OneFinger

What Have You Lost?

• Members

Since finding this forum I realize there are several of us on a similar journey. Below is an list of weight equivalents that has really helped me realize and understand the magnitude of what I've been carry around.

So, what have each of you lost? As of today I've lost a 5000 BTU air conditioner (based on my all-time highest weight).

Your weight loss =

1 pound = a Guinea Pig

1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts

2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs

3 pounds = an average human brain

4 pounds = an ostrich egg

5 pounds = a Chihuahua

6 pounds = a human's skin

7.5 pounds = an average newborn

8 pounds = a human head

10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year

11 pounds = an average house cat

12 pounds = a Bald Eagle

15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs

16 pounds = a sperm whale's brain

20 pounds = an automobile tire

23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year

24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream

30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year

33 pounds = a cinder block

36 pounds = a mid-size microwave

40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg

44 pounds = an elephant's heart

50 pounds = a small bale of hay

55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner

60 pounds = an elephant's penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)

66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year

70 pounds = an Irish Setter

77 pounds = a gold brick

80 pounds = the World's Largest Ball of Tape

90 pounds = a newborn calf

100 pounds = a 2 month old horse

111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year

117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she's 5'11")

118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica

120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month

130 pounds = a newborn giraffe

138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year

140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year

144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she's 5'4")

150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary

187 pounds = an average adult man

200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds

235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger

300 pounds = an average football lineman

400 pounds = a Welsh pony

Guest NeedSome

Elephants are the only mammal that cannot jump.

Oh wait, that's the other thread. In college, I lost more than a 2 month old horse. Kept it off ever since.

An elephants heart for me. I hope to be to the 5000 btu A/C by Christmas.

• Members

Elephants are the only mammal that cannot jump.

Oh wait, that's the other thread. In college, I lost more than a 2 month old horse. Kept it off ever since.

You left out white men. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Well, I hit a milestone this week. I've now lost an elephant's penis and a guinea pig.

If my calculations are right, that's sixty-one pounds, just nine pounds short of an Irish Setter.

Congratulations! thumbsup.png

I probably lost about the same, but it was over a period of five years or so. I'm wondering what changes you've noticed after losing that much. For me it was going up stairs easier, and fitting in some clothes from the back of the closet. Are there any differences you've seen?

• Members

I've now lost a bale of hay and there are very positive changes I see. For a couple of years I thought I had knee problems and could only go down stairs by holding onto the hand rail. Now I can do stairs without holding on so the knee problems were only a case of fatassitis. Since it is 11 degrees this morning in the mountains I can tell I have lost insulation and feel the cold much easier now. And best of all I just plain feel better and of course clothes that were not even in my master bedroom closet but in the basement are now fitting. It's all worth the suffering I had to go through to feel better and is the carrot to dangle out front to keep going.

• Members

...I'm wondering what changes you've noticed after losing that much. For me it was going up stairs easier, and fitting in some clothes from the back of the closet. Are there any differences you've seen?

Funny you should ask because I just noticed a big change today. I take the train to work every morning and usually sit on the aisle (couldn't fit into a window seat with the armrest). Well, today there were no aisle seats and had no choice but a narrow window seat. Couldn't believe that I actually fit and it was comfortable.

I've also noticed the change in the stairs. And, for almost a year now I've had no feeling in my feet due to neuropathy. I now regained much of that feeling.

I feel like I'm being reborn.

• Members

I've now lost a bale of hay and there are very positive changes I see. ...I can tell I have lost insulation and feel the cold much easier now.

Congratulations on your loss. Isn't it amazing?!?

One of the hardest things for me to get used to is being cold all the time. I'm now wearing sweaters at work, turning up the space heater, and I've added another blanket to the bed.

At first I thought maybe I was getting sick. But in comparing notes with co-workers who are on the same program, we're all having cold issues. That's also true for a weight loss support group that I attend. It's just a normal part of the process.

• Members

Over the last thirteen months, I've successfully made the world's largest ball of tape vanish.

I need to loose the 3-pound tub of super premium ice cream. Both figuratively and literally. I am a true ice cream addict. I inhale the stuff. So funny that that weight level is what I need to get rid of before going in for the plastic surgery.

• Members

Over the last thirteen months, I've successfully made the world's largest ball of tape vanish.

I need to loose the 3-pound tub of super premium ice cream. Both figuratively and literally. I am a true ice cream addict. I inhale the stuff. So funny that that weight level is what I need to get rid of before going in for the plastic surgery.

Congrats on losing 80 lbs. That's fantastic.

• Members

I have lost 18 pounds, but most of it was water weight, I have to admit.

Congrats on the 80 pound loss- that's real work.

Thanks. But it was really very easy. The major part was a change in my way of thinking. Huge was discovering the CALORIECOUNT site and learning so much about counting calories, eating healthy and clean, only the smallest amount of "white things" and lean proteins.

I marvel now at how I hate the slimy, fatty feel/taste of anything but skimmed milk, nothing other than low-fat ricotta, etc. With the clean eating has come an appreciation for all things veggie. Carrots, peppers, cucumbers, onions. Just a total shift in how one thinks.

...and of course, fast food no longer exist. Totally(almost)ignored.

• Members

I am just curious how everyone is doing now that we are a couple months past the holidays. With the passing of my mother and some other stressful things in my life I took about 7-8 weeks off from my diet. I only took 2 weeks or so off from the gym and luckily I only gained 2 pounds from my lowest weight. Last week I started back and added 3 days of cardio into the mix which I enjoy much more than the lifting at the gym. So hopefully I am back on track, or at least more or less. 15 pounds to my first goal and then we will go from there to see if my second goal is achievable.

Come on guys, let us know how you are doing.

• Members

Hey, thanks for checking in on us. Very sorry to hear of the passing of your mother and other "stressers". But, you're going great if you only gained 2 lbs through all of that.

I've been waiting to post until I lost one more pound and reached a milestone. But, nothing wrong with revealing now that I've lost 99 lbs!! That's the combined equivalent of a new born calf, an average new born baby, and a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts. (I do miss the donuts.)

My clothes have been literally falling off me and I had to get some shirts and levis. I’ve now gone from a 3X-Tall shirt to a L-Tall and my waist has shrunk from 48 inches to 36”. (Actually the 36” pants are a little tight but they do fit.)

I’m currently at my personal goal size for my waist. But, I still have 10-20 lbs to take off since I still have a little stomach overhang and the dreaded love handles.

• Members

Congratulations to you and OneFinger for taking off so many pounds. thumbsup.png Nice work!

Thanks, lookin. I spent 10 years at my all-time high weight - didn't fluctuate more than a few pounds. I never thought I'd be able to get the weight off.

Now the fun begins as I continue to follow my new eating habits. I don't ever want to get that fat again.