Lucky

A Tribute to the Police

• Members

The numerous incidents recently where police officers have been killed or injured in the line of duty are exceptionally high, but it does remind us that each radio call or traffic stop could be a dangerous situation for the officers. We can be quick to criticize the police, but we shouldn't forget the nature of their job is stressful and often dangerous. Decisions have to be made quickly or it becomes a matter of life or death. So, here's to the police. (toast) May you always be safe.

• Members

23 people viewed this thread, and therefore have become eligible for one "get out of jail free" card. Please apply at your local police department, using code MER, followed by the number assigned when you viewed the thread. The rest of you are assumed not to care about the police and will be ticketed at a higher rate than the rest of us.

• Members

Lucky,

Just as a little bit of information: according to the Officer Down Memorial Page there were 163 Police Officers that died in the line of duty in 2010. So far this year there have been 19.

As a LEO myself I would just like to thank you for your toast, and kind wish for safety. I (we) can use all the prayers for safety we can get.

Slainte,

Bill- Knight911