Guest ShawnG

Thailand

Guest ShawnG

Hi Guys,

I'm planning a trip to Thailand and would really appreciate some help in terms where the hot boy bars are. I'm interested in twinky asians. Also if you have any suggestions on a good place to stay, not too far from the action but where there's not too many restrictions on entertaining friends in one's room

Thanks so much

Guest ShawnG

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I will probably stay around 7-10 days and spend most of my time in Bangkok. I might get up to Chiang Mai or down to Pucket, but I want to relax and don't want to rush around. I'm not really much of a sight-seer, and I don't really like beaches. Too much sun, sand and water. :-) So if I go somewhere besides Bangkok, it will probably be Chiang Mai. It's cooler there too, I think.

I want descent accomodations, clean, but I don't need or want anything fancy. I want to be able bring a friend to the room, and I would like the hotel to be fairly close to most of the boy bars. So I guess maybe 3-star? Not the worst, but I wouldn't want something without AC, for example. I would like to to meet young twinks for friendly fun. I'm also not sure what the laws are there concerning age of consent. I read that it was 12 y/o, but I also heard that Americans are held to the same standard as in the states. I hope this helps; I'm willing to give more info if you think of something that would be helpful.

Thanks

Guest ShawnG

Hi,

Yes, I read that last night, and that's good because I've read that younger children have been abused in the past. I found a helpful site "The Virgin's Guide to Boy Bars in Bangkok, Thailand".

Thanks

• Members

Barry is right . The age of consent for sex workers is 18. Since this will be your first trip. I would reccomend the Tartawan Hotel. It is a extremely gay friendly hotel and prices are moderate. It would not be my first choice because it does not have a pool.

The big advantage for a first timer is that they will collect the id's of any guests and make sure they are 18. They will hold the ID and then call your room before returning it to your guest. Believe me you will find many twinky Thai boys who look like they are 16 and turn out to be 22-23. But because of this you can get trapped into thinking you can judge their age and then you end up with a kid who is 16. Believe me it is not worth the risk however small of being caught with an undergae boy in your room. The prisons in Thailand are worse then any of us can imagine.

The Hotel also serves breakfast all day so if you awaken late, you still get your free breakfast. It is within 10 minutes walking of most of the gay bars.

The disadvantage to Bangkok is that everything is much more expensive then say pattaya. Drinks are 200-250 baht and at most places the boys will expect 1500 baht for short time and at least 2000 baht for all night

I would reccomend you try Solid Bar which is just around the corner from Tartawan and the drinks are 100-150 baht and the boys will be happy with 1000 baht for short time.All the boys in there will be of the twinky type and most will be gay instead of gay for pay.

There are at least 25 other bars within 10 minute walk and I suggest you look at www.dreadedned.com for a map and descriptions of some of the bars.

Since you say you are not interested in many tourist things , I see no reason for you to go to Chiang Mai. It is a great city but it is because of the Temples , craftsmen etc . The gay scene is small and although I highly reccomend going there at some point, I'm not sure on a 7-10 day trip this is a good use of your time. The time going to and from the airport and flights etc will severly cut into your fun time.

You would spend less time taking a Limo to Pattaya. In so far as boys available Pattaya has many more bars then bangkok and definitely more of the twinky type. The prices are also considerably less. Drinks in most bars are 100-120 baht and most boys are happy with 1000 baht short time. Many 3 star hotels are available and again dreadedned is a good site along with www.pattayagay.com to look for hotels

The Limo ride is about 2 hours and I guarantee you will find far more boys there then in Chiang Mai. You say you don't like the beach but the Gay Beach in Pattaya is an experience and many boys are available there and the atmosphere can be quite fun even if you only go for one day.

Others here I'm sure will have many ideas for you and if you still have your heart set on Chiang Mai then this site is a good source for info there and the other cities of Thailand.

Guest ShawnG

Wow, you convinced me to buy some sunscreen and go to Pattaya. My head is shaved and by body is fair, so I burn easily. But I probably can go and then pick my times to be out in the sun. The "Virgin" article I talked about says that all boys should carry ID, and if there's any doubt, ask for it. You're right about prison, and I'm not the prison type.

I would like to see some of the country besides the boys. :-) I'm just not one of those guys that goes from morning to night and has to see everything. My ex was like that, and we had an agreement that I could split when I had had enough.

