Guest lectricman11

First trip to LOS

Guest lectricman11

My other half and I just returned from our first trip to LOS. We spent 18 wonderful days both in BKK and Pattaya. I just have to tell everyone that this was absolutely the most incredible vacation we have ever had! The people, the scenery, the boys, etc. were nothing short of fantastic. We are already planning our next trip and plan on staying longer next time. I have, for the last 10 months, since booking our trip, been reading the message board on this sight and must comment that a lot of the information I read was very helpful. We didn't know anyone in BKK but with all the lists I printed out from this sight and others, it was a breeze. I have a friend who lives in Pattaya and was treated to the most fantastic time anyone could ask for. (especially the Thai bar-b-que at the pool with all the boys!) We are planning on returning to Pattaya in February for another 3 weeks and make side trips to Phuket and Chang Mai. I plan on continuing to read the posts on this board and may even make more . I've been sitting in the back in the dark long enough! In short, thank all of you for your informative, although sometimes a little dramatic, posts and I look forward to maybe meeting some of you on our next journey to LOS. :)

I'm delighted to know that you had such a wonderful holiday in Thailand. There's nothing like that first time. Thank you for posting about it. Despite the 'drama' that appears on these boards so often, most people who are living here or are familiar enough are always willing to be of help. Please feel free to contact us with any questions, problems, or concerns you may have.

You did not say where you are from, but if you are from the USA, I'd like to suggest that you contact Rhonda, of Norcross Travel, when you are ready to arrange your next flight to Thailand. I've been recommending her for many years because she specializes in travel to Thailand and she always seems to come up with airfares hundreds of dollars less than people are able to find any other way. Her toll free number in the USA is 1-888-888-7157.

February is high tourist season in Thailand. I suggest that you start making your bookings at least three months in advance of your trip to be assured of getting the flights and hotels you prefer.

We'll see you in February and I know how much you are already looking forward to it.

Guest pingalicker

Thank you lectricman11 for sharing you & your partners recent trip to LOS. I remember my first trip (Feb 05) like it was yesterday and am now planning my 6th trip for Sept 07. When I returned from my first trip, my thoughts were along the lines of "LOS is the place I want to live, die, retire to, vacation at".... Not quite ready to retire yet, so I make 2 trips of 25 days each year. This website has been most helpful and informative to me also. I'm a big boxing fan, that is half the reason I live in Las Vegas. My favorite type of boxing is Muay Thai kick-boxing, and go to fights at least every other night while in LOS. When I return to USA, English style boxing seems so tame. Same with the night life. Same with the food. Same with a walk in the park etc etc etc. I feel so alive and safe when in Thailand, I feel like I "belong" there. It is difficult to put my feelings into words, but after reading your post, I just was reminded of my feelings after that first wonderful trip.

Two questions, any plans on traveling to Koh Samui? And where was the bar-b-que at the pool with all the boys?

Guest mgluyas

I must agree, I did exactly the same thing prior to my first trip to Thailand in Febuary this year. Every one on thius sight gave me great advise and it helped make my trip all that better. Yes I would like to know where the pool was with the hotel. I must admit that Pattaya really missed the pool thing. I am also going back next Febuary

Love

Michael

Guest pete1969

What a nice post. Most of understand what you mean about Thailand being "the place".

I am trying very hard to create a situation where I can move to LOS full time (creating a business that will actually support me and challenge me). Many people ask why I want to live in Thailand fulltime and why I look at it as my permanent home, and I always say that there is really nothing I miss in the US when I am in Thailand and many things I miss in Thailand when I am in the US.

Within two years, I should be living in Thailand full time, and I won't ever look back. My friends are the only thing I'd miss, and as most of my closest ones are scattered about the globe, I figure they will find more excuses to visit me in LOS than they would anywhere I lived in the US.

Pete

Guest lectricman11

Thanks guys for all your postings. I did forget to mention that we are from Texas (buckle of the Bible belt). The trip we took to LOS was for my partners 40th birthday. He has been having trouble with the fact that he's now 40 and the trip to BKK and Pattaya was just what he needed to let him know that he is still as sexy and vibrant as he always has been. We have been together for almost 10 years and travel quite a bit. The Trip to LOS was by far and above the best trip we have ever taken. I also know what you are talking about when you talk about retirement in Thailand. It has been on my mind as well since our return. We have a good friend who lives in Pattaya and recently built a fabulous new home at Cozy beach. Thats where the bar-b-que was with all the boys. As far as our next trip in February, I am making plans to get the trip booked now as we fly on airline mileage and it is necessary to book as soon as possible due to the fact that airlines have limited seats available. We are planning a 3 week stay and will probably stay at the same hotel ( Le Cafe Royale). Tom there was exceptionally gracious as well as their entire staff. The suites were by far exceptional as well.

I would love to meet you all in February when we return. Maybe we could all get together for cocktails at one of the local Pattaya watering holes. I have also made plans to carry a small piece of rope with me next time so I'll have something to tie the other half up to get him on the plane when it's time to come home! LOL. He did not want to go and has even gone so far as to buy a Thai language course so he can at least maybe learn a little bit before we go back. I don't think either of us has ever had a single destination affect us the way our trip to LOS has. We've been home 2 weeks and it is still fresh in my mind as the day we left. See you all soon.

My recent trip to LOS was my fifteenth so I guess it's been a few years (but I've gone a couple of times in a few years and even went three times one year). And it's hard to describe how helpful some of the then-existing boards were to me. Although I liked Dreaded Ned's board, I thought GB's board was definitely the most helpful to me on that first foray. Other than the message board itself, GB had

many lengthier articles which I found most helpful. And, later, GP's message board was also helpful.

I'll always be thankful for the information GB, GP, and Ned provided.

I very much appreciate that, Bob. I still have all of those articles available if anyone wants any of them. Some are a little out of date, but if anyone wants any of those, I'll update them before sending them.

The two most frequently requested articles are "How to Obtain the Retirement Visa" and "How to Obtain a Thai Driver's License."

I am always happy to send copies of any of my articles upon request. If anyone wants any, just let me know which ones or let me know your questions and I'll either try to answer them and/or send the appropriate article.

Please send any requests to me at my E-mail address: gaybutton@gmail.com