Lucky

Similar Items

• Members

I don't think adding threads that are allegedly similar to the thread one just posted on makes any sense at all. They rarely co-relate, and they are just a nuisance making it hard for me to see the post I just put up. Apologies to whomever created this idea, but it is of no use to me.

Guest FourAces

I don't think adding threads that are allegedly similar to the thread one just posted on makes any sense at all. They rarely co-relate, and they are just a nuisance making it hard for me to see the post I just put up. Apologies to whomever created this idea, but it is of no use to me.

If you are talking about the other threads you might be interested in I basically agree but for different reasons. Yes they rarely relate and to me it looks sloppy.

• Members

Agreed.

• Members

Here are the topics allegedly similar to this one:

What's funny is Rex Reed's review

What becomes of the GOP if it loses this election?

Paul Krugman paints a dark picture

Australian Hottie

Caption This: What are these American Idol finalists doing?

Sarah Palin Book signing in Columbus, Ohio

From One of the Best Brands on the Market to Worst

What a hun...

What a Strange World

"Is Your Baby Gay? What If You Could Know? What If You Could Do Something About It?"

Anybody know what happened to GCN in NYC?

• Members

Well, Lucky, the common denominator for most of the topics you cited is the word "what" in the title. :D Not exactly a useful criteria to select threads for further reading.

On the plus side, the software did seem to understand that "Sarah Palin" correlates with "Nuisance." :thumbsup: Maybe Oz hired left leaning programmers.

Personally, I'd click the off button on this feature.

• Members

I didn't know there was an off button. Do I have to click it on every thread or once enough?

Indeed there is and, thanks to MsGuy, I've found it as well. thumbsup.png

On the right of the Similar Topics banner is either a + sign or a - sign, which can be used to toggle the (allegedly) similar posts on or off. They stay on or off until the next time you toggle. Neat, huh?

I found them rather unrelated as well and chalked it up to a fledgling algorithm that would improve over time, but no sign of that yet.

Still, without the feature, I wouldn't have stumbled upon the doings chez Lucky when the power goes out, and I'd never in a million years have guessed your fantasy upon becoming an Esteemed Member. shocked.png

• Members

Indeed there is and, thanks to MsGuy, I've found it as well. thumbsup.png

LOL, actually, lookin, it's a case of purest serendipity. :P

"Personally, I'd click the off button on this feature" was intended as an indirect way of supporting Lucky's desire for management to turn off the feature. I had no idea any such button existed except on the administration level. :no:

But you followed up on my unintended clue, found the button and the rest is history. I've already used your button myself! :hug:

I was sorely tempted to take undeserved credit for this delightful discovery, but, seeing as it was my hero lookin who did the work (& being exausted by being poked by the few remaining remnants of my conscience all afternoon :poke: ), I felt a full confession was in order. :yes:

Thanks, lookin, for allowing me this opportunity to spend a few hours basking in unearned glory. B) It was wonderful while it lasted.

• Members

Where else could we find such a wonderful and resourceful collection of posters? Here, one offers a polite bitch about a screwed up software feature that inspires sarcasm directed at management, which provokes an adventurous explorer to breach the catacombs of the software features discovering an off switch for the offending feature only after having discovered past posting gems that the software illogically revealed with its scatter shot algorithm.

And we got to meet a queen along the way. :queen: (I decline to be more specfic. )

Who says MER is not unique. :cheer: