Lucky

It Sucks

• Members

The LA Times is one of the few major newspapers that give big play to soldiers killed in action in one of the many wars this country wages. We know that it's a mix of people who serve, of all races, men and women, fat people, ugly people, cute people, tall, short, thin...

...and very cute. Why is it that the obituary with the picture of the cute guy is the one I notice? Today they wrote of a 19 year old Asian Marine, cute as a button, killed after only 2 months in Afghanistan.

And for why? Why do we hurl so many of our young into the face of death, give them post traumatic stress if we allow them to live, and fail to provide them with the best equipment and medical care? Why do we send them at all? So jerks like Karzai and his family can get richer?

end rant

• Members

I debated adding that little qualifier- war, that is- and in retrospect would probably have received more than the ten views I got if I did. It does seem clear that Politics is not the reason most visit this site!