Guest aot87

great thai food

Where in pattaya can u get great thai food , and by this i dont mean a roadside takeaway

It depends on what you're looking for. Many people recommend the open-air restaurant on Second Road, right by Pattayaland Soi 2.

Many recommend the Leng Kee restaurant on Central Road (Pattaya Klang).

If you like seafood, most of the seafood restaurants on Walking Street are excellent and the prices are quite reasonable.

At the Bali Hai Pier end of Walking Street, many people love the Vientiane restaurant. There is a second location for the Vientiane Restaurant at the junction of South Road (Pattaya Tai) and Soi Korpai. It's about 150 yards before you get as far as the Big-C on Pattaya Tai.

If you have access to a car, the seafood restaurant at Bang Sare (pronounced "bahng sa-LAY") is a great place, right on the water with a panoramic view of Pattaya. To get there you would go south on Sukhumvit Highway and look for the right turn about a mile beyond the Nong Nooch park.

Several people recommend the P.C. Kitchen, just off Second Road, near Central Road. If you are coming from Pattayaland, look for sign on the left.

If you want a choice between Thai food and "farang" food, both the Amor restaurant and Cherry's include Thai menus, and are popular with the Thais. You can view the menu for the Amor on their web site at: http://www.amorrestaurant.com .

If you would like a traditional Thai dancing show along with your dinner, I recommend the Ruen Thai restaurant, next door to Casa Pascal. An even better one, in my opinion, is the Thai House restaurant on North Road (Pattaya Nua). The prices are on par with most other Thai restaurants. You don't end up paying a lot more for the show.

Outside of those and recommendations others may post, in my opinion Thai food is Thai food. To me, the average Thai restaurants are pretty much the same as most other Thai restaurants.

Guest GayPattayan

Just a note to comment that "my" Ken and his buddy Kim who together run the Non Cafe on Soi 17, "just around the corner" from Soi 16, and across from Odd the Barber and a new beauty salon and a new Family Mart, have excellent (in my opinion) Thai food, presently with a special 75 baht for the Thai food that is always good to me! Even though I usually prefer Western foods, Ken and Kim do a very nice job of serving good Thai food at a very moderate price.

G.P. (Allen)

Guest namjai

Directly accross the street from Howard's Guest House is a small resturant which serves very good Thai food. The prices are a bit higher than the norm, but in my opinion well worth it.

Guest lvdkeyes

Personally, I like Cabbages and Condoms, both for food and atmosphere.

As far as Ruen Thai is concerned, I would skip it. The food and service was deplorable when I was there.

As far as Ruen Thai is concerned, I would skip it. The food and service was deplorable when I was there.

I agree with lvdkeyes about that. The last time I was there was about four years ago, but I don't recall anything particularly interesting about the restaurant other than the show. However, for those in Pattaya without their own transportation, it's within easy walking distance of most of the popular gay hotels.

I think Thai House is much better, but also much more difficult getting there without your own transportation. If you don't mind motorcycle taxis, then it's no problem. If you won't use the motorcycle taxis, then you'll have to get there by baht bus. Take a baht bus north on Second Road. Go to North Road (Pattaya Nua). If you're lucky, the bus will turn right on North Road. If not, then you'll have to take a second baht bus, going up North Road in the direction of Sukhumvit Highway. You'll spot it on the right side of North Road, shortly after you pass the first traffic signal.