Lucky

Scott Brown Molested As A Boy?

• Members

Preparing to raise a whopping $25 million to be re-elected to the US Senate, Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown has written his memoirs. He reveals in them that he was molested as a boy by a camp counselor. He appears on 60 Minutes this Sunday to hype his book, telling them: “Fortunately nothing was ever fully consummated, so to speak,” he says in the interview, “but it was certainly, back then, very traumatic. He said, ‘If you tell anybody I’ll kill you.’” It's unclear why a molestation "back then" would be more traumatizing than one today.

Brown adds other juicy gossip to the mill: "Mr. Brown also writes in the book about shoplifting numerous items as a teenager, including a three-piece suit, according to The Boston Globe, which obtained a copy on Wednesday. He has previously acknowledged being arrested for shoplifting records when he was 12."

The well-dressed former Playgirl model seeks to be re-elected, but apparently needs more than just his record to win enough votes.

More from the Washington Post: More Scott Stuff

Guest zipperzone

He claims he never told his mother at the time and never even told his wife.

Who the hell can believe him?

Why the hell should anyone believe him?

Anybody can make a similar claim just to get attention. He's been watching too much reality TV :frantics:

• Members

Brown has told local prosecutors that he does not wish an investigation to be opened into his allegations of sexual abuse. The charges are of activity 40 years old, and Brown states that he did not write about them "to settle any scores." Prosecutors accepted his decision.

Guest zipperzone

Brown has told local prosecutors that he does not wish an investigation to be opened into his allegations of sexual abuse. The charges are of activity 40 years old, and Brown states that he did not write about them "to settle any scores." Prosecutors accepted his decision.

I'm sure they did - what other choice did they have. How do you prove or disprove something that happened 40 years ago. If the so-called perpetrator is still alive it would be one persons word against another.

I personally think there should be a statute of limitations re reporting of sexual crimes. (I'm sure the Catholic Church would love this as well)

Nothing could persuade me that Brown's "disclosure" is anything but a marketing ploy.