TotallyOz

Human Weapon: Muay Thai

There is a great new series out that offers a look into the fighting styles around the world. The first episode of this series is about Muay Thai boxing in the LOS. The documentary takes you to many places in Thailand and gives a bit of the history of the sport and a look inside the modern day sport. It is a very interesting story and is available for download in Itunes.

Guest pingalicker

Yes, it is a great new series. The first episode (I watched it twice it was so good) focused on Muay Thai in Thailand showing Lumpini Stadium and Ratchemdom Stadium. The second show featured fighting styles from the Philipines. I'm a big time boxing fan living in Las Vegas and enjoy going to boxing matches here but more so in Thailand. My favorite style is true Muay Thai boxing, with the live music accompanying the fight and the fans! The whole attmosphere in Lumpini Stadium is so exciting, it is a lot to take in. I almost always sit ring-side and enjoy talking to other farang from around the world and trade travel stories. I also visit the three boxing stadiums on Koh Samui, although not as "top notch" as Lumpini, still is fun. The Human Weapon series described Lumpini Stadium as "Mecca" for Thai boxer's, and it is for fans also.

Yes, it is a great new series. The whole attmosphere in Lumpini Stadium is so exciting, it is a lot to take in.

I could not agree more! I enjoyed my time there and the fights. I have seem the Muay Thai in several cities in Thailand and Lumpini is the best. I also found it interesting that the 2 Americans who are doing the show ended up training in Pattaya at the end with a famous master. Made me wonder if I had ever encountered any of those guys around? ;)

I could not agree more! I enjoyed my time there and the fights. I have seem the Muay Thai in several cities in Thailand and Lumpini is the best. I also found it interesting that the 2 Americans who are doing the show ended up training in Pattaya at the end with a famous master. Made me wonder if I had ever encountered any of those guys around? ;)

Well not only they trained there but the cute one got his butt kicked by the Thai champion. And I bet the Thai boxer held himself pretty much just for the show.

I thought that was cute.

The second show in the phillipines was very nice as well. The Cute one ( wonder why the other one isn't fighting lol) got his finger broken by one of the sticks. Crazy isn't ?

Can't wait for the others shows. One of the martial art I am dying to see on this show, is the Pen shat silat , from Indonesia, which is very tuff as well. Not sure if they will go all around the world..

I am also a fan of fights in Vegas. I am not much into the Boxing style in general but more of a UFC type. I still loved the first series when Royce Gracies kicked everybody's butts by submission.

They have a similar UFC fighting show in Japan , but I can't recall the name and one of the Asian fighter is just So HOOOOOTTTTTTT ( can't recall his name either.. ) I guess age is catching up.. lol

Guest pingalicker

New eppisodes of the show "Human Weapon" air at 10pm west coast time USA and this evening the show takes place in Japan and studies Karate. I don't know how many countries they are visiting in total, but I hope they do go around the world. Yes, the one actor/fighter is a hottie. English style boxing here in Las Vegas has almost taken 2nd place to MMA (mixed martial arts) style fights. On my 3rd trip to LOS I was at Lumpini stadium and Master Toddy was there filming for his tv show "Fight Girls" which airs on the Oxygen Channel. Master Toddy owns and operates a Muay Thai gym here in Vegas and puts on fights open to the public about 4 times a year which are quite good. I spoke to him there briefly as he was busy, but thought to myself, geez I travel half way around the world and bump into someone from home. The mamasan at the bar I frequent in BKK knows I'm a fight fan and said he knew a Mauy Thai boxer that was "available", and was I interested. I responded "Oh, Hell Yes!" But he couldn't get ahold of him before I left. But I'm coming back in October, hoping my dream of dreams will be fullfilled!