Guest ear wig

So you want to see how to make your fortune in Thailand?

And please tell us where you "already wrote that EarWig will have my full support..."

On this very thread I wrote, "How about that, EarWig, a miracle (and on the Ides of March too) . . . you actually posted something about which you will have my support, if you can really pull it off. Maybe the bar owners will listen to you. They don't seem to be listening to anybody else."

As for the rest of your post, you have your opinion and I have mine. I don't much care what you or anyone else thinks I meant by my post.

"The world must construe according to its wit. This court must construe according to the law"

-Sir Thomas More, 'A Man for All Seasons.'

Guest ear wig

Gaybutton can you please give me a good reason why youi have del;eted my very good answer to your "unwarranted sneer," as one poster so eliquently wrote and others who thingk once again you have over exceeded your powers.

PLEASE PUT MY POST BACK<> AS THERE IS NO REASON TO DELETE IT.

As you normally do, you can say what you like nasty about any one, but when they answer you back, you just delete it hoping they will go away.To me that is very cowardly way of working.

Guest luvthai

From what has been posted here about Ear Wigs past money problems, it seems like he should be the last one to give advice for doing a business in thailand. If his ideas are good ones then why hasn't he gotten himself into a good money making business? It just seems silly for him to be advising anyone in these matters.

Gaybutton. Thank you for directing me to your quoted text.

As for the rest of your post, you have your opinion and I have mine. I don't much care what you or anyone else thinks I meant by my post.

"I don't much care what you or anyone else thinks" and there you have it. Autocratic attitude problem. You evidently think the role of Moderator allows you to say or do as you please with impunity, and I imagine you're surprised that anyone would take issue with your post. I would have hoped for better than a dismissive 'I don't much care' when charged with making posts unbecoming a Moderator. If you feel you are misunderstood, explanation is often a better way than confrontation.

Luvthai

You express an opinion that has no doubt gone through the minds of many readers, including mine. I don't disagree with you. Never the less, Moderators in my opinion shouldn't single posters out for sneers or sarcasm. They should be above that. With a 'I much don't care' reply from Gaybutton I'm left to presume he just couldn't help himself swipe at Earwig's posts as he did, revealing perhaps that he still has personal issues with Earwig over the 'original authorship' threads.

Guest wowpow

Now on a lighter note - it is usual to credit an author with his writing not a character in a play thus"

"The world must construe according to its wits; this court must construe according to the law"

Sir Thomas More in A Man for all Seasons by Robert Bolt.

From my memory, ear wig's post contained nothing 'illegal' therefor I construe according to my wits.

You folks can take my post as an unwarranted sneer if you want to. That's your decision. I'm quite impressed that you think you can read my mind.

The truth is that I meant what I wrote. I really will support EarWig if he can do something to get the bar owners, even if it's just one, to make positive changes. I said that and I meant that. If you don't believe that was my intent and you wish to assume that I meant anything different from what I posted, that's your problem.

Gaybutton can you please give me a good reason why youi have del;eted my very good answer to your "unwarranted sneer," as one poster so eliquently wrote and others who thingk once again you have over exceeded your powers.

Try this for size: Your post included personal information about someone. He has already made it clear to me that he did not appreciate it. On this board you do not post personal information about anybody, period. If he wants it posted, he'll do so himself.

That's just one violation. There were others as well. Your post will not be reinstated.

As I said, if you really are going to try to get bar owners to make positive changes, then you'll have full support from me. However, if your posts are going to cause the same kinds of problems as you used to cause, then those posts will be eliminated.

In the future, starting right now, if you have a problem with the way I moderate this board, take it up with me by PM. We're not going to have public arguments about it and if you try I'll eliminate those posts too.