I understand that the Thai, in general, are a lovely people, and I've had some friends here who were originally from Thailand.

You've made me very excited to begin planning my trip, and it sounds like Bangkok and Pattaya are the best places to go since I may be limited on time.

Thanks alot. I will check out the websites.

Hi firecat69 and Barry and all,

Your info has been very helpful in planning my trip to Thailand. My flight and hotel (Tarntawan) are booked, and I plan to visit the area bars and massage parlors, and Babylon, of course. What do you think of the other 2 "gay areas" Sukhumvit and Saphan Kwai?

I only have 9 days after I arrive and really want to just relax from my busy life. Barry, do you really think a one day excursion to Pattaya would be worth it? I'm thinking of this, keep my room at Tarntawan and just go down over night.

There are also a couple cute Thai guys advertised in The Male Review. So many boys; so little time! Trip not until January, so have time to plan.

Thanks

• Members

No doubt in my mind, you are making a mistake going to Pattaya for only one day. Once u get there you will be sad you left your luggage in Bangkok.

Start off in BKK for 3 nights then leave for Pattaya. Check in somewhere for 3 nights. If you leave early . no problem and if u decide to stay longer then you'll have your stuff with you and go right to airport.

For what you want there is no comaprison between the 2 places. BKK is great for sightseeing, shopping etc..

Pattaya is for boys. Prices for drinks and off fees are better and many more sweet boys. Its commercial in both places but it just seems nicer in Pattaya.

Bangkok has its charms and I always end up spending my last four days there but Pattaya has the cutest boys at the best prices and with the least attitude.

Okay,

You got my attention. :-) If I did spend 2 or 3 days in Pattaya, can you recommend places to stay. The Victoria Guest House in Pattayaland next door to the Classic Boys Club caught my eye on first pass through the listings. Is Boyz Town small enough that it's easy to get around to most of the bars, etc, no matter where you stay? Sorry to seem so ignorant.

Hi Icon,

You make a good point, and I'm definitely going to explore that side of things. I know from speaking with others that Babylon and certain "regular" bars are hot cruising areas where the guys are interested in meeting people on more of any equal plane. However, the "money boys", in whatever venue, are an attractive option just because of the short time I have in the country.

Thanks

Guest icon513

You can also find some really nice non-commercial guys, as well as money boys, cruising online these days. Try gay.com or gaydar.co.uk. I've had all good experiences there so far.

The Cafe Royale and the Ambiance are both in Boyztown and both nice places. The Flamingo is in Soi Day/Night and not a far distance.

If you want more upscale and close to Boyztown, the Marriot is nice.

If you want a nice apartment, give the Mosiak a try. http://mosaik-pattaya.com/

Go to: www.gaythailand.com

www.dreadedned.com

www.dragoncastle.net

www.pattayagay.com

All will give you tons of useful info.

I agree with Fire, you need to spend more time in Pattaya if you are looking for the boys. If you are looking for culture, stay in Bangkok more.

Thanks so much for all the information. I've already met several Thai guys that want to hook up in Bangkok (from the Dragoncastle website).

I have two questions.

1. There is apparently an old movie theater close to Phrakhanong Junction (Sukhumwit 71) where gays meet for fun at night. First of all, does anyone know about this theater. Second, is it generally safe to walk around at night to places like this or better to try in the day.

2. I'm wondering how much money to change into Baht. I know it depends on how one spends, but on average. Is $1,000 (about 37,000 Baht) too much. Is there a limit on how much cash you can bring through customs? Or is it better to take a little and exchange dollars into Baht there?

That's it. I'm going to Montreal this WE and plan on meeting 2 guys who have been reviewed on Male Review. Both Johnnys. Should be a fun time.

Later

Guest icon513

Yes, it is very safe to walk around at all times of day or night.

If you have an ATM card, you'll find one just about on every corner. Use your card to withdraw what you need, as you need it.

The cinema at Prakanong has closed down. The best one in operation at the moment is called the Phaholyothin Rama. It is across from Big C Department store, Saphan Kwai branch, at the Saphan Kwai sky train (BTS) station. It closes pretty early (8:00 pm, I think). Afternoons and early evenings are best.