bkkguy

Has Spike spat the dummy

sawatdee forum seems to be down - do dns, no nothing.

has Spike finally pulled the plug?

After he closed a thread on the pronunciation of pattaya calling everyone "a bunch of pricks" and saying he had better things to do with his time the forum went into "admin post" only on all forums and now the whole site seems to be gone completely!

bkkguy

After he closed a thread on the pronunciation of pattaya calling everyone "a bunch of pricks" and saying he had better things to do with his time the forum went into "admin post" only on all forums and now the whole site seems to be gone completely!

I just gave it a try after reading your post. It opened right up for me. I don't know why, but sometimes various sites are blocked by some servers within Thailand and are untouched by other servers. Your guess is as good as mine as to why.

I also had a look at the post to which you referred. Part of Elephantspike's message reads: "I'm closing this thread. I'm probably going to close the board soon, too, because most of you guys are complete pricks, and I have better things to do with my time."

Guest wowpow

"..... and I didn't mean most. I just meant some, and would have been better left unsaid. It's just that when the only two busy threads on the board are nasty slug-fests, it kind of depresses me to even have to read it. I don't have any intention of everr shutting it down, though. My apologies to the vast majority of posters here who are not complete pricks." Elephantspike

I don't think any of us have never become depressed by some posters and the unwise temptation to reply is almost irresistible ( totally so for some ) and one writes something that one later regrets - just after the delete button times out.

I would like to start a campaign to sort out some expletives for gays. Now Gays mostly love pricks, asses, wanking etc but follow the breeders usage. I suppose we should encourage words such as pussy, c***, tit etc - if one has to resort to vile and obscene English - the refuge of the non erudite if you ask me.

Now look I'm off my own topic.