TotallyOz

IPhone works flawlessly overseas

My Iphone has been used a few times in Brazil. The quality of the sound is excellent. The e-mail and data work great and no issues at all. The cost to roam is 1.99 a minute if you have their World Connect Plan. Data is billed at 2 cents a kilobit or 20 a Meg. You can get SMS messages free but it cost 50 cents to send them out. I hope these prices change and I'll be able to use them more in different places especially the data. They have a plan that covers several countries for a set fee but it is not available yet in Brazil or Thailand.

The cost is high but most of the time when you use a phone overseas it is. Skype is still my preferred method of communicating when abroad. It is cheap and easy to use and great quality. I also use Vonage.

Anyone else travel with their Iphone have any positive or negative experiences?

Guest Stephan
My Iphone has been used a few times in Brazil. The quality of the sound is excellent. The e-mail and data work great and no issues at all. The cost to roam is 1.99 a minute if you have their World Connect Plan. Data is billed at 2 cents a kilobit or 20 a Meg. You can get SMS messages free but it cost 50 cents to send them out. I hope these prices change and I'll be able to use them more in different places especially the data. They have a plan that covers several countries for a set fee but it is not available yet in Brazil or Thailand.

The cost is high but most of the time when you use a phone overseas it is. Skype is still my preferred method of communicating when abroad. It is cheap and easy to use and great quality. I also use Vonage.

Anyone else travel with their Iphone have any positive or negative experiences?

How about unlocking the phone as the 17 years old kid did a short while ago ?

It seems working fine with any service provider worldwide. You might want to give it a try, that would save you a bunch of money for sure

Stef

How about unlocking the phone as the 17 years old kid did a short while ago ?

It seems working fine with any service provider worldwide. You might want to give it a try, that would save you a bunch of money for sure

Stef

LOL You know I can't even unlock my own safe in Thailand and have to get one of the boys to do it. Do you really think I can open a cell phone with all the detail and get it right? LOL Tell you what, why don't we practice on yours? ^_^ LOL

Guest Stephan
LOL You know I can't even unlock my own safe in Thailand and have to get one of the boys to do it. Do you really think I can open a cell phone with all the detail and get it right? LOL Tell you what, why don't we practice on yours? ^_^ LOL

:P the smart ass in me... wouldn't help to unlock the Iphone.. Way too complicated lol