Guest wowpow

Wild West and Crystal Bars slash their drink prices

Guest wowpow

Wild West Bar and Crystal bar are now charging only 99 baht a drink up to 10 p.m. After 10 p.m. the price reverts to the original 150 baht a drink and you can watch the show.

It is reported on Sawatdee that after 10 p.m. the price is 300 baht but this is in error.

I was in Crystal bar this evening and I confirmed the prices with the Manager of both bars and double checked by asking the Mamasan, the boys and checking my modest bin. There were many handsome muscular guys there.

Guest wowpow

I was concerned when I read, on Sawatdee, that some observed customers brought in by touts being charged 300 baht a drink. Last night after posting I sent an e-mail to Wild West - their address is on their website.

"Hello,

It has been reported on several gay Thai forums that your bars Wild West and Crystal are now charging 99 baht a drink up to 10 p.m. and 300 baht after that.

Your manager told me this evening that you are charging 150 baht after 10 p.m. NOT 300 baht. Others have reported that you are charging 300 baht a drink when a tout brings customers into the bar.

I would appreciate confirmation of you real charges,

Thanks,

I got this reply by return:

Thank your for your email.

Yes we are charging 99B on our regular drink during our happy hour and that is from 8 until 10pm in the evening and it is clearly posted inside Crystal and WWB. And then after 10pm, regular drinks are at regular price which is 150B and not 300B.

BUT, there are lots of tout around town and if they bring in customer they were the one dealing with them with regards to the drink price. Some customers agreed to pay 200 or 250 or 300 on their FIRST DRINK. If they order 2nd, 3rd, 4th drink, amount is regular. So on their next visit they know that regular drink is on 150.

Thank you again.

Best Regards,

Maike

I never heard of this 'tout sets the price' happening elsewhere. In Bangkok the touts get 100 baht a customer but then all the drink prices are 200 baht+ and groups like BBB refuse to pay the touts. It seems, to me, an unattractive practice which is open to abuse.

I've never heard of such a thing either. I've also never had a tout discuss drink prices with me and I've never overheard a tout discussing drink prices with anyone else. I've also never had anyone tell me they have had that happen, so I don't know where that is coming from. One thing is certain: If a tout ever tries to tell me that drinks are 300 baht, that's one bar I wouldn't patronize. There might be good looking boys in that bar, but there are also good looking in plenty of other bars where you don't get ripped-off like that.

I can't speak for bar owners, but if I was a bar owner and I found out that any of my employees were ripping-off my customers, that's one employee who wouldn't be working there anymore. If anyone out there does feel that he was ripped-off, whether by a tout, a waiter, a dancer, a mama-san, or anyone else working in that bar, then I would take the problem to the bar owner. If I don't get a satisfactory response, as I said there are plenty of other bars.

In any case, I'm glad the pricing policy at Wild West Boys has been made clear.