Guest lurkerspeaks

Have the garotos raised their prices?

Guest lurkerspeaks

I remember reading on another site that a recent visitor to Rio paid between $R70-100 to the sauna boys for a programma.. I remember last year that while most boys ask for that much or more, they usually would agree to $R50.. So my question is for any recent visitors to Rio..have the boys really raised their prices, or did that other poster simply not negotiate..

I don't think I paid a single guy more than the $R50 reias price, but I did tip $R10-20 depending on the "quality" of our time together.

Guest tomcal

NO they haven't raised their prices! This has been going on for the past 8 years I have been going to Brazil! The guys will always ask for more and a majority of the Americans pay it. it's a case for them of You Never Know Unless You Ask!

In 2001 they would ask $100R the same as many do today! If a new guy who I haven't been with before says $100.R. I always smile say thank you but no. I would guess 90% of the time they go "ok $50.R.

I was just down in Aug and going back next week and when I was there in August it was very competitive in the suanas for the boys, they were very happy to get %50. and remember the locals only pay and they only ask for $35.-40 It's the same way in Sao Paulo and Porto Alegre(although at Lagoa sauna in S.P. many more will ask for %100.+ at Fragata sauna in S.P. the guys were consistantly asking $50.R)

It's always surprised me how Americans agree to the higher price without even neogtiating and the guys know this. I will admit that since I go often and know alot of guys, they usually don't do this to me, I pay for a 15hr.(10:00 pm to 1:00 pm the next day), overnight $150R. So why would anyone pay that much for 40 mins in a sauna, but I know Americans that do. I have one friend who always pays $100.R even though he knows we pay $50!, he just can't say no, he doesn't like negotiation.

A question of simple curiosity:

Why do they charge only R$150 for such a long overnight? Can't they do more than three R$50 sessions in a 15 hours period?

1) Your making a assumption that they can find 3 customers in one evening! there are usually 5 to 10 working guys per customer, I would guess 1/2 the local customers that go don't hire regularly, but go to socialize/drink and see naked guys. Most guys do one or none programmas in a evening. I can't tell you how many times guys who I know from previous visits will come up to me at the checkout desk and say "can you possibly pay my entrada, $10R, I didn't have any business tonight!" Last Sunday night at 117 there were at least 35 guys working maybe 40, there were about 25 customers, of which I would say 20 or less were hiring.

Also they don't charge $150R. that's what I pay, big difference. If you just went up to a guy in the sauna and asked "How much to stay at my hotel tonight?" they would probably start much higher. My experience as been that they are very happy with 125 to 150R.

2)Dinner and sleeping in a hotel is usually preferable to where they normally sleep. So they enjoy have a quiet comfortable room which is very different fromt he noisy neighborhoods they live in. As a example the guy who stayed with me three nights shares a 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment with 8 guys! He said they have a rule that when you enter the bathroom the others count to 30 and than start pounding on the door. This past week everyone that stayed overnight spent at least an hour in the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom! They also like the roof top pool. I do know of several situations where the boy stayed the minimum amount of time and it's always been the case where the client was a sterotypical bitchy queen! If you are respectful to the guys and they enjoy your company, it's been my experience that you are the one trying to get them to leave the room the next afternoon so you can head to the sauna! LOL