TotallyOz

Learning the Language

After my last trip to Brazil and hanging out with FloridaRob and BigDaddy, I really do understand the importance of knowing the language. They were able to accomplish so much more than me as they could speak with the boys and not rely on one or two word phrases. As I want to spend a great deal more time in Brazil this year and in the years to come, I want to learn the language.

I have purchased the Rosetta Stone DVD's and they are nice but just getting started.

BigDaddy recommended http://www.pimsleurapproach.com/ as he said the CD's were all he needed to learn what he needed to know.

I am also willing to spend a month or two in an intensive language school in the country. Anyone ever done this before? Recommendations?

I saw a few in Sao Paulo and there were 2 I wanted to visit but refused to give me the address until I filled out an online application. I stayed away from those schools. I am willing to do a school in any city as long as it has a decent hotel and some sauna boys.^_^ Any suggestions?

Or, any other recommendations on other courses?