TotallyOz

Totally Oz's Accountability Log

Day 1: Monday Oct 18

I started a new diet today. Well, it is not really a diet as much as a way to track my weight loss progress. I don't like typical diets and never did really well with them. What I did well with was eating a balance of protein and carbs consistently throughout the day while eating little sugar. I would say it is kind of a zone approach. I'll try to eat 5 small meals per day. I'll also try to do exercise of some sort every day.

I have a program called Perfect Diet Tracker. It keeps track of my calories for me and tells me where I stand each day on my goals. I will limit myself to 2100 calories per day. If I eat more, then I need to exercise more. In other words, if I eat an extra 1,000 calories, I need to exercise that off to keep on track.

I have attached my first day today. It shows what I ate and when. It also shows my exercise. I did 40 minutes plus on the elliptical and stationary bike. I did keep within my goal today.

Monday Oct 19th 2010.pdf

Guest NeedSome

A Quarter Pounder only has 417 calories? Including the bun and condiments. Who knew?

I'm sure you know this, but I'd try to get the fiber intake up. AHA recommends 25 grams a day. Eating a lot of fiber just makes life so much more bearable.

A Quarter Pounder only has 417 calories? Including the bun and condiments. Who knew?

I'm sure you know this, but I'd try to get the fiber intake up. AHA recommends 25 grams a day. Eating a lot of fiber just makes life so much more bearable.

A Quarter Pounder is not that bad. It is full of fat. But, it is OK in a tight squeeze. I take away the mayonnaise and ketchup. The cheese is another 110 calories. That is a lot for a little pleasure. I always forgo the fries which are zero healthy.

I take vitamins that have fiber in them as well. I agree, it makes life bearable. ^_^

• Members

AHA recommends 25 grams a day. Eating a lot of fiber just makes life so much more bearable.

It is impossible to eat 25 grams/day unless you are a cow. I know. :o Takes supplements. The only problem with supplements is that they taste like grass or wrose. :(

Guest NeedSome

It is impossible to eat 25 grams/day unless you are a cow. I know. :o Takes supplements. The only problem with supplements is that they taste like grass or wrose. :(

Hardly impossible. I get there just about every day without supplements. A bowl of Fiber One has 15 grams.

Or perhaps I'm just a cow.

I only have one question.

How many Diet Cokes have you had since arriving in Brazil?????

LOL Are you ready for this? Not one sauna has Diet Coke. No fast food places have them. My hotel doesn't have them. They all have Coke Zero and I hate it.

The only thing they have here is Diet Coke Plus and that is at the mall. I buy it but it is not the same. I had withdrawals for a few days but I am only have about 3 of the Diet Coke Plus per day. Much better than the 23 I had before. ^_^

Guest zipperzone

LOL Are you ready for this? Not one sauna has Diet Coke. No fast food places have them. My hotel doesn't have them. They all have Coke Zero and I hate it.

The only thing they have here is Diet Coke Plus and that is at the mall. I buy it but it is not the same. I had withdrawals for a few days but I am only have about 3 of the Diet Coke Plus per day. Much better than the 23 I had before. ^_^

Try water - it works just as well.