Gaybutton

Another Raid - But Not the Bars This Time - It Was at Tuk.Com

The following appears in the PATTAYA CITY NEWS:

_____

Mobile Phone Shops at the Tuk.Com Center Raided by District Licensing Officials

We joined Police Captain Prasert from Pattaya Police Station who was backing-up a group of Banglamung District Officials from the Business Licensing Unit, as they conducted a raid of second-hand mobile phone shops at the Tuk.Com Center on the South Pattaya Road.

Checks for operating licenses including specific licenses relating to the sale of mobile phones were checked and after the operation was over, one man was detained after his shop was found not to have the correct documentation. Khun Prachayar aged 27 was taken to Pattaya Police Station and then Banglamung City Hall for processing.

A number of other shop owners ran away when they saw the officials arriving and Police will follow up these individuals at a later date.

Guest jimnbkk

A raid. Right!

They had to walk past all the stalls selling fake CDs and DVDs, and avert their eyes when they walked past the stalls selling pirated computer software.

If the police were serious about keeping things on the up-and-up in Tuk Com, they'd have to close the place down.

Hmmmmm! As I recall, the telephone shops are on the 2nd (1st for some our European friends), whereas the CD's etc are on upper floors -- so it would not have been necessary to pass the other shops for the raid.

Sorry, couldn't resist -- in fact I tend to agree, if the "order of the day" was to check shops selling telephones, it wouldn't matter that adjacent shops were selling pirated software. :blink:

Hmmmmm! As I recall, the telephone shops are on the 2nd (1st for some our European friends), whereas the CD's etc are on upper floors -- so it would not have been necessary to pass the other shops for the raid.

On the last time I went there for completing my "Single Hits" collection, some of the guys selling CD's were absolute stunners .

Has anyone tried to go further with them ?

On the last time I went there for completing my "Single Hits" collection, some of the guys selling CD's were absolute stunners .

Has anyone tried to go further with them ?

:rolleyes: <EG>

john