Guest namjai

trojan horse and hacker

Guest namjai

After finally being able to utilize the PM section, I logged back on a few hours later and my security system blocked a trojan horse in the pm section and messages...also, it looks as if somebody hacked my old password and deleted my old messges and added a new one which was directed to WhiZio regarding some "nice pics". Don't know WhiZio or recall looking at any of his pics.

Anyway, read this and beware! :angry:

Not sure it is a trojan horse. I got an e-mail from Stef that said you thought it was in the Contact Us page? I have tested that on several computers and different browsers and nothing.

There may be some issues since the site move with missing PM's etc related to forum. The programmers are working on that but there is no way to retrieve them at all. We have also been watching closely this and not gotten any other incidences. If anyone has any similar problems, please e-mail us at: gaythailand@gmail.com. Thanks.

The programmers are looking into this. We think it has to do with the banner ads but there are no viruses there. Sometimes Nortan and McAfee read banner rotations this way. The programmers are looking at this today. Thanks.

Guest lvdkeyes

What happened to my posting from today regarding my antivirus allerting me to the Trojan Horse Virus when I clicked on PROFILES????????

Guest namjai

I am happy to say that all of my options on this board are now working. I do not receive any more "trojan" warnings and all of my PM archives are complete; new messages, outgoing and incoming are processing correctly!

Stef and company...Thank you very much for the emails and listening to my rants!!!

:D

Guest stef

I am happy to say that all of my options on this board are now working. I do not receive any more "trojan" warnings and all of my PM archives are complete; new messages, outgoing and incoming are processing correctly!

Stef and company...Thank you very much for the emails and listening to my rants!!!

:D

You are more than welcome. I just do apologize one more time for the delay it took for this to get resolved.

Now I am not getting any virus warning either as I use a Mac computer. But I am still working on it

Thanks for your patience.

Stef

I appreciate all the attention to our site on the issue of the Virus from our friends at Bath-Stop. It is nice to know that one of their most popular threads is dedicated to GayThailand.com. GayButtton, the voice of reason, tried to put out the fire to no avail.

We take all instances of a virus on the server very serious. When it first came to our attention, we had the hosting company run a complete scan of not only the site but also the entire server. They found nothing that was suspicious. We also had the programmers check things out and according to them; there was nothing on the site that could be considered a virus. They did find that one banner at the top left was in a continuous loop instead of rotating as it should. They fixed this problem and we have had no other reports of viruses of any kind.

Some of the posters on Bath-Stop say they got a virus on this site but in the past said they never visit the site. If you don’t visit the site, it would seem impossible to have a virus from the site. Either you were not honest when you said you were not going to visit the site or you are dishonest now when you say you got a virus from the site.

The site sits on a server and behind an expensive well-protected firewall. That does not mean it is hacker safe. It means it is very difficult to get anything beyond the firewall. We also keep running the virus updates on a regular basis to maintain the safety of the site and server.

Both Stef and I use Mac computers so we did not see any alerts or problems. When we first heard of issues, we immediately contacted the hosting company and the programmers to try to replicate the problem. They were unable to do this. When we were told it was on the first page of the site, we had the programmers run a bug test of the site and they found the continuous loop error in the left top banner and fixed it. Since then, we have had no complaints. This was all done and finished Day 1 since we heard off the issue. We have heard no other complaints since then. If you have experienced anything since that day, please e-mail me at: gaythailand@gmail.com this is the e-mail we use for business purposes and we check it many times each day.

I do not deny that there was an issue. We have just been unable to find any virus at all. The loop error was the result of a programming glitch. It was not dangerous and did not affect any other computer. If there were more I could tell you I would. I just don’t know what to say when we are unable to replicate the problem and the system has been run 3 times for virus issues and we cannot find one. However, Snowy and Catawampus are the most reliable posters for the Baht-Stop and their word is gold in my book, so I would most definitely trust them and heed their advice on this. BTW: I read Cat’s post to say that he once picked up a virus and he did not state that it was on GayThailand.com. His message was ambiguous where he got it and so I will assume it was from another site or e-mail. I know what a pain in the ass that is as when I had a Window’s computer, I had issues all the time.

If anyone ever experiences any problems, please e-mail us at gaythailand@gmail.com. We will answer you and help and assist in any way possible.

Guest Hedda

I have stayed out of this thread because I don't know enough about the technical apsects of what's being discussed to add any expertise. In view of what I have been reading here, however, I add this observation:

For several days prior to the onset of the first problems noted on GayThailand and then Bahtstop, I was not able to post on GayThailand board. I could sign in, and the name "Hedda" would appear as logged in, but I could not post, nor could I send a message. I tried several times without success, logging on and off.

At no time did I ever receive any notice of a virus alert, even though I have several programs that should have alerted me if there was a problem. I also ran a virus scan since then, with no virus detected. I can also now post again, as witness this post.