has one of the most beautiful gardens and views I have seen in Thailand. It was initially started as a restaurant in Bangkok which still exists off of Sumkumvit. If you are looking for a great place to stay, it is amazing.

Another place in Pattaya is the Mosiak Apartments. They rent by the day and by the week. It gives you more privacy and the ability to bring guests back to your room without hassle. It is located in Day Night area and there are many great restaurants around the area. The website is: http://mosaik-pattaya.com/ It is best to call them as they suck at answering e-mails.

I have been to the bars in Bangkok recently and had a great time. Many of the bars have over 140 guys there each night. If you cannot find someone you like, you are nuts!

Before any trip to Thailand, you need to make sure what is happening before you arrive. Sometimes the bars are closed for elections or holidays. This week, they are all closed for 3-4 days. If you are only spending a week here, to go without them for half the trip would make many unhappy. Be sure to check out gaythailand.com for the latest information on the scene in each city before any trip.

My favorite bar in Bangkok is Dream Boys. I like the mamasan there and she has never steered me wrong. I also really like Future Boys and Solid.

In Pattaya, my favorite bar is Dynamite, a new bar in Boyztown. Again, the mamasan is great and is very knowledgeable of the guys. I also like BoyzBoyzBoyz and Lucky7. In Sunee Plaza, there is no place like Crazy Dragon. It is a gogo bar where the boys dance on mirrored table tops with loose fitting boxers for your viewing pleasure. The place is packed with boys and it is a lot of fun. The best beer bars in that area are Corner Bar owned by an American, Gary and Come In bar across the street.

In Chiang Mai, if you want to stay at a great gay B & B, PJ’s Place is simply amazing. The owners are great and pull out all the stops to make sure you have a great stay with them. My favorite bar there is the New My Way bar. However, the malls are full of college guys and are a great deal of fun. There are also many mamasans that work the faranges with picture books. I had one come over to my place and had over 60 college boys photos and bios. I picked the one I wanted and he came that night. These guys were a bit more expensive but very fun.

In Phuket, try to stay at the Baan Yan Dee hotel. It is gay owned and truly an amazing place. My Way bar is full of guys and while the scene in Phuket is not as busy as the other places, I always have a blast. Be sure to take a boat tour of the islands and snorkel while there.

For a nice guide on places to stay and go, see www.gaythailand.com

For the best place for cruising spots and free sex, see the forums on www.crusingforsex.com

I hope this little update helps those interested in traveling to the land of smiles. If there are any questions, please let me know and I will try to assist.

>What is the name of the muscle bar in Bangkok and where is it

>located?

Tawan Bar is the best known one. It is a few Soi's down from all the other gay bars. If you walk out of Soi Twilight go to the right. Walk past the night market and there will be a Soi to the left, I think past Tartawan Hotel.

Tawan is on the same soi as Solid and one of my favorite restaurants, Mango Tree. If you get to that area early, try the food at Mango Tree and also try Solid. Past Solid is several other small gogo bars. You have to read the names and look around as they are hidden to the unwatchful eye.

I have heard from some Thai friends that Tawan was caught up in a tv show and it showed the sex show there live. It caused all the bars in Bangkok to stop the sex shows for a while and the whole area was "cleaned up." That lasted about a month or two. Now, it is back to normal.

You will see several of the Tawan boys in Pattaya on Sunday at the beach. Many come here for relaxation or the beach.

Guest barnfan

Hi, the TAWAN bar is in a small road (soi) opposite the RAMADA Hotel on Suriwong Road, if you head down Suriwong road you see Ramada Hotel on your right side. Just stop there and enter the small soi to the left, then after 20 meters on the right side is the bar. This bar is by far the best in Bangkok, the boys are real boys/man, all muscular and very well built. Of course, if you like girlish looking slim guys, this is not the place to be....;)

I always enjoy this bar, great service, little bit more expensive than the other bars, but definitely worth it. They used to have live sex shows, including J/O shows, this was stopped some time ago, I dont know if it resumed again. When I visited last time, (end of April 06) the shows were more 'easy going' but this was in all the clubs in Bangkok. It may just take some time, then everything will be back to usual.