Gaybutton

Another Bombing in Bangkok

Details, so far, are sketchy, but here's the story, from THE NATION:

_____

Bomb Explosion at a Bangkok Theatre

Bomb explosion damaged public telephone booths and injured no one at a theatre on Monday night.

The blast destroyed three telephone booths in front of Major Cineplex Ratchayothin at about 11.30 pm. There was no report of injuries. The theatre was one of ten targets attacked by bomb explosion on New Year's Eve.

Guest Boxer

Details, so far, are sketchy, but here's the story, from THE NATION:

_____

Bomb Explosion at a Bangkok Theatre

Bomb explosion damaged public telephone booths and injured no one at a theatre on Monday night.

The blast destroyed three telephone booths in front of Major Cineplex Ratchayothin at about 11.30 pm. There was no report of injuries. The theatre was one of ten targets attacked by bomb explosion on New Year's Eve.

I wonder if this was the one that tried to cover up the bombing New Year by not reporting it for a few days and asking the Police NOT to name the venue???

Here are the latest details:

_____

BANGKOK, April 10 (TNA)

Thai police have not concluded that a bomb outside a Bangkok shopping and cinema complex Monday night is related to the New Year's Eve bombings in the capital, but they believe it was designed to raise the level of fear and apprehension in an already troubled time.

Police said they believe that the latest bombing at Major Ratchayothin complex was apparently aimed to cause fear among the public.

Visiting Phaholyothin police station to seek details in the case, Assistant National Police Commissioner Lt-Gen. Jongrak Juthanont said the attacker apparently worked at night when the site was clear of casual passersby, and therefore did not intend to kill anyone.

The small and low-powered bomb was aimed to threaten the public and possibly to cause panic rather than kill passersby. Police are gathering evidence and questioning witnesses.

The small bomb packed in a plastic bottle was placed in a phone booth in front of the shopping and cinema complex, and caused no injuries.

Major Ratchayothin was one of nine locations in Bangkok and Nonthaburi, bombed on New Year's Eve.

Three people were killed and nearly 40 people were wounded in the New Year's incidents, including nine foreigners.

(TNA)-E004

_____

The following appears in THE NATION:

_____

Police Question Taxi Driver over Bomb Attack at Movie Theatre

Police are questioning a taxi driver who parked his vehicle in front of a Bangkok movie theatre just minutes before a bomb exploded there on Monday night.

The blast that took place just before midnight at Major Cineplex Theatre Ratchayothin destroyed three street-side public telephone booths but injured no one.

The theatre was one of the sites attacked by bomb explosions in Bangkok on the New Year's Eve, killing three people and wounding more than 40.

The taxi driver, Wirat Jansa, turned himself at about 9.20 am but denied that he is not involved in the attack.

He claimed that he tried to get customer at the spot but a police officer booked him for parking at the prohibited area. The officer ordered him to go to the police station to pay for the ticket. With the officer in his car, he was driving to the police station when he heard a boom behind him.

The officer then got off his taxi to investigate the scene, he said. Later his taxi centre radioed him to report himself with police. "I think that it is all about the booking but it turned to be that police wanted to question me about the bomb attack," he said.

Meanwhile Deputy Police Chief Lt Col Jongrak Jutanont who visited the site said that there was no no claims of responsibility for the explosions, which police believed was not meant to cause fatalities.

"It was meant to threaten and cause confusion," Jongrak said. He described the bomb as a "noisemaker" packed with gunpowder but no nails or other sharp objects.

He said police are investigating, but they have not yet been able to pinpoint a motive.

Prakit Prachonpatjanuk, secretary-general of the National Security Council, said that initial investigations indicated that the bombing might have been the result of a personal conflict and did not appear to be linked to Muslim insurgent violence in Thailand's deep south.

Guest noy9000

It happened last night, near 2300.

I was at Saphan Kwai, the first bombing.

I was at Imperial Mall, the 2nd day (from first bombing)

I was at Major Ratchayothin yesterday.

I should write a text book.

Guest buaseng

It happened last night, near 2300.

I was at Saphan Kwai, the first bombing.

I was at Imperial Mall, the 2nd day (from first bombing)

I was at Major Ratchayothin yesterday.

Better still get yourself some very dark sunglasses and a hoodie !! :lol:

Perhaps you should. What a set of coincidences! You're not alone in that. Robert Lincoln, the son of Abraham Lincoln, was in the White House the night his father was assassinated. He was present and an eyewitness to President James Garfield's assassination. He was present when President William McKinley was assassinated. He was present when New York City Mayor William Gaynor was shot during an assassination attempt. Sounds like a similar set of circumstances is happening to you.

Guest noy9000

I think something happened yesterday too, near Ratchayothin area.

I heard a gun shot (at the junction towards Kasetsart University), than people were chasing after a gunner.

Guest kenrfc

I think something happened yesterday too, near Ratchayothin area.

I heard a gun shot (at the junction towards Kasetsart University), than people were chasing after a gunner.

Aw geez, thats nuthin. I live in San Francisco and I hear gunshots at least once a week!

Come to the US and hang out in a school or University. You might catch the next mass murder.

Thailand looks safer every day.... :blink:

Guest pingalicker

Thailand is safer, and it is safer everyday. I live in Las Vegas, and the crime here is very bad and getting worse. I always feel safe when I'm in Thailand. I do not always feel safe here in Vegas. I walk in BKK at 3am and really enjoy it. I would not think of walking anywhere in Las Vegas escept the strip at that hour.