caeron

Caroline Kennedy

To be fair, Paterson never wanted to be governor and only landed their by default.

And none of us here can really throw stones at Spitzer.

I can. Spitzer was a hypocrite. Nobody here cares, I'm sure, that he hired prostitutes. They care that he did it while riding his high horse (and prosecuting prostitution rings himself).

Guest StuCotts
To be fair, Paterson never wanted to be governor and only landed their by default.

I can sympathize with that. But he came to the office with apparent professional intelligence, judgment and ethics to his credit, all now down the crapper with a single flush. Those of us who were rooting for him to succeed are disappointed to furious. I think he can kiss godbye any notion he might have of running successfully in 2010. On the hopeful side, there's no telling what conditions may prevail by that election day.

I think he can kiss godbye any notion he might have of running successfully in 2010. On the hopeful side, there's no telling what conditions may prevail by that election day.

One of today's NYT editorialists opines that this fiasco may well have lit Cuomo's fuse to challenge the governor for the Dem nomination, next election.

Guest StuCotts
One of today's NYT editorialists opines that this fiasco may well have lit Cuomo's fuse to challenge the governor for the Dem nomination, next election.

By my lights, Cuomo is by a long shot the best-qualified candidate to run for either the Senate or the Governor's office, for all the good that's done him so far.